Water Baptism-What is in a Name?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Again, the NT rebirth was not available to those in the OT.

No need to remind me, I know Ezekiel was not quoted by Peter. I referenced that scripture and the others as they pertain to the indwelling.

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" (1 Cor. 6:19)
again, new Birth was given to the Apostles before the day of pentacost.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Psalm 25:5
Guide me and teach me your truths. You are my God, my Savior. You are the one I have been waiting for.

Psalm 27:9
Don’t turn away from me. Don’t be angry with your servant. You are the only one who can help me. My God, don’t leave me all alone. You are my Savior.

Isaiah 43:11
I myself am the Lord, and there is no other Savior.

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=Savior&version=ERV

Luke 2:11
Today your Savior was born in David’s town. He is the Messiah, the Lord.

Ephesians 5:23
A husband is the head of his wife, just as Christ is the head of the church. Christ is the Savior of the church, which is his body.

Philippians 3:20
But the government that rules us is in heaven. We are waiting for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from there.

Titus 2:13
We should live like that while we are waiting for the coming of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ. He is our great hope, and he will come with glory.

2 Peter 1:1
Greetings from Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ. To all of you who share in the same valuable faith that we have. This faith was given to us because our God and Savior Jesus Christ always does what is good and right.

2 Peter 2:20
People can be made free from the evil in the world. They can be made free by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. But if they go back into those evil things and are controlled by them, then it is worse for them than it was before.

2 Peter 3:18
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Glory be to him, now and forever! Amen.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
again, new Birth was given to the Apostles before the day of pentacost.
It was Jesus who said that repentance, and remission of sin would be preached in His name among all nations beginning in Jerusalem. (Luke 24:47) Peter presented the gospel message that pertained to this; the NT rebirth. (Acts 2:1-42)

Comment from my post 486: "I am unsure about John 20:22. In that account Jesus breathed on the apostles and said receive the Holy Ghost. I've wondered if Jesus was actually transferring the Holy Ghost at that point or referencing something yet to come. The Acts 2:1-4 account gives credence to something yet to come. There was a wind that preceded the group being filled with the Holy Ghost. Further, Peter stated that what happened was the giving of the Holy Ghost by Jesus: "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he (Jesus) hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." Acts 2:33

A couple of other things to consider:
1. Jesus said the Holy Spirit could not come until He departed. And as mentioned it was after Jesus departed that He shed forth the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:33)
2. One would expect that a person who has the Holy Ghost wouldn't need a separate experience to activate power. I say that with all sincerity."

I think we've covered all our points. There is no need in repeating them over and over. I appreciate the discussion. And pray God gives us the increase only He can. May God Bless.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
It was Jesus who said that repentance, and remission of sin would be preached in His name among all nations beginning in Jerusalem. (Luke 24:47) Peter presented the gospel message that pertained to this; the NT rebirth. (Acts 2:1-42)

Comment from my post 486: "I am unsure about John 20:22. In that account Jesus breathed on the apostles and said receive the Holy Ghost. I've wondered if Jesus was actually transferring the Holy Ghost at that point or referencing something yet to come. The Acts 2:1-4 account gives credence to something yet to come. There was a wind that preceded the group being filled with the Holy Ghost. Further, Peter stated that what happened was the giving of the Holy Ghost by Jesus: "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he (Jesus) hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." Acts 2:33

1. Jesus said the Holy Spirit could not come until He departed. And as mentioned it was after Jesus departed that He shed forth the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:33)
2. One would expect that a person who has the Holy Ghost wouldn't need a separate experience to activate power. I say that with all sincerity."

I think we've covered all our points. There is no need in repeating them over and over. I appreciate the discussion. And pray God gives us the increase only He can. May God Bless.
In John 20:22, they were being indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

CS1

May 23, 2012

Ok,

do you think the Holy Spirit was not there at the time Jesus said that? The "Holy Spirit Not Coming " until Jesus Left did not mean the Spirit of God who is was not present. This means that until Jesus left, no man could experience what Jesus experienced for 3 1/2 years prior to the Resurrection.

Was the rushing Mighty wind and tongues for God Benifet or man? Was it God who needed to know the Holy Spirit was Present and being poured out or man?

Think about what you are saying. And see contextually what Jesus is saying to men.