Web Based churches

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
This is not about being an adult or even mature. This is about Jesus Christ. God even said forsake not a child. So what if I was one. Make sure y’all hearts are in the right place with God.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Consider that you may be derailing your own thread.

Some posters are blunt and some shunt.

With the nature of a forum it is frequently slower than IM

I agree with what the
two other posters said about shut-ins, elderly, isolation, or possibly even willingness (depending on one's season of life) it isn't a substitute.

More than that would be hard to say without specificity so don't take it too personally without a bit of context on where something is coming from or some examples.

It is certainly worthy of discussion though :)

Edit: My spacing keeps messing up somehow, first letter gets highlighted and it starts deleting what I type after that alas.

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
In regards to this back and forth. Mii. I understand. This has been over. 😀 but thanks I just pray they don’t grieve the Holy Spirit This is over And they all should just pray

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
And when I told them to pray that was the Holy Spirit thur me

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Is this new generation church?
what do you mean 'new generation church' ?

do you mean, this new thing, web-based congregations, is that really a church?
or do you mean, are these churches '
new generation' ? ((then what do you mean, 'new generation'??))

if you're asking if someone has to be physically present with other physically present people in order to really call it a church, then i'm not sure that's true. the NT talks about local assemblies and calls them 'churches' but it also talks about the entirety of all believers together and calls that 'the church' -- even though as a whole, we're not all physically present with each other.

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Yes. I was asking is this the new generation church ? Or assembly? 😀 not talking about the body of Christ. Talking about the physical assembly

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Because I’ve been seeing increasingly churches having church thru media and seats empty in churches

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
That’s why I brought up the thread. Don’t understand why it was so hard for some to understand. It was a simple question. Is this the new generation church ? Lol

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I enjoy watching In Touch Ministries.
Dr. Charles Stanley is truly gifted.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Is this the new way of having church ?better ? 😀
Sounds real good and easy... You don't really have to put forth any effort, just log on...so probably not the better way... just saying!

It is an option for the elderly and disabled, but it would be better if local churches went to those peoples homes and prayed and had church with them.

My thoughts, anyways.