Was Jesus a rich or poor man, when on earth?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
I watched a pastor on YouTube explain how Jesus was actually very rich when on earth. He made a lot of valid points and basically I feel like I've been lied to again.

The reasons are as follow:

1. Mary was a descendent of king David and therefore had generational wealth.
2. Staying in a manger was because there was no room, NOT no money.
3. Wise men brought his the best riches in those days.
4. King Herod felt threatened because rumors of another rich king (aka Jesus) was born and he ordered to kill all babies under 2 for it. Makes way more sense if Jesus was rich.
5. Mary was told at the wedding there was no more wine. Why go to her and Jesus? They didn't know he could turn water into wine as he had never done that. They would go to rich people who could afford to help.
6. Jesus had 12 disciples with families follow him. Would they just let their families starve?
7. Joseph was a carpenter and it was a highly respected occupation back then. Plus he was "the" carpenter indicating he was very good at what he did.
8. Jesus had a treasurer. Poor people don't need treasurers.
9. The Roman soldiers cut the cloth of Jesus's clothes and divided it among themselves indicating value. They couldn't cut the outer coat bc it was seamless and made of 1 piece. It was designed for kings to wear.
10. Thousands of people would not follow someone poor. Knowing people, I just don't see this happening. How could he help them if he couldn't help himself?

What do you think? Is Jesus rich or poor?

Even deeper... if he was/is rich, why the big cover up? Why do they not want the children of God to know he was rich on earth?
Jesus was not rich which he said the birds have nests, and the foxes have holes, but He has nowhere to lay His head.

People say this to justify catering to their wants, which the Bible says some people pray amiss to consume it upon their lusts.

God blessed Israel with money, and material things, in the Old Testament, but in the New Testament He only blesses with our needs.

Jesus told the rich man to sell all he had, and give to the poor, and then he would be perfect to enter heaven.

If God blessed Israel with riches why couldn't the rich man keep his riches and enter heaven.

Paul said if any person teaches that godliness is gain from such withdraw yourselves, having food and clothing, be content.

For the love of money is the root of all evil because it neglects the poor and the needy, and love is the fulfilling of the law.

A person that goes by their wants violates the love of money, and it is not love for they care about money and material things more than people, so their faith is no good for love is greater than faith which is why Paul said they erred from the faith.

The faith is to love people, and faith works by love.

Jesus came to bring the New Covenant so He had to abide by the laws of that Covenant which means He could not be rich for then it would violate loving people, and then How can Jesus be the Savior if He does not love people which God is love.

Jesus could not be rich according to the principle of the New Testament.

That is why the early Church sold all they had that was not a necessity, and distributed the money to the poor, which the disciples were not rich so why were they not rich if they are blessed being Hebrews.

Paul said he did not covet any person's silver or gold, but only ministered unto his necessities, and said a preacher should work with his hands to provide for his needs so they are not bothering the saints to do that.

Why couldn't Paul be rich.

The Bible says those that are rich should distribute their money to the poor.

The Bible says the saints appear poor to the world because that is how the world views riches by money and material things but God does not bless them with that but only their needs.

The saints are to obey the same laws as Jesus did so if Jesus was rich then the saints would be able to be rich but they are not allowed to do that.

God told the Church of the Laodiceans that they say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

God does not bless the saints with money for their wants so they are not allowed to be rich which it neglects the poor and needy, so Jesus being the author of Christianity would follow the same principles so He could not of been rich.

It is people that want to be rich that believe Jesus was rich so they can justify themselves like television evangelists.

But the Bible says the preacher should not be in the ministry for the money.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Jesus was not rich which he said the birds have nests, and the foxes have holes, but He has nowhere to lay His head.

People say this to justify catering to their wants, which the Bible says some people pray amiss to consume it upon their lusts.

God blessed Israel with money, and material things, in the Old Testament, but in the New Testament He only blesses with our needs.

Jesus told the rich man to sell all he had, and give to the poor, and then he would be perfect to enter heaven.

If God blessed Israel with riches why couldn't the rich man keep his riches and enter heaven.

Paul said if any person teaches that godliness is gain from such withdraw yourselves, having food and clothing, be content.

For the love of money is the root of all evil because it neglects the poor and the needy, and love is the fulfilling of the law.

