We know about throwing out law, does the law have anything good about it??

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
this is not referring to Hebrew, Hizikyah.
it's referring to purified lips. worshiping the Father in spirit and in truth.
The Lord is not enraged with languages...He intentionally poured out the Good News in all languages.
i don't understand this thinking.

Matthew 16
15He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" 16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 28
And Yeshua spoke with them and he said to them, “All authority has been given to me in Heaven and in the earth; in the manner in which my Father has sent me, I am sending you.”

now look here:

Matthew 11:27
"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

i don't know what you're going to do about that.

Abba! Father...that is Who He is:)

I never stated this meant Hebrew, I believe it means a language free of pagan words and influence.

Example: the word cereal come from the roman goddess ceres.

Exodus 23:13, "In all things I have said to you, be careful to do them, and make no mention of the name of hinder gods neither let it be heard from your mouth."

Also it is about calling on His NAME and serve Him.

Zephanyah 3:9, "Yes, at that time I will return to the peoples a pure language, so that all of them may call on the Name of Yahweh, and serve Him with one accord"
 
SO He spoke greek?

i have a more pressing question for you - just posted.

could you point me to the devil's victory in corrupting God's Plan by having the New Covenant message go out written in Greek, and translated into every language?
 
I never stated this meant Hebrew, I believe it means a language free of pagan words and influence.

Example: the word cereal come from the roman goddess ceres.

oh....wow.
so what do you ask the clerk for when you can't find your Shreddies??
do you avoid the supermarket because it says CEREAL AISLE?

this is not God working, Hizikyah.
this is bondage and terror.
 
I never stated this meant Hebrew, I believe it means a language free of pagan words and influence.

Example: the word cereal come from the roman goddess ceres.

Exodus 23:13, "In all things I have said to you, be careful to do them, and make no mention of the name of hinder gods neither let it be heard from your mouth."

Also it is about calling on His NAME and serve Him.

Zephanyah 3:9, "Yes, at that time I will return to the peoples a pure language, so that all of them may call on the Name of Yahweh, and serve Him with one accord"

I hope you abstain from having breakfast. Who knows what would happen if you didn't!
 
so are you worshipping BAAL?

for this to work, you have to show a vast conspiracy by Baal worshippers (or someone) to arrange for the NT in greek.
do you have the proof?

where is it? i'm serious....i am interested to see where you got this idea.
if it's true, i'd like to know it.

AM I worshiping Ball, NO, 100% no, I worship Yahweh and Yahweh only.

pagan influences in language/speech and actions are 2 diffenet thing IMO, its not like saying Baal/Lord is performing pagan rituals.

The evidence is undeniable:

BAAL (DEITY) [Heb ba˓al (בַּעַל )]. Canaanite storm and fertility god. The name, which means “lord, ” is an epithet of the god Hadad (lit. “thunderer” ). Well-known from the OT, he is now extremely well-attested in the Ugaritic texts, in addition to being mentioned in other ancient texts.
Freedman, David Noel: The Anchor Bible Dictionary. New York : Doubleday, 1996, c1992, S. 1:546

BA´AL (bāʹal; Heb. ba˓al, “lord, possessor”).
1. A common name for god among the Phoenicians; also the name of their chief male god. See Gods, False.
Unger, Merrill Frederick ; Harrison, R. K. ; Vos, Howard Frederic ; Barber, Cyril J. ; Unger, Merrill Frederick: The New Unger's Bible Dictionary. Rev. and updated ed. Chicago : Moody Press, 1988


Baal (Heb. ba˓al) DEITY
The Canaanite storm- and fertility-god. As an epithet for various West Semitic deities, especially Hadad, the name means “lord,” designating a legal state of ownership or social superiority. With the obvious exception of Yahweh, Baal is the most significant deity in the OT.
Freedman, David Noel ; Myers, Allen C. ; Beck, Astrid B.: Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible. Grand Rapids, Mich. : W.B. Eerdmans, 2000


BAAL [BAY uhl] (lord, master) — the name of one or more false gods, a place, and two people in the Old Testament:
1. A fertility and nature god of the Canaanites and Phoenicians. Also see Gods, Pagan.
Youngblood, Ronald F. ; Bruce, F. F. ; Harrison, R. K. ; Thomas Nelson Publishers: Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Dictionary. Nashville : T. Nelson, 1995

When you consider this, and add Yahweh's testimony:

Yeremyah 23:26-27, "How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Yes, they are prophets of the deceit of their own minds; Who devise; plan and scheme, to cause My people to eforget My Name through their dreams, which they tell every man to his neighbor, just as their fathers have forgotten My Name for Baal; (Lord.)"

and logicaly realize that YHWH has been replaced over 6,823 times with LORD by way of Pharisaical takanot, the only way to not see it IMO is denial. These tihngs bothered me when I first discovered them in a history book, "The Last 2 Millions Years" by Readers Digest. I continued to study and realized Yahweh was the Creators Name not Lord.

If you disagree with this then please tell me what your think Yeremyah 23:26-27 mean?
 
So.....

