Were Nephilim (Gen 6) judged differently by God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Did God's forgiveness ever, at any point, apply to angels?

• Not sure. The Bible does not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2021
What makes you think that pathetic old serpent even has a plan seeing as he is the most foolish creature created?
Be careful friend. Never mock angelic dignitaries of either side.

"Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves."
Jude 1:10

Michael the Archangel supersedes you - follow his maturity and understanding.

Jan 12, 2022
Be careful friend. Never mock angelic dignitaries of either side.

Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.

We will judge angels said the Lord God. Those angels I will judge to hellfire, no hope for them for what they have done.

As for Satan, he is no dignitary, he's a pathetic animal. First cursed, no hope for him. He has no plan the wanton one, how wrathful he will be when he realizes how short his life really is before the Lord God kills him, in Jesus name, amen.

Aug 2, 2021
We will judge angels said the Lord God. Those angels I will judge to hellfire, no hope for them for what they have done.

As for Satan, he is no dignitary, he's a pathetic animal. First cursed, no hope for him. He has no plan the wanton one, how wrathful he will be when he realizes how short his life really is before the Lord God kills him, in Jesus name, amen.
We shall judge angels.
We are not there yet. In this realm and the next all our Authority comes from the Holy Spirit as HE guides us when dealing with angelic powers.
Never are we to mock and speak foolishly of them.

Satan is not an animal. Study the scriptures concerning him so that you are protected and blessed.

Peace

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
We shall judge angels.
We are not there yet. In this realm and the next all our Authority comes from the Holy Spirit as HE guides us when dealing with angelic powers.

Satan is not an animal. Study the scriptures concerning him so that you are protected and blessed.

Peace

Jan 12, 2022
We shall judge angels.
Peace
Those angels will be judged to the Lake of Fire for what they have done, the judgement will sit, they and their lovers will not change it.

As for Satan, he is no angel, his destiny is also fixed. His whole kingdom be slaughtered quite literally by Lord Jesus personally. How the most glorious Sword will cut them all down and feed their flesh to the beasts and the birds will drink their blood at the Great Supper of the Lord, praise God! Then Satan shall be slain by fire from God Almighty coming down upon him and he will likewise be cast into the Lake of Fire. The judgement will sit, it will not change. The end was called from the beginning.

Aug 2, 2021
Those angels will be judged to the Lake of Fire for what they have done, the judgement will sit, they and their lovers will not change it.

As for Satan, he is no angel, his destiny is also fixed. His whole kingdom be slaughtered quite literally by Lord Jesus personally. How the most glorious Sword will cut them all down and feed their flesh to the beasts and the birds will drink their blood at the Great Supper of the Lord, praise God! Then Satan shall be slain by fire from God Almighty coming down upon him and he will likewise be cast into the Lake of Fire. The judgement will sit, it will not change. The end was called from the beginning.
Read Revelation and study that you may know the Truth.
Satan is a Cherubim - the Highest angel God created.

Jan 12, 2022
Read Revelation and study that you may know the Truth.
Satan is a Cherubim - the Highest angel God created.
I have read Revelation, and it does not say Satan is a Cherubim, but that holy book is true indeed, and it does foretell his ultimate fate, how he will die, killed personally by God, and be thrown into the Lake of Fire. Praise Jesus the King and Slayer of the Dragon!

Aug 2, 2021
I have read Revelation, and it does not say Satan is a Cherubim, but that holy book does foretell his ultimate fate, how he will die, killed personally by God, and be thrown into the Lake of Fire. Praise Jesus the King and Slayer of the Dragon!
Revelation is built upon the Truth from Genesis forward.
You are correct in the final destination of Satan as recorded in Revelation ch20

The LORD revealed who satan is and his Angelic authority in the OT Prophets.

Jan 12, 2022
Revelation is built upon the Truth from Genesis forward.
You are correct in the final destination of Satan as recorded in Revelation ch20

The LORD revealed who satan is and his Angelic authority in the OT Prophets.
I have read the entirety of the holy scriptures, but you don't have to go far into the Bible to find Satan. Indeed it is revealed who Satan is, what he is, how he got the names Satan and Devil, why he is the First Cursed, and the prophecy of his death. Genesis 3 is the chapter, and the Magenta one has already posted the very first verse about him.

Shepherd

May 11, 2022
Genesis 6 is just a continuation and summary of the world, lives and deeds of the men mentioned in Genesis 3, 4, and 5. The "sons of God" in Genesis 6 include the named individuals whose genealogies are recorded in Genesis 5 and who had become "sons of God" when they "began to call upon the name of the Lord" back in Genesis 4. The "daughters of men" they were marrying are from the families of unbelievers mentioned in Genesis 3. The "nephilim" were simply big, powerful, fierce warriors likened to the ones the Children of Israel encountered in the land of Canaan. They were simply big humans. Angels cannot and do not mate with humans, nor can they be "sons of God". Furthermore, the "sons of God" mentioned in Genesis 6 were taking wives...that is plural. This appears to be affirmed in the new testament where Jesus said they were "marrying and giving in marriage" prior to the flood. I know it sounds like an interesting story and hate to offend anyone but, the angel/human hybrid belief is not Biblical.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
He might be the most subtle animal, but he's not smart. First cursed! No hope for the serpent!
If he wasn't that smart there would be next to nobody in Hell.
Foolish people think Satan is dumb. I hope you're not like that.

Marilyn

Jul 27, 2021
In Genesis 6 we are introduced to the Nephilim (half angel--half human). The Bible never references whether or not they were evil....only that the angels that fathered them were part of the fallen ones. .
Hi Dreamdweller,

This is a false teaching regarding the Nephilim.

