weep with those who weep, rejoice with those who rejoice...how?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cairn15

Feb 10, 2021
daughterofthelight.blog
Jesus says that we should weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice. I'm great at the "weeping" part. I love listening to hurting people and doing my best to help them through their struggles. I have a deep love and care for people who are struggling.

BUT, my question is this...how can we rejoice at all in a world that is so full of pain and suffering? Every day people are hurt and dying and their lives are falling apart. Innocent lives are destroyed. I have so many people in my life right now that are hurting so deeply and struggling with hard things – sexual abuse, divorce, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, loneliness, suicide attempts, PTSD...all of that stuff. My own sister is so depressed right now and it kills me to see her hurting and to know that I am so helpless.. I just don’t know how I’m supposed to be happy and to rejoice in a world that is so messed up.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I just don’t know how I’m supposed to be happy and to rejoice in a world that is so messed up.
Truly if our joy depended on the world having no wrong in it, we would be constantly grieving and despondent.

But it doesn't depend on that, does it?

What does make you happy?
And what do others rejoice in? Because the saying is rejoice with those who rejoice - so in what they are made glad by, look for gladness too. Or at the least be glad they they have forgotten their misery for a moment; that God in His mercy gives us such rest :)

Cairn15

Feb 10, 2021
daughterofthelight.blog
Truly if our joy depended on the world having no wrong in it, we would be constantly grieving and despondent.

But it doesn't depend on that, does it?

What does make you happy?
And what do others rejoice in? Because the saying is rejoice with those who rejoice - so in what they are made glad by, look for gladness too. Or at the least be glad they they have forgotten their misery for a moment; that God in His mercy gives us such rest :)
That's a very good point.

Pengwyn

Jun 16, 2021
The most powerful thing you can do in the face of trouble is to laugh.

In general though, I think it's mostly saying to be compassionate, empathetic, etc. Mostly, feeling for someone who is down, and being able to celebrate those who are joyful. (Being able to be joyful simply because they are joyful about something. )

Hatred, corruption, pain, deceit, all things bad, were just as alive for Jesus as they are for us, and he went out of his way sometimes to put himself in those situation to help those in need. So it's something he did practice. Thing is, you aren't helpless, simply being there to listen, and share in others trouble is a big help. It's a very powerful thing, and the lord stands with you in doing it.

You can't solve others problems, only give them the support to rise to the challenge. In the end though, even seeing someone smile is what some people need to get through the day. Being joyful in sense is being helpful to others, as well.

Cairn15

Feb 10, 2021
daughterofthelight.blog
The most powerful thing you can do in the face of trouble is to laugh.

In general though, I think it's mostly saying to be compassionate, empathetic, etc. Mostly, feeling for someone who is down, and being able to celebrate those who are joyful. (Being able to be joyful simply because they are joyful about something. )

Hatred, corruption, pain, deceit, all things bad, were just as alive for Jesus as they are for us, and he went out of his way sometimes to put himself in those situation to help those in need. So it's something he did practice. Thing is, you aren't helpless, simply being there to listen, and share in others trouble is a big help. It's a very powerful thing, and the lord stands with you in doing it.

You can't solve others problems, only give them the support to rise to the challenge. In the end though, even seeing someone smile is what some people need to get through the day. Being joyful in sense is being helpful to others, as well.
Thank you for your thoughts. they are very helpful.

HumbleOne

Jul 10, 2021
Find someone that has made a major life goal achievement (new job, new house, new baby, new car, birthday, age achievement, etc.) Go rejoice with them. :)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont know about the new car, job, house, or baby (most people actually dont have these things) but you can always find ways to celebrate a birthday.

things will get better. When you have reached rock bottom, the only way is up. Gods mercies are new each morning, so you need to look for them.

when people are in pain, sometimes the best way through it is to write, or sing. When the israelties were taken captive to babylon, they wept by the river and lamented. How can we sing a love song in a strange land? well they made a song out of it anyway!

when Peter or was it Paul was thrown in jail, all they could do was sing until the angels released them with an earthquake.

Cairn15

Feb 10, 2021
daughterofthelight.blog
I dont know about the new car, job, house, or baby (most people actually dont have these things) but you can always find ways to celebrate a birthday.

things will get better. When you have reached rock bottom, the only way is up. Gods mercies are new each morning, so you need to look for them.

when people are in pain, sometimes the best way through it is to write, or sing. When the israelties were taken captive to babylon, they wept by the river and lamented. How can we sing a love song in a strange land? well they made a song out of it anyway!

when Peter or was it Paul was thrown in jail, all they could do was sing until the angels released them with an earthquake.
Oh, those are very good thoughts. Thank you.