A person that goes by their wants violates the love of money, and it is not love for they care about money and material things more than people, so their faith is no good for love is greater than faith which is why Paul said they erred from the faith.

The faith is to love people, and faith works by love.

Jesus came to bring the New Covenant so He had to abide by the laws of that Covenant which means He could not be rich for then it would violate loving people, and then How can Jesus be the Savior if He does not love people which God is love.

Jesus could not be rich according to the principle of the New Testament.

That is why the early Church sold all they had that was not a necessity, and distributed the money to the poor, which the disciples were not rich so why were they not rich if they are blessed being Hebrews.

Paul said he did not covet any person's silver or gold, but only ministered unto his necessities, and said a preacher should work with his hands to provide for his needs so they are not bothering the saints to do that.

Why couldn't Paul be rich.

The Bible says those that are rich should distribute their money to the poor.

The Bible says the saints appear poor to the world because that is how the world views riches by money and material things but God does not bless them with that but only their needs.

The saints are to obey the same laws as Jesus did so if Jesus was rich then the saints would be able to be rich but they are not allowed to do that.

God told the Church of the Laodiceans that they say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

God does not bless the saints with money for their wants so they are not allowed to be rich which it neglects the poor and needy, so Jesus being the author of Christianity would follow the same principles so He could not of been rich.

It is people that want to be rich that believe Jesus was rich so they can justify themselves like television evangelists.

But the Bible says the preacher should not be in the ministry for the money.
Exactly,
Well said.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
John 6:26 KJV
Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles,

but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.

Haggai 2:8-9 KJV
The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.
[9] The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and

in this place will I give peace,
saith the LORD of hosts.

No amount of wealth will ever give you peace.
Being poor doesn't give you peace either. Just ask the homeless person living under a bridge. There's a lot of anxiety being poor.

Being wealthy means you're able to help more people. How can you help people when you're poor? You can volunteer your time (if you're not working) but you can't give money to help.

"'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. '

Did you ever notice how many of the prophets in the old testament were rich? Even Joseph as sent to prison and learned the way of the rich in the palace and became rich. This is because God doesn't desire people to be poor. He says to help people who are poor.

I found this website about how detrimental it is for Christians to believe Jesus was poor.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayo...ays Jesus couldn't,traveled in style, he says.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
It is possible that Jesus had money through family wealth and/or funding from followers. I don't think the Bible is too clear on Jesus' or His family's wealth. Most likely he was "middle class" of that time (given that he and his earthly father had middle class professions), meaning he had shelter, food, clothes, etc., and probably some rainy day savings. It could be that he was born into some wealth, or accumulated some wealth in his early years, but once it was time to begin His ministry, He withdrew from most/all wealth and lived poor (without belongings, etc.).

Jesus had some harsh words about the rich, so He was likely not monetarily rich. He could have had a few nice items but that d.oesn't necessarily mean He was rich (these items could have been donations). We know His followers were willing to spend a lot of money on Him, including the woman who poured expensive perfume on His feet. Jesus also said money was the god of this world, so I doubt He cared too much about wealth. Even if he was wealthy, he may have been wealthy in the books but He probably lived the "bare necessities" lifestyle.
They didn't really have the middle class back then though.

Jesus received a multitude of gold.... think a caravan of gold. I just don't understand how people could say he was poor. He had times in his life where he lived poor. (Being put in a manger and in the wilderness)

Even the fishermen for the disciples. Fishermen make a lot of money, even now. They weren't just casual fishermen. It was their livelihood.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
No one can answer this question. How can Jesus be poor if he's being given a multitude of gold from the wise men?

Why do we only believe the story we are told at Christmas and not ever question parts of it? Poor people don't get gold handed over to them as a baby. It was handed to him bc he is a king and kings have wealth.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Being poor doesn't give you peace either. Just ask the homeless person living under a bridge. There's a lot of anxiety being poor.

Being wealthy means you're able to help more people. How can you help people when you're poor? You can volunteer your time (if you're not working) but you can't give money to help.

"'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. '

Did you ever notice how many of the prophets in the old testament were rich? Even Joseph as sent to prison and learned the way of the rich in the palace and became rich. This is because God doesn't desire people to be poor. He says to help people who are poor.

