Were Adama and Eve real people?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JGIG

Aug 2, 2013
I have decided to clear away everything I think I know and put back only those things I can know for certain, like Descartes. I can't figure out a way to put God back onto my table of things I know, because I can't find a reason he must exist.
The breath in your lungs is the proof that He exists.

Grace and peace to you,
-JGIG

S

StandStrong

I have decided to clear away everything I think I know and put back only those things I can know for certain, like Descartes. I can't figure out a way to put God back onto my table of things I know, because I can't find a reason he must exist.
can you find a reason He must not exist? can you find conclusive proof that He does not exist? how about all the proof that the Word of God is real, right, and has proven it's self mulitple times?

S

StandStrong

oh and this doesn't actually answer my question. Why do you decide not to believe?

R

Reformedjason

Sounds like a good reason to stop listening to catholic priest

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
What things have you put on your table?

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Jude 1

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Some of the GOOD stuff.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
You like science, right?
Here is scientific reasoning, dare I say "evidence", for the existence of God.
It's less than five minutes long.
Can you refute it?

[video=youtube;COJ0ED1mV7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COJ0ED1mV7s[/video]

Oct 16, 2013
Many Catholic priests have began stating that Adam and Eve were not real people, but that the story is only allegorical. One would have to wonder why the sacrifice of Christ was necessary then. What do y'all think?
This is the view of Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church-Orthodox Church.

The fact that Adam and Eve were created by God last of all the other created beings and in a different way - not just by the utterance of a Divine Word but by the direct involvement and action of God - indicates not only the outstanding position of the human in the whole of the creation, but also its special relation to God. According to the Church Fathers, Genesis 1:26 ff, "...Let us make man ...(poiesomen anthropon) shows that the creation of the human being was the result of a Trinitarian act. Particularly significant in this connection is the statement that "man was made according to the image and the likeness of God". The reference to "the image of God" is to be understood in terms of Jesus Christ, since he is explicitly identified with it (2 Cor.4:4; Col. 1:15; Heb. 1:3 ff). Thus for mankind to be in the image of God means to be in, or assimilated to, Christ. This is a matter of grace and act and not a matter of nature, because only Christ is by nature God's image as God's eternal and natural offspring, his only begotten Son. The "likeness of God" is often connected with the grace of the Spirit who assimilates us to Christ.

In the created world only the human being combines material and spiritual elements. Human existence is thus differentiated from non-human creation in a qualitative way. In light of this fact, the Church Fathers often speak of the human being as a "little world", a "microcosm" of the whole of the creation. Using this notion, the Church Fathers teach that the human body contains in it all levels of existence of the natural world which preceded it in order of the creation, and considered the physical elements which make up the human body as in no way different from those which constitute the physical world. This means that the natural world is fully integrated with the human being and the whole of the creation.

At the same time, the Fathers' use of the notion of microcosm means that humanity, created in God's image and likeness, transcends the material world because it participates in God spiritually and consciously, unlike the rest of the creation. Humankind then stands on the boundary (methorion) between the material and the spiritual worlds as a connecting link. It is directly related to the earthly aspect of created existence as well as to the untreated existence of the Creator. As such, on the one hand, it directly influences our thinking about the integrity of creation, and on the other hand it gives to human nature a dynamic spiritual dimension.

May 15, 2013
I was wondering if you can figure out where life came from, and I mean the real life like the energy forces that had created everything. What had brought all things into existence? Where did matter came from? How come we have the intelligence to communicate and the abilities to understand others that doesn't communicate in the same pattern? If it had came from something that was here trillions of year ago, then where did it came from? So it has to be a force to govern everything to make sure that everything has a source of some sort to extend its life or to pass on its existence, like reproducing. Like a battery has to have a charger to extend its life and which it take intelligence to design a charger to understand what can extend its life. We have food to help extend our lives, who or what design these elements and made them available? I can't drink sea water, but what created fresh water for me to drink so that I could live? There's something that is governing everything and it is not Space Aliens, because they need a creator to help them and guide them also.

M

megaman125

It doesn't take any faith to believe in God's existence, just like it doesn't take any faith to believe that the house I live in has a builder.

Aug 25, 2013
And yes, it has been a while Cycel. Haven't been aroung much, partly because I haven't found too many topics that I want to post in, and partly because I just got a promotion at work and the transition into it was a bit of a challenge, schedully speaking. But now that I'm transitioned in, my schedule should be getting fairly consistent.
Congratulations! All success in your new position.

F

Flyboy

oh and this doesn't actually answer my question. Why do you decide not to believe?
I don't think anyone decides not to believe. One simply cannot make that belief happen.