WATER - a medicine itself..!!! - Drink Water on Empty Stomach as you wake up

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I do drink water first thing in the morning... and throughout the day... and at night, too. But JosephDreams, why is the temperature important? And why do you recommend Athena water? What are the benefits?

Also, I get confused about vitamins. I heard that most vitamins lose a lot of their potency before they're sold off the store shelves. And what about multivitamins? Are we better off buying vitamins (A, B12, C, D, etc.) separately, or are multivitamins just as good?

I mostly eat foods that are high in particular vitamins, such as sweet potatoes, kale, carrots, spinach, apples, almonds, etc. Do y'all think it's safe to get vitamins from food alone? Or should we also take supplements?

Lots of questions here, I know. :eek: I appreciate any input from everyone here.
Well we all know lukewarm and you’ll spit it out. Just kidding.
I will be back later with some answers.

Feb 28, 2016
I drink Perrier mineral water because its fizzy.
==========================================

we've read and experienced that the 'fizzy' is not really good for the stomach =
so we've made Perrier an occasional treat...:):)

we're not guiltless, but usually drink our water at room temp...plus we don't drink
sodas, and such...

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2016
when we drink something really cold, our bodies have to immediately start to
try and normalize the temperature, as it's kind of like a 'foreign' invasion to
the warmness of our body fluids...it is very stressful to our bodies...

Last edited:

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Your body works to heat up water to 98.6 degrees. It takes your body about 1 calorie to heat up 1 ounce of cold water. A little more if it's really cold water. That's about half as much as you burn walking up one flight of stairs. So, not a huge hitter.

Feb 28, 2016
good Post Pro,

but so many are guzzlers, we both were professional ones;
believe me, our bodies just can't keep up, when we 'over-do'...

not long ago, hub and I were in the HFS, and decided to 'try-out' one of the new
'hyper-drinks' - well, first and last" - my heart literally hurt for a couple of days,
and he drank probably 60% of it, we only bought one - and he has a very high
tolerance for caffeine,
(he's currently cutting-down his consumption), Brothers and Sisters, please don't
drink them, I believe that they can truly burst one's heart'...especially if heart trouble
runs in the family...if you don't drink 'organic' coffee, looK-up, and research what's
added to it...

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
good Post Pro,

but so many are guzzlers, we both were professional ones;
believe me, our bodies just can't keep up, when we 'over-do'...

not long ago, hub and I were in the HFS, and decided to 'try-out' one of the new
'hyper-drinks' - well, first and last" - my heart literally hurt for a couple of days,
and he drank probably 60% of it, we only bought one - and he has a very high
tolerance for caffeine,
(he's currently cutting-down his consumption), Brothers and Sisters, please don't
drink them, I believe that they can truly burst one's heart'...especially if heart trouble
runs in the family...if you don't drink 'organic' coffee, looK-up, and research what's
added to it...
Agreed! Those energy drinks are awful for your health. Red Bull has 37 grams of sugar. That's about as much sugar as you should have in a whole day. Maybe more. (To compare: a bowl of Lucky Charms breakfast cereal has 13 grams of sugar.)

Sep 6, 2017
Good tip is pay attention to the color of your urine as well,

clear and you are hydrated.
yellow or dark and you are dehydrated.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Starting a headache for some reason, and thought i'd look into old health threads for help.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
I like drinking water,and drink much of it every day,for I feel it is that important,and it is the best moisturizer,and helps prevent cramps,and the body functions better,and the skin looks better,and quenches the thirst the best.

Even if I detested drinking water I would still drink it for there is no alternative,other than drinks with water,unlike food where I can abstain from certain foods I do not like,and still get a balanced nutrition.

Water to the body is like oil to a car,if you get too low with water in your body your body will seize up,which happened to a bodybuilder Paul Dillett that overdid taking something to gobble the excess water from his body to appear more lean on stage,and froze up in which they carried him off stage.

But like exercise,water cannot cure any problem,for there are some problems that it does not matter how much exercise,or water you drink,you cannot beat that problem,for it is too major of a problem to overcome,but of course the body is going to give out in certain areas no matter what we do in life.

An example is Jack LaLanne,and who exercised more than this man,and said if it is man made do not eat it,and did thousands of push ups,and sit ups at a time,and lifted weights.

Age 42 set a world record for push ups doing 1033 in 23 minutes.

Age 43 swam the Golden Gate channel while towing a cabin cruiser … which weighed 2,500 pounds. The one-mile swim turned into a six-and-a-half-mile journey thanks to ocean currents.

Age 60 he repeated his 1955 Alcatraz stunt, but in addition to the handcuffs he was also shackled … and towing a 1,000-pound boat.

Age 62 to celebrate the US Bicentennial, he swam one mile—again shackled and handcuffed—while towing 13 boats (symbolizing the 13 original colonies) with 76 people on board.

Age 70 to celebrate his birthday he swam 1.5 miles along the California coast from the Queen's Way Bridge to Long Beach Harbor. And he did it while wearing handcuffs and shackles on his arms and legs and towing 70 row boats holding 70 people.

That is funny we celebrate our birthday with cake and ice cream,and he celebrates it doing this,and you cannot even get your kids to do chores.Jack passes on the cake,literally.

Jack Lalanne died at 96 years old,but his brother Norman Lalanne who was a waterfront businessman died at 97 years old who was not a fitness guru like Jack Lalanne,because exercise cannot overcome some things,and it was his genetics that held the most factor in his long life,although he felt a whole lot better than his brother.

Good genes with no exercise will carry a person farther,than bad genes with exercise,for exercise can only do so much,and cannot offset some things that the body might encounter,or part of their family history.

That is if they do not dog themselves out with alcohol,or drugs,or anything that takes so much of a toll on their body,which meth can speed the body up and take a great toll on the body where in 3 years of use they look like the wicked witch of the west,but sometimes people dog themselves out and because of their good genes still live a long time.I do not like alcohol,or drugs,but like Jack Lalanne I have good genes,and my dad has been drinking and smoking ever since he was a teenager,and he is 80 years old,and still does not have to go to the doctor,and seems in fairly good shape,and he thinks he has 15 more years to live,and I said don't push it old man,only kidding.But my dad has always been funny and cool,so I was never abused,thank God.

Water is good,and helps the body out a great deal,but it is not going to cure every problem,and some things it cannot offset it,and if it is in their family history.

But water is good,and if neglected can lead to problems.Health benefits of drinking water include the maintenance of pH balance, body temperature, metabolism, breathing, prevention of constipation, heartburn, migraines, gastritis, ulcers, kidney stones, cardiovascular disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, backaches and osteoporosis.

Which I have to bring this up because it is so silly,that when vitamins make a claim the FDA says we have not evaluated that,as if to say they do not know if it is true,which why don't they evaluate it,and do they think people are lying that did research on it,but they have studied vitamins,and minerals,for years and know what their purpose is,and why do they think those things are in food,to assist the body to function better.

The love of money is the root of all evil.
I agree about the genes...my mom is 90...her brother is 93...her younger sister is 83.....but they lived on a farm I really think home grown food has a lot to do with their good genes....lol
I will add...they never drink....or eat junk food too much, no bad habits..thank God because my mom instilled it in me and I am grateful for that.