I found this website about how detrimental it is for Christians to believe Jesus was poor.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/12/25/RichJesus/index.html#:~:text=Anderson says Jesus couldn't,traveled in style, he says.
Simple enough. Just show clear and convincing evidence from the scriptures that Jesus was rich. Not conjecture, but clear evidence. I can show you very many scriptures that indicate He wasn't rich. What have you got?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
He received financial support from people. Especially the women who traveled with Him. He, Himself, was a Carpenter's son and had no great wealth of His own. This was by Gods design. He did not want people following/believing in Jesus because He came from a wealthy family, was handsome or had great wealth of His own. God wanted people to believe in Him because of His Gospel.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its obvious Jesus was not rich by worldy standards and identified with the poor.

However he was not destitute or living permanently below the poverty line as it was in those days, but like most people, had hard times and good times.

In Jesus day the wealthy were extremely wealthy and the poor as it was had just enough for each day. Jesus often talked about this gap in parables (Lazarus and the rich man, the young rich ruler, the rich man and the camel going through the eye of a needle, the rich man and his barns, the rich pharisee and the poor widow, the rich pharisees with flowing robes etc)

Jesus entered Jerusalem on a borrowed donkey, while rich people rode horses or camels. That would be like Jesus riding a bicycle today instead of a car. Fishermen were not rich people, they caught their food and depended on God for their catch...on good fishing day you are rich, on bad ones you catch nothing.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I watched a pastor on YouTube explain how Jesus was actually very rich when on earth. He made a lot of valid points and basically I feel like I've been lied to again.

The reasons are as follow:

1. Mary was a descendent of king David and therefore had generational wealth.
2. Staying in a manger was because there was no room, NOT no money.
3. Wise men brought his the best riches in those days.
4. King Herod felt threatened because rumors of another rich king (aka Jesus) was born and he ordered to kill all babies under 2 for it. Makes way more sense if Jesus was rich.
5. Mary was told at the wedding there was no more wine. Why go to her and Jesus? They didn't know he could turn water into wine as he had never done that. They would go to rich people who could afford to help.
6. Jesus had 12 disciples with families follow him. Would they just let their families starve?
7. Joseph was a carpenter and it was a highly respected occupation back then. Plus he was "the" carpenter indicating he was very good at what he did.
8. Jesus had a treasurer. Poor people don't need treasurers.
9. The Roman soldiers cut the cloth of Jesus's clothes and divided it among themselves indicating value. They couldn't cut the outer coat bc it was seamless and made of 1 piece. It was designed for kings to wear.
10. Thousands of people would not follow someone poor. Knowing people, I just don't see this happening. How could he help them if he couldn't help himself?

What do you think? Is Jesus rich or poor?

Even deeper... if he was/is rich, why the big cover up? Why do they not want the children of God to know he was rich on earth?
we’re not told much about Jesus life before his baptism when he began preaching the gospel . There’s no evidence or even suggestion he was wealthy .

when he began his ministry he no longer had need of money but lived as a vagabond forsaking this worlds treasure for his kingdom and true riches

“And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭9:57-62‬ ‭

paul and the apostles also forsook the worlds riches and wealth fornthe kingdom

“For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; and labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭4:9-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

jesus never actually promised us we would prosper and become wealthy as those health and wealth pastors teach . But we will have what we need there’s a call in the gospel to look away from thier worlds values and valuables nd look into the kingdom of God

When money is what’s important to us we’re being deceived nd falling into a snare

“But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭6:6-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Having money isnt a curse being greedy wit it coveting wealth letting money be most important more important than the needy people is the issue some have money and are generous and helpful others have money and re greedy and selfish with it and won’t help those in need

have to look to heavens treasures

“Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭12:33‬ ‭

“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1-3‬ ‭

“Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: for which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: in the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:5-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
John 12:5-6 KJV
Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? [6] This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

John 13:29 KJV
For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.

Judas Iscariot was the accountant.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Mary was a descendent of king David and therefore had generational wealth.

A: David's family lost the wealth that Solomon accumulated when the land of
Israel was conquered by Nebuchadnezzar and taken into slavery.

B: Generational wealth (when there is any) passes to a man's daughters only when
he has no sons (Num 27:1-8). Joseph was David's son. (Matt 1:20)

C: Joseph was a carpenter (Matt 13:55) which was a trade practiced by men who
worked with their hands.
_

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018

A: David's family lost the wealth that Solomon accumulated when the land of
Israel was conquered by Nebuchadnezzar and taken into slavery.

