Watch

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Well-known member
Dec 15, 2018
33,046
12,065
113
Do you wear a watch?
If so, is it digital or analogue?
If it's a famous brand, can you say what it is? How long have you had it?
Does it have a metal band or is it a leather strap, or rubber/plastic?
Do you wear it all the time, or just for work or when you go out?

Just curious! Also, what is the time on your watch?
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
No, I don't wear a watch, but I have a Seiko watch. My dad collects watches and gave me one after my art was on the front cover of the Orange County Register. My dad is obsessed with watches, and I believe he is a moderator on a Seiko watch forum website when he isn't flying all over the United States working.
 
I just got a new watch after my old watch battery kept playing up. I had to get a new battery every few months and I was tired of always having to go to the watch place, plus I think I got fatter, so my watch strap was a bit tight.

Anyway my new one is Lorus, which is a division of Seiko
It's analogue, and I wear it when I go out. It has a metal band.
The time on it now says - 5 to 1 o'clock

⌚
 
I think I'm going to sell the one I have cause i don't use it at all. I know if my dad passes, that it will be one of the only things I have from him that he cherished, but at the same time, I'm reminded that he possibly loved watches more than he loved me, so it makes it easier to get rid of. The thing is, it has some scratches on the (bezel?), so it might not be worth close to what it was purchased for, which was around $600 i think. It's probably worth a maximum of $150 now, but who knows.
 
Do you wear a watch?
If so, is it digital or analogue?
If it's a famous brand, can you say what it is? How long have you had it?
Does it have a metal band or is it a leather strap, or rubber/plastic?
Do you wear it all the time, or just for work or when you go out?

Just curious! Also, what is the time on your watch?
I've misplaced a basic Casio .
If you don't use it, ya lose it!
That's how watches have been since I started carrying and depending on the phone for time. I like the watch on my wrist better . I put it away and forgot where when I used my phone too long.
It had both hands and a digital display. The hands were easy to glance at and see. It also had an alarm for time boundaries.
 
Do you wear a watch?
If so, is it digital or analogue?
If it's a famous brand, can you say what it is? How long have you had it?
Does it have a metal band or is it a leather strap, or rubber/plastic?
Do you wear it all the time, or just for work or when you go out?

Just curious! Also, what is the time on your watch?
Seiko, one of the cheaper ones, leather strap, 11.22 am. I also have a Lorus, cheap, rubber strap that I wore when I was working in the garden and such. I wear either when I go out, the Seiko if it's dinner with my wife. I prefer the watch to using my mobile phone.
 
It used to be when you retired from a job the boss had to give you a gold watch.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gb9
Lots of peeps are wearing apple watches or digital watches these days but...I'm not really a fan.
When I bought my new watch I went to a jewellery store. Its the only piece of jewellery I wear..the jewel is the quartz crystal that keeps the time.
I need the hour, minute and second hand, some watches don't have the second hand.

Anyway there were a lot of watches to choose from but it was nice to go shopping for one in jewellery store (it was on sale) and to have a watch that told the right time!

I got fed up with my old Fossil.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
I've misplaced a basic Casio .
If you don't use it, ya lose it!
That's how watches have been since I started carrying and depending on the phone for time. I like the watch on my wrist better . I put it away and forgot where when I used my phone too long.
It had both hands and a digital display. The hands were easy to glance at and see. It also had an alarm for time boundaries.
Casio also make calculators, had to buy one for school, and it had to have all the scientific formula buttons, like sin, cos and tan, that now I never use lol
 
You often see watches being advertised in the high fashion mags, as luxury items
It will be Rolex, and Tissot

My mum never wore a watch and it was annoying because she relied on me to watch her and for the time. The times she did, it was an old wind-up watch but because she didn't wear it regularly it didn't keep the time accurately.

Yes a lot of people rely on their phones now but its easier for me to have the time on my wrist, I'm not attached to my phone all the time. Also, lets face it, most smartphones and iphones these days are just ugly rectangle things. That you then need to buy another cover for to distinguish it from everyone else's.

Nurses wear watches attached to their uniform, I suppose so it doesn't snag or get in the way when attending to patients.
 
I've misplaced a basic Casio .
If you don't use it, ya lose it!
That's how watches have been since I started carrying and depending on the phone for time. I like the watch on my wrist better . I put it away and forgot where when I used my phone too long.
It had both hands and a digital display. The hands were easy to glance at and see. It also had an alarm for time boundaries.
I used to daily drive a Casio calculator-watch hybrid myself.
Soaked it, beat it up, covered it in chemicals, it kept going like a champ.
One day I just mysteriously lost it. Haven't worn a watch since.
 
Haven't worn a watch in years. I could blame the clock on my mobile/cell phone for that, but I've always had skinny male wrists, which don't wear a watch well.

Loved my old faithful Casio as a kid. The original Apple Watch. Simpler times.
 
I used to daily drive a Casio calculator-watch hybrid myself.
Soaked it, beat it up, covered it in chemicals, it kept going like a champ.
One day I just mysteriously lost it. Haven't worn a watch since.
I know what you mean.
I used to go through Timex ' every year and they'd quit working for no appointment reason. Once I got my green Casio I could get it wet, work with it on and it lasted for years before I lost it. I finally found an identical replacement and was going to make a watch cover to keep it from getting scratched up. Then it grew legs and walked away! 🐢
Oh well, it didn't cost much, but they don't make that model any more.
I believe we found a good brand.
⌚😎👍🏼
.
🐢...if I could just find where he walked off too. 🤔
 
  • Heart
Reactions: Ceph
Do you wear a watch?
If so, is it digital or analogue?
If it's a famous brand, can you say what it is? How long have you had it?
Does it have a metal band or is it a leather strap, or rubber/plastic?
Do you wear it all the time, or just for work or when you go out?

Just curious! Also, what is the time on your watch?

No. I worked on high voltage electronics. I never wore jewelry of any type. I had my grandfather's pocket watch for years. My oldest grandson was looking through my tie clip and other medals and pins drawer and asked me about it. I gave it to him.
 
When I worked in circulation in the public library, before RFID (look it up) we used to discharge or return books by barcode and magnetic strips we had to demagnetise, and were told if we wore watches it would interfere with their magnetic field and ruin our watches.

So I didn't wear a watch when I worked there. They also had a big clock in the workplace.
I always wore a watch going when I was going out otherwise, before the days of cellphones.

Nowadays children cannot tell the time on an analogue clock, and it's no longer taught in schools.
I always had a big clock in the school library, but we also had bells that rung at the end of the lesson, until I worked in a school that didn't do that, which was annoying as I had to keep time strictly and have 5 minutes tidy up time before the end of lessons.

Anyway, there are good reasons to wear a wristwatch and a few where you can't. Children didn't always wear watches its not required as part of their uniform, but I think it helps when they do.