we cannot fight sin on our own, we need God's help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

theanointedsinner

we cannot fight sin on our own, we need God's help

we do believe that God is powerful, right?

what if, God takes away your desire to sin (all you have to do is ask)
then, that desire will cease to occur (gone)

think about the implication of this "what if"
the implication is victory

or,
so we think ...

what about the reflex of sin?

it can be as quick as a hand wincing away from touching a hot stove with the sense of heightened urgency

sin can react quicker than a blink of an eye

O what a wretched man that I am, who shall deliver me from this body of death (Romans 7:24)

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
So... what's the prayer request?

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless your child, theanointedsinner and this prayer. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

T

theanointedsinner

I also have a prayer request, my friend Angela lost her important papers on the topic of grace, can we pray for Angela to find those important papers? thank you for your prayers

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Jesus, thank you for revealing the knowledge to us that a miracle is required for the heart to stop treasuring sin, and that the heart can only be changed by God himself, that it is God who draws, that if we have any godly desires at all, even godly desires come from God, and the amount of blessing that God give, is something that is beyond what we can count. Let us give thanks, and keep giving thanks till gratitude is all that we can think of, and gratitude for the wonderous grace that God can possible give, is a gratitude that can help reinforce positive thinking which can bless us more and more. I bet that one day in heaven, heaven get's better and better while the feeling of appreciation automatically perpetuation on and on.

May we be thankful and continue to be inspired by God to be thankful

in Christ we give thanks, amen

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Hello, friend. Thanks for sharing your encouraging thoughts regarding sin. I strongly believe that there is no sin that cannot be washed away by the precious blood of our Savior. He is more than able to provide us the strength to overcome every struggle.

Also, please know that I’m praying for Angela, that God will help her find the papers. Grace and peace to you and yours!

Sep 19, 2017
Sin is an old nemesis of mine. Your points are very insightful! I find that the desire to sin leaves at that point where we purpose to obey him, sometimes with long habits in may take a few trys but God is faithful.