B: Generational wealth (when there is any) passes to a man's daughters only when
he has no sons (Num 27:1-8). Joseph was David's son. (Matt 1:20)

C: Joseph was a carpenter (Matt 13:55) which was a trade practiced by men who
worked with their hands.
_

Joseph was the carpenter, which would have been a very successful career choice then. Jesus was also a carpenter.... the creator of the world would have some skills in it right? So they would have made a ton of money off just that. He didn't do his ministry until his 30s. So he was a carpenter for many years.

Even if they didn't have money originally.... the wise men bringing gold would have made them rich. Think of like "child support" from God. Why do people think we take care of our children, but God doesn't? Why would God bless Abraham and so many other others but forget about Mary and Joseph? Mary, she would have been in such an embarrassing situation, can you imagine the gossip. Joseph was going to leave her originally. Then... she had to go through labor....

Because of this Joseph and Mary were given an abundant supply of treasure for Jesus. His inheritance, as in heres my child support. Judas bought a field with only 30 pieces of silver. They brought a caravan of camels of treasure to Jesus.

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9

This verse doesn't mean what we were led to believe. Jesus was rich.... on earth. Then he gave to the poor and the people until he finally gave his life. Then it turns into a spiritual meaning.

It was his choice though. The treasure was provided to him by God on earth. Mary and Joseph were also blessed for their faithfulness as you see in the old testament with riches for Jesus.

Jul 14, 2019
I'm wondering why you have to make Jesus rich to be rich. Is it because if he's rich you're entitled to be rich? But you're saying he's rich because he's a king as the op. Are you a king? Are you God's son who is God? I don't see that people are going to bring you gold frankenscense and mur. Maybe the preacher you heard gets too much money and fells guilty. Some people trust in fancy suits and rich preachers but the real Christian gives doesn't take. When Naman offered money to the prophet for his healing the prophet said it is not time to accept riches.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
we’re not told much about Jesus life before his baptism when he began preaching the gospel . There’s no evidence or even suggestion he was wealthy .

when he began his ministry he no longer had need of money but lived as a vagabond forsaking this worlds treasure for his kingdom and true riches

“And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭9:57-62‬ ‭

paul and the apostles also forsook the worlds riches and wealth fornthe kingdom

“For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; and labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭4:9-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

jesus never actually promised us we would prosper and become wealthy as those health and wealth pastors teach . But we will have what we need there’s a call in the gospel to look away from thier worlds values and valuables nd look into the kingdom of God

When money is what’s important to us we’re being deceived nd falling into a snare

“But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭6:6-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Having money isnt a curse being greedy wit it coveting wealth letting money be most important more important than the needy people is the issue some have money and are generous and helpful others have money and re greedy and selfish with it and won’t help those in need

have to look to heavens treasures

“Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭12:33‬ ‭

“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1-3‬ ‭

“Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: for which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: in the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:5-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬
I just want to know what's right.

And I've been looking in the bible and it seems like they've been lying to me my whole life.

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9

Why was I told this means rich in heaven? Is the kingdom of heaven now, the past, or the future?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Your mention of Gandhi is exactly my point. That's NOT christian.
You did not get why i was using Gandhi.. I used Gandhi to show that your point that people only follow rich people was wrong.. It had nothing to do with the religion of Gandhi..

My theory is that Jesus was VERY wealthy and that abundance flows from God.
And i strongly disagree.. You sound like a name it claim it prosperity doctrine believer ??

Why is that important? Because we're taught Jesus was poor and so if we're successful in life we are holding a double life in our subconscious, thinking I have so much, but Jesus had so little. I must be a bad Christian.
That's a misguided P.O.V.. It does not matter to me if another Christian is wealthy or poor or in the middle as far as material wealth is concerned.. What matters is if they believe Jesus and trust that the Atonement He secured on the cross pays the penalty for their sins..

And now I'm not even convinced he was poor. Most verses show the contrary.
I think you WANT to believe Jesus was rich,, maybe because you feel guilty of being rich or you feel guilty for the desire to become rich..

Joseph working has nothing to do with being rich. Rich people work. And besides that I'm talking about Jesus.... the baby who was brought riches from wise men. The descendant of king David and Solomon, the richest man in the world.
Jesus was a carpenter like Joseph not a mega rich occupation.. This is simple.. Jesus was not rich and he was not poor..

