Was Mary Sinless?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Of course, you do understand that others have studied Greek and Hebrew for years also, and have not come to those same conclusions,
That is why Jesus said..... "Only a few find it."

And, He meant it.

"Broad and wide" is the road to destruction. The majority will be wrong.

If I had a thousand people agreeing with me?
I would still be wrong.

It amounts to what?
You and the Spirit, and securing an accurate understanding of sound doctrine.

So be it....

.........
 
The first socialist was not Jesus, but Judas, who pretended to care for the poor while stole from the money bag, see Jn. 12:4-8.
You seem to have a flawed concept of what socialism is. In socialism, the government takes the assets and redistributes them as the government sees fit. The government was not directly involved in either Judas's decisions or the early church, unless you know something that scripture does not reveal. Now if you want to say that Judas was a very early American style capitalist, taking money from the poor and government handouts, when possible, to benefit himself, I could not argue. But neither Judas's actions, nor the actions of the early church fit the proper definition of socialism.
 
Which is simply your perception and I imagine is why you continue to justify yourself.


You looked at two translations therefore you must be right? I continued to show you where it is used in other verses where it is clearly not something done again but something done new.

When you can show me the verse that says flesh gives birth to spirit or if you can show anyone other than God gave us our spirit, then you might have a correct answer otherwise I must assume you are working on supposition.

Some people - because of the tendencies of their particular flesh - will establish for themselves a position that will allow for them to reign as a king over a domain they can call their own....
Just to feel like they really got something good.

At times I had to deal with this sort of thing in Twitter/X with transgenders who demanded that you accept they are not the sex they were born into.

Only the power of the Spirit and accepting Truth is capable of transforming our trends of the flesh out from where we used to hide.

In the mean while???

Alright...

Flesh gives birth to spirit. (for him)

My advice?
Don't argue.
 
Some people - because of the tendencies of their particular flesh - will establish for themselves a position that will allow for them to reign as a king over a domain they can call their own....
Just to feel like they really got something good.

At times I had to deal with this sort of thing in Twitter/X with transgenders who demanded that you accept they are not the sex they were born into.

Only the power of the Spirit and accepting Truth is capable of transforming our trends of the flesh out from where we used to hide.

In the mean while???

Alright...

Flesh gives birth to spirit. (for him)

My advice?
Don't argue.

I've said all I'm going to say. There are too many logical errors in his thinking to bother with at this point.
 
Come back in ten years, and you'll be still stuck where you are now...

It's a pity.
Yes, a pity you won't, or can't, answer the question posed. C'mon Genez, what does the scripture mean to you? What does your well learned sidekick think? How about your well versed in Greek and Hebrew teacher? Surely you all went over this. What's you spin on it.
 
I agree, they are waiting to be clothed with their glorified, incorruptible, imperishable bodies. So then, by contrast, the unsaved dead are waiting for the resurrection to cast into the lake of fire, but they won't be clothed with the promised incorruptible, neither the imperishable. How can they then 'live forever' in torment?
How could the burning bush not be consumed? Or the three Hebrew boys emerge from the fiery furnace in tact without even the smell of smoke. Something like that I imagine.
 
Which is simply your perception and I imagine is why you continue to justify yourself.


You looked at two translations therefore you must be right? I continued to show you where it is used in other verses where it is clearly not something done again but something done new.

When you can show me the verse that says flesh gives birth to spirit or if you can show anyone other than God gave us our spirit, then you might have a correct answer otherwise I must assume you are working on supposition.
I only gave two, which was the first one I looked at, because you said, or inferred, that it was only found in the KJV. One other was enough, I looked no further.
 
That is why Jesus said..... "Only a few find it."

And, He meant it.

"Broad and wide" is the road to destruction. The majority will be wrong.

If I had a thousand people agreeing with me?
I would still be wrong.

It amounts to what?
You and the Spirit, and securing an accurate understanding of sound doctrine.

So be it....

