Well you guys have us to protect you...and don't need to spend on defense.
I know, right.
As Bad a financial shape as Europe is in right now, can you imagine how bad it would be if we didn't spend OUR taxes protecting them for the past 70 years!
Well you guys have us to protect you...and don't need to spend on defense.
I know, right.
As Bad a financial shape as Europe is in right now, can you imagine how bad it would be if we didn't spend OUR taxes protecting them for the past 70 years!
WHY I SO TOTALLY LOVE BEING CALLED A ‘CLIMATE DENIER’
A New Mexico physicist has launched a petition - signed by 22,000 Klimate-Kool-Aid-drinkers, and counting – demanding that from henceforward climate sceptics be referred to in the media by their proper name.
That proper name, apparently, is “climate deniers”.
Among the signatories – and really this tells you all you need to know about the credibility of the petition – is the self-styled “Science Guy” Bill Nye.
Though the petition has caused a certain degree of discombobulation in climate sceptical circles, what I say is “bring it on.”
It’s not like it doesn’t happen already: all too often at the BBC, for example, the term “deniers” is already used interchangeably with “sceptics”, for all the world as if it were a respectable, reasonable and accurate epithet.And what I like about it – indeed why I prefer it to the more neutral “sceptic” – is that it tells us so many helpfully negative things about the person who uses it.
It tells us how low they are prepared to stoop in their petulant desperation to slur the opposition, by tacitly equating sensible and valid doubts about the robustness of current climate science groupthink with the far less intellectually tenable position of denying the existence of the Holocaust.
It also tells us how little they value the scientific method and how poorly they grasp the history of science and the philosophy of science. Had they bothered acquainting themselves, for example, with Thomas Kuhn’s The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, they would understand that scientific knowledge advances in fits and starts. One generation’s “consensus” is the next generation’s phlogiston.
We no longer believe, for example, that malaria (literally “bad air”) is transmitted by the miasma from swamps or that stomach ulcers are caused by stress.
But for a period, these beliefs were as much a part of mainstream scientific thinking as “anthropogenic global warming” theory is today.
Presumably, had the internet existed back then, there would have been petitions calling for the purblind fools who opposed those theories “bad air deniers” or “ulcer stress deniers”.
Those petitions wouldn’t have made those hateful “deniers” any less correct in their novel hypotheses, though, would they?Above all, though, it tells us how sorely ill-equipped intellectually these upholders of the alarmist “consensus” are to deal with their opponents’ arguments.
If “man-made global warming” theory really were such a slam-dunk case there would be absolutely no need to try to silence the opposition with disparaging epithets.
Their position would be demonstrably so foolish that no sensible person would be taken in for a second by their anti-scientific nonsense.But it hasn’t quite worked out that way, has it?
For one thing, more and more evidence seems to be emerging that the ‘science’ behind global warming theory is about as trustworthy as Enron’s annual reports.
And for another, that pesky global weather appears to be proving stubbornly resistant to the warmist narrative.
Look, I get it. I know you've been frantically scouring google after hopefully typing in 'no global warming for 18 years', only to find thousands upon THOUSANDS of links to web pages of all kinds that prove that assertion. It was good try, champ. And you shouldn't beat yourself up over it. It wasn't you who failed, it was the data. There hasn't been any global warming over the last 18 years, and no amount of keyboard mastery here in this board is ever going to change that.
I've enjoyed this time, mostly because I just think it's fun. Heck, if you read my 'About Me', it actually says,
and arguing on the internet with people I've never meant over silly stuff like Global Warming
So, I'll go now, but I do have one serious question for you, and I'd prefer you'd just answer it for yourself:
When you google 18 years with no global warming, you'll find thousands and thousands of results which virtually all agree that there's been no warming for 18 years. But what you'll likely do is you'll look for the relatively few sites who have a way to explain that away and supposedly debunk it. And my guess is that you'll decide to believe what you want to, regardless of the massive amounts of evidence to the contrary. So, here's my question:
When you do this, do you really think that this is the best way to learn? Do you think that this will somehow help you in life?
I know, right.
As Bad a financial shape as Europe is in right now, can you imagine how bad it would be if we didn't spend OUR taxes protecting them for the past 70 years!
Human...you have already been blown out of the water by a previous member ...who showed the data does not show any evidence of real global warming...look at the facts and stop believing these folks who are making this stuff up.
Maybe to you I have. But I'm smarter than you are. Argument ad populum means nothing.
It's important that the more and more people get the truth about the climate change hoax that is affecting us all. The evidence is clear now that a relatively few people have foisted thuis hoax on us. But why? I would submit the reason is their desire to push socialism, wealth transfer, and power consolidation. Here is the article proving that these people will gladly lie to try and achieve their goal:
The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever - Telegraph
Maybe to you I have. But I'm smarter than you are. Argument ad populum means nothing.
Well you guys have us to protect you...and don't need to spend on defense.
Well I don't think they really compare in military might and those of us who have served in that arena ...kinda know that they really are a protectorate of the USA...in military terms...Well no. He's from the UK. The British Armed Forces is one of the five recognized nuclear armed military forces and have a sophisticated modern military and a stellar secret intelligence service.
I'd argue that if they left NATO, they'd be able to adequately defend their sovereign state status especially if they engaged in mutual aid peace treaties (either with NATO or simply the nations in closet proximity to themselves).
Like the EU, NATO needs Britain a lot more than Britain needs the EU or NATO.
No, their biggest problem is internal and they created it themselves.
I know, right.
As Bad a financial shape as Europe is in right now, can you imagine how bad it would be if we didn't spend OUR taxes protecting them for the past 70 years!
Well I don't think they really compare in military might and those of us who have served in that arena ...kinda know that they really are a protectorate of the USA...in military terms...
"so many devils, enmity to the cross."