I'm still waiting for that scripture that proves that the OT righteous were born again.
And we're waiting for the scripture that says they weren't and were able to receive the things of the Spirit while they were spiritually dead.
I'm still waiting for that scripture that proves that the OT righteous were born again.
I believe God, the Holy Spirit, draws people to the Father through Jesus Christ and although those earthly things testify of a Creator, the preached Word or anointed testimony of another reaches your spirit ( My words that I speak unto you they are spirit, and they are life John 6:63) not your natural soul, to which it is foolishness. Spirit to spirit, flesh to flesh remember?I didn't receive the things of the Spirit because I couldn't understand them. The Lord uses earthly things (ie.creation, morality, physical phenomenon like birth) to establish the drawing process.
John 3:12
If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
You made the claim first, prove it, scripturally. BTW, what do you have a team behind you, you said "we're waiting"And we're waiting for the scripture that says they weren't and were able to receive the things of the Spirit while they were spiritually dead.
First of all, I NEVER said that the" OT righteous remained spiritually dead" those are your words. God, who is Spirit, connects with and inspires mans spirit, not their souls, that's how even you, before you received Christ and were spiritually deadened in trespasses and sins, got to receive Him. The Holy Spirit inspired and drew your spirit to receive the things of God. He RENEWED a right spirit (that was already) within you, as David prayed. Even David knew that he had a spirit and wanted it RENEWED to be right with God. He didn't pray for God to give him a spirit. By your reckoning, God must have put a flawed spirit in him for him to request a renewed one. I can't show you a scripture about the OT righteous being saved or born again because there are none in the OT to prove that they were. The only proof of spiritual REBIRTH is found in the NT, that I know of. I won't take the trap of offence you laid out for me with your first remark, about me not knowing what it is to be born again. I'll do what scripture says " The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression." Prov. 19:11 and love you anyway, brother.
First of all, I NEVER said that the" OT righteous remained spiritually dead" those are your words. God, who is Spirit, connects with and inspires mans spirit, not their souls,
You misunderstand. We are made in the image of God, correct? God is Spirit. He only communicates with spirit. Adam was created good, but he was not complete. God offered the Tree of Life and the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil to Adam and Eve. They chose to disobey God and chose the fruit of the tree of knowledge.Why did you say that?
Man is naturally born soul and body.
No human spirit until born again.
It is the human spirit that connects our soul with God.
It is with our soul that we believe.
God saves our soul.
For “you were like sheep going astray,” but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls. 1 Peter 2:25Not.... Shepherd and Overseer of your spirits.I have only bumped into A VERY few who think what you do.
And, always wondered why you do.
For the Bible does not teach it.
Most scripture arguments are pretty standard, the same scriptures keep getting quoted over and over again. There is no scripture that clearly states that fallen angels are demons, but there are very few passages that even refer to them, and most do not even occur in the Protestant Bible, which greatly restricts what passages can even be considered.,And I'm sorry you would be so patronizing thinking I can read your mind. Have you seen some of the scriptures people put forward to support their views in this forum?
That's two, to what is the third one you are referring?
The words angel and demon both mean messenger so it is describing their role, not their being. There is no evidence to suggest God created a third species, there is only spirits and souls.
The fallen angels locked away are referring to a specific group that fell during the days of Noah. Other angels, Satan being the origin of such rebellion, fell prior to the creation of man.
Now is the time to see something more than you have been seeing.You misunderstand. We are made in the image of God, correct? God is Spirit.
The image of God is a physical nature in your estimation?For one key point, a demon has no physical nature, it is a purely spiritual entity. For another, a demon was never created in the image of God, there is nothing in a demon to redeem.
Thus, ALL are redeemable.........Pray the calvies/reformed theory folks could SEE this.All human souls are sinners.
Most scripture arguments are pretty standard, the same scriptures keep getting quoted over and over again. There is no scripture that clearly states that fallen angels are demons, but there are very few passages that even refer to them, and most do not even occur in the Protestant Bible, which greatly restricts what passages can even be considered.,
There is also no scripture that clearly states that demons are fallen angels. And those scriptures that reference fallen angels are relying on scripture that the Protestants do not recognize as scripture. Now you claim that the terms "angel" and "demon" are simple designations of role, not distinct types of entities, would you care to back that up with clear, unambiguous scripture?There is no scripture that clearly states fallen angels are not demons.
So, what then? You will make stuff up to suit?
Like I said, the words angel and demon are simply designating role, not type of creature.
The scriptures only speak of two distinct species that are not classed as animals and they are spirits and souls.
Whether you call them fallen angels or demons, they are both evil spirits of the same family in rebellion against God.
As exampled by Abraham, those who believed God were declared righteous but were not yet born again.
John 3:3~~Jesus responded and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”I'm still waiting for that scripture that proves that the OT righteous were born again.
I think you need to read your original statement again. "No human spirit until born again." Not true. That's all I was saying.Now is the time to see something more than you have been seeing.
Yes... God is spirit.
But, the Son of God - Who is God?
He is uniquely also Soul!
Angels are spirit and were created in God's image.
Yet? Man is Soul and was also created in God's Image as souls.
Here are some often times overlooked OT passages that reveal God is also having Soul!
It is man (not angels) who when created, who was modeled after the Son of God!
We are failing to see the high value God places on a soul!
Here are some often times overlooked OT passages that reveal the Son of God (Jesus)
is being spirit and also being a Soul!
'You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the new. Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you.'I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people." Lev 26:10-12And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst and to serve Jehovah, so that his soul became impatient because of the trouble of Israel. Judges 10:16Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, and anyone loving violence his soul certainly hates." Psalm 11:5“Bring no more futile sacrifices; Incense is an abomination to Me. The New Moons, the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies— I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred meeting. Your New Moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates; They are a trouble to Me, I am weary of bearing them.. Isa 1:13-14But my righteous one will live by reason of faith, and, if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him." Heb 10:38
Angels were modeled in the Image of the Holy Spirit! = Spirit + spirit!
Man was modeled in the Image of the Lord God of Israel! =Spirit + soul!
It took me a while for this one to sink in.
It goes deep.
Both are God!
Are you going by the Book of Enoch?There is also no scripture that clearly states that demons are fallen angels. And those scriptures that reference fallen angels are relying on scripture that the Protestants do not recognize as scripture.
My bad....I think you need to read your original statement again. "No human spirit until born again." Not true. That's all I was saying.
There is also no scripture that clearly states that demons are fallen angels.
Now you claim that the terms "angel" and "demon" are simple designations of role, not distinct types of entities, would you care to back that up with clear, unambiguous scripture?
You accuse me of making stuff up to suit, yet you seem to be doing the exact same thing.
Now I also trust scripture when it claims that the heavens and earth proclaim God's glory and that what can be known about God is available from the creation, thus I use the creation to comprehend difficult and/or ambiguous statements
in the Protestant scriptures, as well as other scriptures recognized by Christians (Protestants like to claim a lock on proper scripture, but that is a purely human claim, not supported by scripture, only by circular arguments). But why then do you retreat to a RCC position of elevating tradition to a level equal with scripture to defend your chosen stance, even if you do not directly claim tradition, but merely use its arguments.
You made the claim first, prove it, scripturally. BTW, what do you have a team behind you, you said "we're waiting")