WATCH THE EPIC DECISIVVE UMC CONFERENCE ON HOMOSEXUALITY LIVE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
GOOGLE UNITED METHODIST GENERAL CONFERENCE (20`9)STREAM LIVE to watch the epic debate and votes and change the face of global Methodism!
From this Saturday (Feb. 23, beginning 7 AM ET) to next Tuesday the fate of the 2nd largest Protestant denomination will be decided in St. Louis. The church will debate and vote on the issue of gay marriage and gay ordination and vote on its policies on dissent. The Methodist Book of Discipline prohibits such practices and this Book supposedly governs United Methodist church discipline, but it is widely ignored in progressive American UMC conferences. There will probably be a mass exodus of conservatives or progressives from the denomination, depending on how the vote turns out. Because the UMC has 13 million members, the future of evangelicalism will be greatly affected by the result. But gay marriage and ordination are far less important issues than the bigger underlying issue--the authority of Scripture and the acceptance of orthodox Christian doctrine in general.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
What? They are going to actually debate this?
They already are dar gone, no matter even they vote against gay marriage.

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
JosephsDreams: "They are going to actually debate this?"
Gay issues have been debated at American annual regional conferences and the quadrennial international General Conference since 1972. Only the international General Conference that meets once every 4 years is authorized to change church practice. Till now, the conservatives have prevailed in the votes on denominational practice as spelled out in our Book of Discipline. But the progressives have simply ignored church law by ordaining gay pastors and performing gay marriages, despite legal charges levied against them. What makes Saturday's General Conference different is that it has ben called to decisively deal with these gay issues once and for all. That's why the debates televised in the next few days are so important. Decisive policy votes will follow! Most evangelical churches that address this issue are preaching to the choir and are therefore inconsequential. But this UMC Conference will make a decisive difference and its verdict will affect the values of American Christianity in general.

JosephsDreams: "They already are far gone, no matter even they vote against gay marriage."

Third World United Methodism is a bastion of evangelical orthodoxy and, unlike its American counterpart, has experienced great growth and renewal in the past few decades. It is precisely for that reason that the conservatives are likely to prevail in the debate and the resulting doctrinal vote because the number of voting delegates is deternmined by current church membership and the American UMC (like most U. S. Protestant denominations) has experienced a slow but steady decline in recent years.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Okay. You taught me some good info. I did not know the history on this.

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
So what will happen is this: delegates for and against church restructuring based on gay marriage and ordination will deliver passionate defenses. Some of these speakers will propose amendments to how strict the voting resolutions are. From a natural perspective, the outcome might be affected by how well organized the various sides are and how eloquently their apologists speak. From a spiritual spiritual perspective, God might anoint certain conservative delegates, so that many voting delegates are prompted to vote in a godly way. I oppose gay marriage and gay ordination. So I will be riveted to my computer for the live streaming because of how high the stakes are. I am a recently retired UMC pastor and am most concerned with how the outcome will affect my church and the conservative vs. progressive stance that their future pastors take. I'm particularly concerned because I know that pastors can display great cunning in suppressing their belief on these issues until they are securely established in their new charges and because members of my beloved congregation might feel compelled to leave the church as a result.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I went to a Episcopalian church one Sunday in late My, early June in the Chelsea section of Manhattan about 14 years ago. To the day I die I will never forget the arrogant scowl on that pastor's face as he vehemently defended the gay lifestyle.
Fourteen years later, I still see an adverse spirit.

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
http://www.umc.org/who-we-are/general-conference-2019-live-video-stream-english

This is the best online site for watching the historic debate and vote live, beginning Saturday morning (223).
THE KEY DEBATES ARE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW (MONDAY 2/25) AND WILL CONTINUE WITH BREAKS ALL AFTERNOON UNTIL TH MOST DECISIVIVE VOTES IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROTESTANT CHURCH (AFFACTING 13 MILLION METHODISTS)!

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
THE UMC TRADITONAL PLAN APPROVED: 56-44%. Gay marriage and ordination now rejected!
Police had to be called to quell disturbances created by angry disgruntled demonstrators.
Attend your local United Methodist church at least once to show your support of this victory for evangelical Methodists. The bloodbath of the ugly process of division and a abandonment of a now conservation denomination now begins. Many professive American churches will now leave the denomination. I'm praying that the UMC church that I formerly pastored will survice the schism without too much pain and rancor.