Offer an animal sacrifice for your sin is now transferred to don't offer a sacrifice because Christ did?

I don't get it?

PS Hebrews IS clear in its scope. The covenant has been changed, and with it the law.

not to mention the Divinely ordained Message going to all the world to every kindred, tongue, and nation.
amazing.
Fourth Wave.
surf's up.
 
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hizikyah
I never stated this meant Hebrew, I believe it means a language free of pagan words and influence.

Example: the word cereal come from the roman goddess ceres.

Exodus 23:13, "In all things I have said to you, be careful to do them, and make no mention of the name of hinder gods neither let it be heard from your mouth."

Also it is about calling on His NAME and serve Him.

Zephanyah 3:9, "Yes, at that time I will return to the peoples a pure language, so that all of them may call on the Name of Yahweh, and serve Him with one accord"






I hope you abstain from having breakfast. Who knows what would happen if you didn't!

Yahweh says

Exodus 23:13, "In all things I have said to you, be careful to do them, and make no mention of the name of hinder gods neither let it be heard from your mouth."

and you crack jokes about this, what is wrong with you, and not 1 bit of remorse for mocking?

1 Timothy 4:1-2, "Now the Spirit speaks very plainly, that in the latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of pdemons Speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their conscience seared as with a hot iron."
 
Hi, I sense a great amount of spiritual pride. And that's not the Holy Spirit that's telling me that, it's the physical evidence before my very eyes. Fix your eyes on Jesus and revel in his grace. Take up his cross, not a whole bunch of nonsense. You'll be all the better for it.
 
I hope you abstain from having breakfast. Who knows what would happen if you didn't!

did you just say breakfast?:eek:
Tin, art thou a pagan?


break·fast (brkfst)
n.
The first meal of the day, usually eaten in the morning.
v. break·fast·ed, break·fast·ing, break·fasts
v.intr.
To eat breakfast: We breakfasted on the terrace.
v.tr.
To provide breakfast for.
[Middle English brekfast : breken, to break; see break + faste, a fast (from Old Norse fasta, to fast; see past- in Indo-European roots).]
 
same to you, so you call sanctification lead by the word of Yahweh bondage and terror? HE SAYS NOT TO SAY THEIR NAMES. Just another Command to ignore and mock huh... I am glad to remove pagan words from my vocabulary.

oh....wow.
so what do you ask the clerk for when you can't find your Shreddies??
do you avoid the supermarket because it says CEREAL AISLE?

this is not God working, Hizikyah.
this is bondage and terror.

Yahweh says

Exodus 23:13, "In all things I have said to you, be careful to do them, and make no mention of the name of hinder gods neither let it be heard from your mouth."

and you crack jokes about this, what is wrong with you, and not 1 bit of remorse for mocking?

1 Timothy 4:1-2, "Now the Spirit speaks very plainly, that in the latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons Speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their conscience seared as with a hot iron."
 
did you just say breakfast?:eek:
Tin, art thou a pagan?


break·fast (brkfst)
n.
The first meal of the day, usually eaten in the morning.
v. break·fast·ed, break·fast·ing, break·fasts
v.intr.
To eat breakfast: We breakfasted on the terrace.
v.tr.
To provide breakfast for.
[Middle English brekfast : breken, to break; see break + faste, a fast (from Old Norse fasta, to fast; see past- in Indo-European roots).]

Watch for the lightning bolt in the sky. I'm in the zone!
 
I have a question for both of you, would you feel it ok to end your prayers with the name of an Egyptian sun god?

why or why not?
 
did you just say breakfast?:eek:
Tin, art thou a pagan?


break·fast (brkfst)
n.
The first meal of the day, usually eaten in the morning.
v. break·fast·ed, break·fast·ing, break·fasts
v.intr.
To eat breakfast: We breakfasted on the terrace.
v.tr.
To provide breakfast for.
[Middle English brekfast : breken, to break; see break + faste, a fast (from Old Norse fasta, to fast; see past- in Indo-European roots).]

you boleded Indo-European, I never said anything about the word breakfast, that words seem to mean breaking fast.

Cereal is of pagan origin, cereal, among many other words in our vocabulary. You 2 are cracking jokes about something Yahweh seems to think important.

Zephanyah 3:9, "Yes, at that time I
will return to the peoples a pure language, so that all of them may call on the Name of Yahweh, and serve Him with one accord"

Exodus 23:13, "In all things I have said to you, be careful to do them, and make no mention of the name of hinder gods neither let it be heard from your mouth."
 
I have a question for both of you, would you feel it ok to end your prayers with the name of an Egyptian sun god?

why or why not?

No, it would be wrong, because our focus and devotion (worship) would be directed at something other than the one True Triune God. But since that comparison doesn't work well, Zone and I have nothing to worry about.
 
No, it would be wrong, because our focus and devotion (worship) would be directed at something other than the one True Triune God. But since that comparison doesn't work well, Zone and I have nothing to worry about.

thank you for answering.