I'm not talking about the purple robe they gave him. But they made four parts, one for each soldier; also his tunic. They would not do that for something cheap.
You're confused.. They only divided one item of clothing into 4 and that item was put upon Jesus as a way to mock him.. Jesus never purchased that clothing..

Think about a wedding where you run out of something. Why go to someone to let them know? You're going to someone you think can help. Someone with the means or money to do so. That's common sense.
Again no where in the account does it say that the bride and groom went to Mary to asking for help...

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
You did not get why i was using Gandhi.. I used Gandhi to show that your point that people only follow rich people was wrong.. It had nothing to do with the religion of Gandhi..

And i strongly disagree.. You sound like a name it claim it prosperity doctrine believer ??

That's a misguided P.O.V.. It does not matter to me if another Christian is wealthy or poor or in the middle as far as material wealth is concerned.. What matters is if they believe Jesus and trust that the Atonement He secured on the cross pays the penalty for their sins..

I think you WANT to believe Jesus was rich,, maybe because you feel guilty of being rich or you feel guilty for the desire to become rich..

Jesus was a carpenter like Joseph not a mega rich occupation.. This is simple.. Jesus was not rich and he was not poor..

You're confused.. They only divided one item of clothing into 4 and that item was put upon Jesus as a way to mock him.. Jesus never purchased that clothing..

Again no where in the account does it say that the bride and groom went to Mary to asking for help...

We were told he was rich. It's man who is changing the words.

It literally says he was rich... not rich in heaven, but rich. He gave it to others, but had it. It has a dual meaning, real and spiritual.

Here are more:

Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. And He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey, neither staffs nor bag nor bread nor money; and do not have two tunics apiece.” Luke 9:1-3

The people around him had money and were told not to bring it.

Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His garments and made four parts, to each soldier a part, and also the tunic. Now the tunic was without seam, woven from the top in one piece. They said therefore among themselves, “Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be,” that the Scripture might be fulfilled which says: “They divided My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.” Therefore the soldiers did these things. John 19:23-24

They divided his clothes for the wealth.

Speaking of Judas
John 12:6 He didn’t say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief. He was in charge of the money-bag and would steal part of what was put in it.

Jesus had so much money Judas was stealing from it and no one even noticed. I mean obviously Jesus knew.

I think about all the rich prophets of the old testament. How blessed would Mary and Joseph have been to raise God's son. I mean obviously it would have been pretty cool, but God would have paid them for it. Hence the caravans of camels.

I grew up never praying for money, became an adult never praying for money, to an adult struggling to pay bills never praying for money to stopping charity bc I couldn't afford it. So then I thought maybe I'll ask God for help financially. Which led me here. 🤔 I feel guilty not having the money to help others. I should mention the money seems to be coming in a lot more now too, and I have no guilt over it knowing it's from God.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Even if they didn't have money originally.... the wise men bringing gold
would have made them rich.
The items given Jesus as an infant were no doubt adequate to finance the
family's sojourn in Egypt, and possibly then some; but I seriously doubt it all
stretched enough to make them self sufficient for 30 years. The very fact
that Jesus' dad worked for a living tells us something about the family's
financial condition.

According to Ps 69:12 & Isa 53:3, Jesus wasn't all that respected in his
community, Had his family been wealthy, the good citizens of Nazareth
would've treated him much better. (Prov 14:20)

Why would God bless Abraham and so many other others but forget about
Mary and Joseph?
Jesus was on track to become a high priest. According to Heb 2:17, it's
important that high priests be able to identify with their constituents. Well;
in Jesus' case, the vast majority of his responsibility is focused upon
ordinary folk. (1Cor 1:26)

For example: I was a professional welder 40 years before retiring in 2006.
Myself a blue collar worker finds it much easier to relate to Jesus as blue
collar than had he been privileged.
_

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Sister blueluna5 YOU ARE CORRECT!!! Jesus was better than rich!! Let's look at scripture which proves this! (Psalm 50 for one example! verse 10-12 for one example next let us look at Jesus who owned his own home! (Mark 2:15)

Jesus had NO NEEDS Period! If he would have how could he possibly be God in the flesh?? LOL SO!!! No one can be richer than Jesus! He created everything and everything is his! (Col 1:15-17) and (John 1:1-4!) May this guide you in all truth sis!!! But a fine discussion!!