Webcam Problems

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

richie_2uk

Hey Robo, Can you help or advise as to what to do to get my webcam to work in a room? When I login, I get the option only to ( I wont use webcam ) its not giving me option to, I want to use webcam. But he mic works great from the webcam When in a room. Thank you,

S

Siberian_Khatru

Hi richie_2uk!

Make sure you have the proper driver installed for your webcam. If you don't, your computer may only recognize an audio input device, and not a video capture device as well.

If your browser and Flash Player are not updated, you may need to do update these as well (although it is highly unlikely this is the problem).

Let us know if this helps; if not, we'll try something else! :)

R

richie_2uk

Thank you for the reply, Yes I have all the flash and shockwave players updated, but its possible my webcam video drivers, I look into that. thank you again. God Bless

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Richie_2uk: I have read some report that Flash Player 11.2 wasn't supporting some webcams. I don't know if that's the issue with you or not.

But whatever the problem is, in this case it's probably purely on your end and Flash in general, not specific to our site.

But nonetheless I hope that someone here can help you get it working. :)

S

Siberian_Khatru

Richie_2uk: I have read some report that Flash Player 11.2 wasn't supporting some webcams. I don't know if that's the issue with you or not.

But whatever the problem is, in this case it's probably purely on your end and Flash in general, not specific to our site.

But nonetheless I hope that someone here can help you get it working. :)
To build on this; there was a recent Flash update to the 11.2 version. If it was relative to Flash, then perhaps the recent update will correct it. :) Thanks for reminding me, Robo.

R

richie_2uk

Hello RoboOp. and Siberian_Kharu. I just thought to reply to you that I have found the problem. It was the wrong drivers software for the webcam, Its working brilliantly even with the new updated Flash player 11. I have no problems with any of that. Since I found the correct video webcam frivers it works wonders. and thank you both for any advise given. God Bless.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Glad we could help, and God bless!

C

Chizuka

:confused: Okay, I have a Toshiba NB250. Windows 7. It has a built in Webcam. I do have the proper driver installed for it. My computer doesn't recognize that it has a webcam. I know years ago there was a software programme I can download that will find the webcam on my computer. Frustrating because the camera is staring right at me but is not connecting with the computer! Aaargh.

U

Ugly

Have you tried to use it on different programs to see if the problem isn't related to the program you're trying it on?

S

Siberian_Khatru

:confused: Okay, I have a Toshiba NB250. Windows 7. It has a built in Webcam. I do have the proper driver installed for it. My computer doesn't recognize that it has a webcam. I know years ago there was a software programme I can download that will find the webcam on my computer. Frustrating because the camera is staring right at me but is not connecting with the computer! Aaargh.
Then you don't have the proper driver, if that's the case (I don't mean to sound condescending). The software gives you more control and freedom with the webcam, but the device driver is what ultimately allows functionality with Windows. If Windows says "Unknown Device" or does not display your webcam's name in Device Manager - or anywhere else for that matter - it's a driver issue.

Where did you get the driver from, that you currently have? And did this problem occur recently after some sort of change? Or is it a seemingly random occurrence?