Chastisement was for those churches. Warnings (instruction) is for usAnd these seven letters are for for after-the-fact, the fact is each church's work.
Chastisement was for those churches. Warnings (instruction) is for usAnd these seven letters are for for after-the-fact, the fact is each church's work.
That warning is an instruction for the discerning.No, not necessarily. For example, a sign in a zoo might say, "These animals are dangerous." That's a warning, but not an instruction. If instead the sign had said, "Do not put your hands through the bars of this cage," then that is an instruction.
In the context of a prophecy book, I'd rather read those as objective prophecy. Not everything is about us and around us.Chastisement was for those churches. Warnings (instruction) is for us
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness. -- 2 Tim 3:16 ESVIn the context of a prophecy book, I'd rather read those as objective prophecy. Not everything is about us and around us.
All Scripture is multi-layered and multi-faceted, never limited to one aspect.All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness. -- 2 Tim 3:16 ESV
I'll go with what scripture says, not what you want it to say.All Scripture is multi-layered and multi-faceted, never limited to one aspect.
And I'll read each portion of scripture in its context and narrative, not your own context and narrative.I'll go with what scripture says, not what you want it to say.
There're certain scripture verses that seem to espouse genecide (wipe out the canaanites in Israel's conquest of Canaan), abortion (better for that man to never have been born!), socialism (...sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.), racism (It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs) and other evil deeds, I'm pretty sure those are not for instruction.I'll go with what scripture says, not what you want it to say.
One problem with that notion, if the sin nature is somehow genetically passed, when someone dies and is freed from their physical body, and its genetic defects, does that make them sinless? Now if sin is an active choice by each person, uninfluenced by genetics, then there is no escape from one's choice of sin even after death, it merely implies that all humans duplicate the choice made by Adam and that sin is clearly an aspect of human nature.If the HS could make a clean zygote, I believe He could make it "be the seed of David".
There're certain scripture verses that seem to espouse genecide (wipe out the canaanites in Israel's conquest of Canaan), abortion (better for that man to never have been born!), socialism (...sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.), racism (It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs) and other evil deeds, I'm pretty sure those are not for instruction.
The concept of sharing assets equally, while appearing socialist, actually fits extremely well with the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself. Why should one person have while another needs, so long as the commandment to work as you are able is also followed. God freely grants certain abilities to certain people, why should they benefit materially just because God freely granted them some special ability, even if they had to strive to fully actualize it.There're certain scripture verses that seem to espouse genecide (wipe out the canaanites in Israel's conquest of Canaan), abortion (better for that man to never have been born!), socialism (...sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.), racism (It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs) and other evil deeds, I'm pretty sure those are not for instruction.
The concept of sharing assets equally, while appearing socialist, actually fits extremely well with the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself. Why should one person have while another needs, so long as the commandment to work as you are able is also followed. God freely grants certain abilities to certain people, why should they benefit materially just because God freely granted them some special ability, even if they had to strive to fully actualize it.
NahSo., I guess that includes Jesus.
" Did all the "descendants " of Levi get their descent from above? No" Right, but Melchizedek did. I find it highly improbable that the Holy Spirit, after giving many genealogies of obscure men in scripture to show connectivity, would leave out Melchizedek's, a King and Priest, so great that the father of the faithful, Abraham, paid tithes to him. I believe he had no human genealogy and that's why it isn't
given, it doesn't exist.
I correctly answered the question you asked, did you check my answer? It's always a good one, thanks.Did you check the Greek? I showed you the Greek but I don't think you even looked, did you?
You don't strike me as someone serious when it comes to studying the word of God.
Have a good one.![]()
Of course, you do understand that others have studied Greek and Hebrew for years also, and have not come to those same conclusions, don't you? The answers I received from my inputs I DID learn from and my reference to the foolish and weak scripture was in response to the smarmy, erudite like exchanges between you two about me. I never claimed to be foolish and weak, but inferred from those remarks that that was what was thought. A major sticking point in some of our exchanges is when does man receive a human spirit, you say at the born again experience, I, on the other hand, say at original birth. What do you say about Job 32:8 " But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding."? Job, under the INSPIRATION of the Holy Spirit, spoke these words, without being born again, that, there IS (not will be) a spirit in man. Can't wait for you to refute that. P.S. It seems to indicate that the human SPIRIT is inspired and thereby gets understanding, then the soul.A scholar who studied Greek and Hebrew for most of his life.
Knowing how to input questions and knowing how to learn from the answers are not the same.
ἄνωθεν (anōthen) — 13 Occurrences
Not once in any of those occurrences is it used in the sense of a do-over.
You have ignored flesh only gives birth to flesh. You have ignored only the Spirit gives birth to spirit Jn.3:6 and that it is only God who gave the spirit Ecc.12:7. Then you claim being foolish and weak and if it is some badge of honour to justify your ignorance. Simply unbelievable the lengths some will go.
As I said before, come back when you're serious and can look deeper than your own nose.
grace and peace
I believe they are waiting for Jesus to finally defeat His last enemies, establish His Kingdom on earth and be given their glorified bodies and assignments, as we all will be given. If they were expecting to be under the altar forever I don't believe they would ask the question, for they would be asking eternally.Are they waiting for anything other than the avenging of their blood? That is, are they expecting to be in the state they are in "under the altar" forever?
These animals are dangerous, is an instruction enough for ME, it's implied, but instructive anyway, for me. I try to treat the Word of God the same way, a warning is also an instruction, I am instructed by the warning.No, not necessarily. For example, a sign in a zoo might say, "These animals are dangerous." That's a warning, but not an instruction. If instead the sign had said, "Do not put your hands through the bars of this cage," then that is an instruction.
Come back in ten years, and you'll be still stuck where you are now...Of course, you do understand that others have studied Greek and Hebrew for years also, and have not come to those same conclusions, don't you? The answers I received from my inputs I DID learn from and my reference to the foolish and weak scripture was in response to the smarmy, erudite like exchanges between you two about me. I never claimed to be foolish and weak, but inferred from those remarks that that was what was thought. A major sticking point in some of our exchanges is when does man receive a human spirit, you say at the born again experience, I, on the other hand, say at original birth. What do you say about Job 32:8 " But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding."? Job, under the INSPIRATION of the Holy Spirit, spoke these words, without being born again, that, there IS (not will be) a spirit in man. Can't wait for you to refute that. P.S. It seems to indicate that the human SPIRIT is inspired and thereby gets understanding, then the soul.
The first socialist was not Jesus, but Judas, who pretended to care for the poor while stole from the money bag, see Jn. 12:4-8.The concept of sharing assets equally, while appearing socialist, actually fits extremely well with the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself. Why should one person have while another needs, so long as the commandment to work as you are able is also followed. God freely grants certain abilities to certain people, why should they benefit materially just because God freely granted them some special ability, even if they had to strive to fully actualize it.
my reference to the foolish and weak scripture was in response to the smarmy, erudite like exchanges between you two about me.
You looked at two translations therefore you must be right? I continued to show you where it is used in other verses where it is clearly not something done again but something done new.I correctly answered the question you asked, did you check my answer? It's always a good one, thanks.
I agree, they are waiting to be clothed with their glorified, incorruptible, imperishable bodies. So then, by contrast, the unsaved dead are waiting for the resurrection to cast into the lake of fire, but they won't be clothed with the promised incorruptible, neither the imperishable. How can they then 'live forever' in torment?I believe they are waiting for Jesus to finally defeat His last enemies, establish His Kingdom on earth and be given their glorified bodies and assignments, as we all will be given. If they were expecting to be under the altar forever I don't believe they would ask the question, for they would be asking eternally.