Warning Against Women

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
The same to you - it is good to see you on here when you come around... (y)
Oh, I hadn't seen you for a while. I thought you were the one who was missing. But it could have been me. :)

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
If there be any wisdom between us - how about we not totally derail this thread. I am pretty sure the OP would probably appreciate it...

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Don't feel too bad. Apparently, I cannot come up with a good reply for this post - so, we are both just in sad shape... :LOL:
If in doubt, use scripture. How about this one - Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. (Actually, thanks that you didn't use it!)

If there be any wisdom between us - how about we not totally derail this thread. I am pretty sure the OP would probably appreciate it...
Yes. Please forgive our interlude, Original Poster.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
If in doubt, use scripture. How about this one - Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. (Actually, thanks that you didn't use it!)
Yeah - thanks for that idea - maybe next time... ;)

:D

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
With Samson, I think his first wife was murdered by the Philistines after Samson obtained the requested price for losing his bet with them by killing some other Philistines (because the first Philistines had threatened his wife to tell them the secret of his riddle).
they were planning to kill her and her whole family, Judges 14:15 - i think her father bargained his way out of this by marrying her to another man instead, Judges 15:1-2

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I was enjoying the diversion. This subject usually disintegrates rapidly into the same old argument.
Your conversation was much better. :cool:

AND...

Also, the obvious answer is that women are more desirable to men, than men are to women. Probably like wine is more desirable to an alcoholic than it is to a teetotaller. The teetotaller doesn't have to be too careful about wine, because he doesn't drink. The alcoholic does, because he loves it.

Think of women as fine wine, and men as the alcoholic. And also, think of women as the teetotaller, and men as an industrial grade tequilla, with one of those worms stuck in it.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
I think if you do some research on the woman in the Old Testament you will find out that many times it refers to Wisdom ---as well as wife --mother ----harlot -----loose woman ----stranger --etc so you really have to read the context of the Scripture and look up the word woman in the Hebrew to get the real meaning of how the word is used in the particular scripture -------

interesting read here for anyone interested -----read all for yourselves ---I just posted this part

https://jwa.org/encyclopedia/articl...=In some of the books,and a source of counsel
Woman Wisdom: Bible
by Claudia V. Camp
In Brief
In some of the books of the Hebrew Bible, “wisdom” is personified as a female character. This character is shown no only in traditional roles of women as a mother and housekeeper, but also as a prophet and a source of counsel.

Female Personification of Wisdom

Why the female personification? Perhaps in part because, in Hebrew, wisdom is a grammatically feminine noun. Grammar does not fully explain, however, Proverbs’s interest in repeated and varied development of the female persona, which contrasts with the only incipient personification in Job. The female imagery for Woman Wisdom is also closely connected to her negative counterpart in Proverbs, that embodiment of evil referred to as the “loose woman” (“strange woman,” or “Woman Stranger”).

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I'm not sure what you mean. I know what you said. My question is why does the bible tell men to be careful with women and not the other way around?
Maybe cause of this?

Ecclesiastes 7:28
New King James Version
28 Which my soul still seeks but I cannot find:
One man among a thousand I have found,
But a woman among all these I have not found.

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
The Bible does warn against the evil men and evil women alike. It's the nature of the kingdom of whores. Paul in all his letters rarely actually gives a prophecy, mostly focusing on doctrine and the already established Scriptures making them know and plain for the Gentiles. However, Paul gives a rare prophecy in advice to young Timothy which shows the nature of the evil woman and man and their ways, this is also serving as a warning to women also. The sign of the nature of the end times generations turning evil is this; evil men seducing silly women laden with sins into diverse lusts together. They are deceivers deceiving each other. Proverbs 7 is a good example of the both the evil men following after in the inverse disorder of the Devil the evil women. Their kingdom is made up of them both, two to tango, and then the lovers quarrel after for eternity in the flames.
What do you mean by then the lovers quarrel after eternity in the flames?

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
Maybe cause of this?

Ecclesiastes 7:28
New King James Version
28 Which my soul still seeks but I cannot find:
One man among a thousand I have found,
But a woman among all these I have not found.
So profound

26 And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.
27 Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account:
28 Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.

Aug 2, 2021
I'm wondering if there is a reason for that besides the obvious regurgitated reason from the garden?
Be careful what you say.

The Garden incident IS the REASON.
You error is that you think that was an isolated incident instead of the progression of satan and sin from Genesis to Revelation.

I hope you will bear with a little of my foolishness, but you are already doing that. I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. For I promised you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.
I am afraid, however, that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may be led astray from your simple and pure devotion to Christ. 2 Cor 11:1-3

A woman must learn in quietness and full submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, and then Eve.
And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression.
Women, however, will be saved through childbearing, if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

But Jezebel his wife came to him, and said to him, “Why is your spirit so sullen that you eat no food?”
6He said to her, “Because I spoke to Naboth the Jezreelite, and said to him, ‘Give me your vineyard for money; or else, if it pleases you, I will give you another vineyard for it.’ And he answered, ‘I will not give you my vineyard.’ ”
7Then Jezebel his wife said to him, “You now exercise authority over Israel! Arise, eat food, and let your heart be cheerful;
I will give you the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite.”

‘These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: “I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first.
Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel,
who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”
So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written:
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.
I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
So profound

26 And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.
27 Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account:
28 Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.
Arguably, the Preacher's problem was that he "sought" through a thousand women for the one he was looking for.

This is a huge problem with today's "free love" (easy premarital sex) philosophy. Someone may have several sexual partners before they meet the person they want to marry. But then the one they marry simply may not be as good in bed as one of their exes.

Now they are stuck in a marriage where they truly love their spouse, but there's always the memory of better sex in the back of their mind making them dissatisfied with what they have.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Be careful what you say.

The Garden incident IS the REASON.
You error is that you think that was an isolated incident instead of the progression of satan and sin from Genesis to Revelation.

I hope you will bear with a little of my foolishness, but you are already doing that. I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. For I promised you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.
I am afraid, however, that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may be led astray from your simple and pure devotion to Christ. 2 Cor 11:1-3

A woman must learn in quietness and full submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, and then Eve.
And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression.
Women, however, will be saved through childbearing, if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

But Jezebel his wife came to him, and said to him, “Why is your spirit so sullen that you eat no food?”
6He said to her, “Because I spoke to Naboth the Jezreelite, and said to him, ‘Give me your vineyard for money; or else, if it pleases you, I will give you another vineyard for it.’ And he answered, ‘I will not give you my vineyard.’ ”
7Then Jezebel his wife said to him, “You now exercise authority over Israel! Arise, eat food, and let your heart be cheerful;
I will give you the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite.”

‘These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: “I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first.
Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel,
who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”
So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written:
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.
I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.
This is what happens when MEN fail to assume the role of spiritual leadership that God has given them. Look at all the women in American politics. Look at where our nation is today.