Welcome to the Christian faith.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusMyOnly

Senior Member
Jun 30, 2014
880
15
0
Who out there has converted to Christianity from a different religion? What religion did you practice previously?
 
Muslim. My dad was a Muslim and my Mom is a Christian, so i had to choose between the two of them, and I choose christianity which was best for me.
 
Well, coming from Catholicism doesn't count as coming from a different faith since they both have similar interest/foundation. But for the experience I had, it held nothing more than performing tasks and rituals in order to gain acceptance from God and to not be condemned to hell. This type of thinking has been around for me ever since I could remember, even with other human relationships. Towards the end when we were getting ready to make our confirmation (I was fourteen when this happened), I felt like there was an emptiness deep down but tried to suppress it. A year or so after was when I started questioning among other things that were happening to me by then and it's been bumpy since. Went from being agnostic and not care if there was a God or not, to New Age, a bit of Buddhism teachings and philosophies and on the edge of atheism. If it weren't for spiritual encounters I had before thinking of that (not recommended as to the encounters I had since some seemed occult-like but I didn't know it at the time), I probably would have been an atheist. May sound confusing and unbelievable, but it's true.
 
My adopted dad was atheist I initially was agnostic with Jewish friends.
Later went East, (Yoga, Hinduism, Buddhism, Zen.) then into the occult.
Jesus fished me out.
 
I went from being raised Christian to falling out of it and becoming something of an Agnostic. I later returned to my Christian roots (not sure if this counts or is relevant). I have attended a few different denomination's services, but have more or less stuck to a non-denominational perspective.
 
If atheism is considered a religion then, atheism. Though I pretended to believe there was no God; interesting eh?
 
in our world, before conversion we are all practicing a 'worldly-religion' of some sort
that has its roots in devilish philosophy.

after conversion, we start to practice in the 'will of God and Christ',
what is Holy, pure, honest, and true.

life from death.