If you are coming out of Babylon, dead to sin alive to righteousness living for Yahweh and Yahshua why would you want to ever say pagan words? I know our language is so polluted its nearly impossible not to, but me personally, if I know a word is pagan I pray and give effort to remove it from my vocabulary. ps, many end their prayers with the name of an egyptian sun god.
 
same to you, so you call sanctification lead by the word of Yahweh bondage and terror? HE SAYS NOT TO SAY THEIR NAMES. Just another Command to ignore and mock huh... I am glad to remove pagan words from my vocabulary.

Hizikyah:)

what do you do about the Apostle Paul?
do you believe he was Christ's chosen vessel?

Acts 17
1Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. 2And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3explaining and proving that it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead, and saying, “This Jesus, whom I proclaim to you, is the Christ.” 4And some of them were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a great many of the devout Greeks and not a few of the leading women. 5But the Jews were jealous, and taking some wicked men of the rabble, they formed a mob, set the city in an uproar, and attacked the house of Jason, seeking to bring them out to the crowd. 6And when they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some of the brothers before the city authorities, shouting, “These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also, 7and Jason has received them, and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.” 8And the people and the city authorities were disturbed when they heard these things. 9And when they had taken money as security from Jason and the rest, they let them go.

...


Acts 17
Paul Addresses the Areopagus
22So Paul, standing in the midst of the Areopagus, said: “Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious. 23For as I passed along and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, ‘To the unknown god.’ What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you. 24The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man,b 25nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything. 26And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, 27that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us, 28for

“‘In him we live and move and have our being’;

as even some of your own poets have said,

“‘For we are indeed his offspring.’

29Being then God’s offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man. 30The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, 31because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

32Now when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked. But others said, “We will hear you again about this.” 33So Paul went out from their midst. 34But some men joined him and believed, among whom also were Dionysius the Areopagite and a woman named Damaris and others with them.

...

what are you going to do with all this?:)
was Paul blaspheming?
i am very interested.


The Theos who made the world and everything in it, being Kurios of heaven and earth


θεος noun - nominative singular masculine
theos theh'-os: a deity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very -- exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward).

κυριος noun - nominative singular masculine
kurios koo'-ree-os: supreme in authority, i.e. (as noun) controller; by implication, Master (as a respectful title) -- God, Lord, master, Sir.
 
I have a question for both of you, would you feel it ok to end your prayers with the name of an Egyptian sun god?

why or why not?

do you know where you're headed?
i've seen people go down this road, Hizikyah.

so who corrupted the Hebrew scriptures, Hizikyah?
and added Amen 108 times?


amen: verily, truly
Original Word: אָמֵן
Part of Speech: adverb
Transliteration: amen
Phonetic Spelling: (aw-mane')
Short Definition: Amen

aman: to confirm, support
Original Word: אָמַן
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: aman
Phonetic Spelling: (aw-man')
Short Definition: believe
 
you boleded Indo-European, I never said anything about the word breakfast, that words seem to mean breaking fast.

Cereal is of pagan origin, cereal, among many other words in our vocabulary. You 2 are cracking jokes about something Yahweh seems to think important.

Zephanyah 3:9, "Yes, at that time I
will return to the peoples a pure language, so that all of them may call on the Name of Yahweh, and serve Him with one accord"

Exodus 23:13, "In all things I have said to you, be careful to do them, and make no mention of the name of hinder gods neither let it be heard from your mouth."


you just said cereal twice in one post.
what now?

actually, how dare you confine the Lord of Glory this way?

show me anywhere it is a sin to say cereal.

and what are you doing adding vowels to the Tetragrammaton?
who gave you permission to do that?
 
Hi, I recognise there are pagan words and understand that God can and does redeem them for his glory. He is afterall, far more powerful than the Enemy.
 
Shaul certainly has his place in ministering, his writings are pretty amazing when one fully grasps his message.

Was he perfect? No. Did he ever make mistakes of course. I find it hard to believe he did not use Yawheh's name in speech, but IDK for sure, he did use it at least one time in his writings.

Thing is Shaul grew up a pharisee, a student pf pharisee law, the name of Yahweh was banned probably his entire life. Kepha was following takanot when he thought he should not eat with cornelius, Yahweh;s Law states otherwise (Lev 19:34, Ex12:48-49, Num 15:15-16) yet Kepha needs a vision to show him this even after being around the messiah for His ministry. Shauls was in pharisee training and never was under the training of Yahshua while He was on earth. There are so many other factors also, that I am not going to get into.

bottom line, I do not condemm Shaul for his lack of use of YHWH in writing epistles, I condemm none, but I do promote the use of Yahweh as Scriptures says over and over to call upon His name, and I am against the use of pagan names and titles. and I do wonder why when quoting the "OT" Yahweh's Name was removed? I have no answer for this as I never met the man.

Yahly 2:32, "And whoever will call with the Name of Yahweh will be delivered; for in Mount Zion in Yerusalem there will
be deliverance, as Yahweh has said, among the remnant who has escaped of those whom Yahweh calls."

Romans 10:13, "Everyone who calls on the name of (Kyriou) will be saved."