1. Angels were created by God individually and do NOT have sexual parts. They do NOT and can NOT procreate. Remember what Jesus said, " For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are LIKE the ANGELS OF GOD IN HEAVEN.` (Matt. 22: 30)

2. The Nephilim are just bullies, tyrants, warriors,. Heb. `Nephil,` a fella, a bully or tyrant, giant.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
I have read the entirety of the holy scriptures, but you don't have to go far into the Bible to find Satan. Indeed it is revealed who Satan is, what he is, how he got the names Satan and Devil, why he is the First Cursed, and the prophecy of his death. Genesis 3 is the chapter, and the Magenta one has already posted the very first verse about him.
Ezekiel 28:14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Hi Dreamdweller,

1. Angels were created by God individually and do NOT have sexual parts. They do NOT and can NOT procreate. Remember what Jesus said, " For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are LIKE the ANGELS OF GOD IN HEAVEN.` (Matt. 22: 30)

2. The Nephilim are just bullies, tyrants, warriors,. Heb. `Nephil,` a fella, a bully or tyrant, giant.
This is the correct understanding. There was and is no fruitful sex between different species. The sons of God were priests like Adam, Melchizedek, others anointed in their families. Instead of being led by the Spirit they chose any woman they wanted for intercourse.

Jul 24, 2019
Arizona
Hi Dreamdweller,

In the verse where it says, "they neither marry nor are given in marriage...," we have to go back to verse 23 for context. When we get to verse 30, it is clear that Jesus is talking about men, not angels. If Jesus was talking about angels, there would be no reason to say, "Like the angels of God in Heaven." Plus, remember it says, For in the resurrection... In order to be resurrected, you have to have died. Angels never die. The fallen angels can be bound, such as Lucifer will be bound for 1000 years in Revelation. But an angel has never been killed according to the Bible.

Genesis 6:4 says: "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of mankind, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown." If these "sons" were human, God would not have said that they "came into the daughters of mankind" because they would have already been human. The Common English Bible states Genesis 6:2 as saying, The divine beings saw how beautiful these human women were, so they married the ones they chose.

I checked the KJV version against the NASB version. In the NASB version, sons of God appear 7 times; 5 in the Old Testament and twice in the New Testament. The first 5 are in Genesis and Job. In the O.T. verses, sons of God are clearly angels. In the N.T. verses, it says they are human. So I do agree that "sons of God" can refer to men, but it also refers to angels.

In the KJV, there are 11 times sons of God appear. After contrasting the 2, the reason there are more in the KJV version is because the NASB version has the last 4 verses in the KJV as calling them children of God instead of sons of God. These sons of God I do believe are human.

Personally, I know of nothing in the Bible where God says angels don't have sexual parts (if there is a verse, please let me know). But God did give us the names of 2 angels...Michael and Gabriel. These are both male names. I can only assume that they have all the features of a male. After doing some research and contemplating, my personal opinion is that all angels are male. The other reason for my opinion is that daughters of God never appears in the KJV of the Bible. The NASB version is the only version where daughters of God appears (Romans 8:14, Romans 8:19, and Galatians 3:26), but it appears in italics. Most versions (not all) have the verses ending with sons of God or children of God.

These are just my thoughts.

Jan 12, 2022
If he wasn't that smart there would be next to nobody in Hell.
Foolish people think Satan is dumb. I hope you're not like that.
Those who are fools in the world's eyes are wise with God. Satan might be cunning and subtle, but he's the ultimate most foolish animal in all of creation he is the very dead last in all true intelligence since he is the antithesis of the truth being the first liar. "Cursed above all cattle" is a significant phrase, no hope for the Devil.

Jan 12, 2022
Ezekiel 28:14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
This verse is not about Satan, but about a king of Tyre. Tyre was once an ally of Israel in the early days going back to David's reign, they became famously wealthy in the ancient ages, and this lifted their king's heart against God, who had made the king wise and splendorous in the first place for their alliance, like a covering cherub, with Israel. However their idolatry and ways also became bad against Israel and a snare unto themselves too. Therefore that kings fate, and the fate of all Sidon are foretold (for Ezekiel's time in stunning accuracy fun fact) to be wiped out by foreign armies, which indeed, did come to pass.

Also the Sword makes another famous appearance!

Ezekiel 28:23-24
23 For I will send into her pestilence, and blood into her streets; and the wounded shall be judged in the midst of her by the sword upon her on every side; and they shall know that I am the Lord.

24 And there shall be no more a pricking brier unto the house of Israel, nor any grieving thorn of all that are round about them, that despised them; and they shall know that I am the Lord God.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Hi Dreamdweller,
1. Angels were created by God individually and do NOT have sexual parts. t.
The class of angels called the watchers can take on human form. Scripture tells of angels who were in the form of humans, and we are told we may be entertaining agels when we entertain strangers.

Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

Marilyn

Jul 27, 2021
The class of angels called the watchers can take on human form. Scripture tells of angels who were in the form of humans, and we are told we may be entertaining agels when we entertain strangers.

Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
I agree, Blik, and God`s word says they are `ministering SPIRITS.` (Heb. 1: 14)

We know then that spirits are not flesh and blood, thus not having sexual parts or the seed of man, and there is NO seed of angels.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
I agree, Blik, and God`s word says they are `ministering SPIRITS.` (Heb. 1: 14)

We know then that spirits are not flesh and blood, thus not having sexual parts or the seed of man, and there is NO seed of angels.
Indeed.

The DNA Corruption crowd is silly: believing fairytales. Angels cannot copulate among themselves yet somehow figured out how to have sex with humans. Rubbish. The seed of man is in himself, this is the express pattern of procreation. They also don’t understand the priesthood they’re in: thinking it prudent to follow a pattern established the Law rather than by Christ and the Father.