Warped mentalities

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Hello everyone! I havent posted for a while but have been checking threads and posts and a lot of times have been shaking my head.
I wonder what has happened to normal socializing. I feel like no matter what age groups, backgrounds and other things, many have lost touch of communicating with one another on a individual level.
People with normal day-to-day problems and dont know how to master them anymore. Or make problems out of things where there are none. Making things like meeting people more complicated due to some sort of fear in their head that there could just be something sinful behind it.
Where has the real life communication gone?
My mother never had to search people in the internet to find a way of dealing with me or my brother, we would talk about things openly and dealt with things from there. Why is it so hard for others to have a open relationship built on trust with people in our families or friends today?
I truly pray that people who come here in or from broken relationships find the strength in God to break through this disunity and come back to a point of unity and peace. And I hope that all those suffering of fear of loosing loved ones to the world have a break through and see the hand of God over their walks.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont think its that, because probably in your mothers time she did ask for advice from others (maybe phone) before internet was widely available. You just didnt know about it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
another thing I think happens is that can be hard to communicate with people when they dont listen.

an example is deaf people. Have you ever lived with a deaf person? You have to figure out ways to communicate if you dont know sign language so they can understand. Or lived with family members with a language barrier? Thats also many peoples families and friends who are immigrants or different cultural background. there are all sorts of things like that.

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
I used to email a girl named demelza, but she never writes anymore.