.........
Ultimately, to be right is to confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. THAT is the narrow way. All the other stuff, let God be true, but every man a liar.
 
Yes, a pity you won't, or can't, answer the question posed. C'mon Genez, what does the scripture mean to you? What does your well learned sidekick think? How about your well versed in Greek and Hebrew teacher? Surely you all went over this. What's you spin on it.

I wonder when will you start plucking out my beard?
 
How could the burning bush not be consumed? Or the three Hebrew boys emerge from the fiery furnace in tact without even the smell of smoke. Something like that I imagine.
The burning bush was incorruptible, and I imagine the fourth man in the furnace clothed the boys with his imperishable. I don't see how destruction can be equated with preservation.
 
Which is simply your perception and I imagine is why you continue to justify yourself.


You looked at two translations therefore you must be right? I continued to show you where it is used in other verses where it is clearly not something done again but something done new.

When you can show me the verse that says flesh gives birth to spirit or if you can show anyone other than God gave us our spirit, then you might have a correct answer otherwise I must assume you are working on supposition.
I NEVER said that flesh gives birth to spirit, you're attributing something to me that I haven't said. If you think I have, then show me where I posted it and I will admit that I was wrong. What I have said is that every man born into this world has a spirit. " But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding." Job 32:8. Again, no one was born again when this scripture was written yet Job, inspired by the Holy Spirit, said that man has a spirit. Explain please, if not get help from Genez or you well versed teacher in Greek or especially Hebrew, if you can.
 
Ultimately, to be right is to confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. THAT is the narrow way. All the other stuff, let God be true, but every man a liar.

That's all you got?
Don't stop there.
There is so much to know AND TO UNDERSTAND.


How about your well versed in Greek and Hebrew teacher?

Be careful about who and what you knock...


Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, ​
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”​


On every word?
That is how we are supposed to grow into maturity in Christ.

That requires a well versed teacher who can delve into the Hebrew and Greek texts to bring out of Scripture what mainstream translations fall short of doing.
 
That's all you got?
Don't stop there.
There is so much to know AND TO UNDERSTAND.




Be careful about who and what you knock...


Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, ​
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”​


On every word?
That is how we are supposed to grow into maturity in Christ.

That requires a well versed teacher who can delve into the Hebrew and Greek texts to bring out of Scripture what mainstream translations fall short of doing.
I said nothing derogatory about your teacher. I would not have known anything about him without your telling me. Being well versed is NOT a knock, if it's true. Again, there are other well versed teachers who have not come to the same conclusions as yours, but that doesn't make yours right or wrong or the others right or wrong and to say that they are travelling on the broad road means you might need to be careful yourself, that's derogatory. We all know in part, nobody has a corner on the whole truth.
 
That's all you got?
Don't stop there.
There is so much to know AND TO UNDERSTAND.




Be careful about who and what you knock...


Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, ​
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”​


On every word?
That is how we are supposed to grow into maturity in Christ.

That requires a well versed teacher who can delve into the Hebrew and Greek texts to bring out of Scripture what mainstream translations fall short of doing.
Of course I haven't stopped there, I wouldn't have been able to post with you this long if I had. I wasn't speaking about right or wrong as far as man is concerned, but in right standing with God.
 
The burning bush was incorruptible, and I imagine the fourth man in the furnace clothed the boys with his imperishable. I don't see how destruction can be equated with preservation.
If the burning bush was incorruptible then it's still there. Eternal torment is not equated with destruction either, remember" their" worm never dies and neither do they, if they did it would cease to be "their" worm.
 
I said nothing derogatory about your teacher.
Well you said the following that made it appear that way...

Yes, a pity you won't, or can't, answer the question posed. C'mon Genez, what does the scripture mean to you? What does your well learned sidekick think? How about your well versed in Greek and Hebrew teacher? Surely you all went over this. What's you spin on it.

Spin seemed derogatory....

To 'spin' can mean to present or interpret information in a way that gives it a favorable or advantageous appearance, often by fabricating details.