Were Nephilim (Gen 6) judged differently by God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Did God's forgiveness ever, at any point, apply to angels?

• Not sure. The Bible does not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
This verse is not about Satan, but about a king of Tyre. Tyre was once an ally of Israel in the early days going back to David's reign, they became famously wealthy in the ancient ages, and this lifted their king's heart against God, who had made the king wise and splendorous in the first place for their alliance, like a covering cherub, with Israel. However their idolatry and ways also became bad against Israel and a snare unto themselves too. Therefore that kings fate, and the fate of all Sidon are foretold (for Ezekiel's time in stunning accuracy fun fact) to be wiped out by foreign armies, which indeed, did come to pass.
You might want to read V 15, this shows Satan was being talked about. There has been no one blameless except Christ.
This verse said he was created blameless
Plus, the King of Tyre never became a Jew. He was always a sinner.
15You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created,
till unrighteousness was found in you.

This is about Lucifer.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Thanks for your question. The 'sons of God' in the Bible are true believers. True believers marry non-believers in this case. The non-believers are referred to as the daughters of men. This can pose a problem as true believers will be on a different spiritual path and this can be polluted if non-believers hold sway or influence them. In Ezra chapter 10 we read: "We have trespassed against our God, and have taken strange wives of the people of the land: yet now there is hope in Israel concerning this thing." This is the sort of thing that is being talked about, not weird physical races of persons. Remember how David fought a giant but this was still a person and was a picture of those in spiritual error who oppose God's true believers. See also that the term 'sons of God' means true believers in the Bible: "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" (John 1:12)
yeah the idea that a spiritual angel can breed with a human woman is pretty off base no angel has ever been called the son of god

“being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, And his ministers a flame of fire.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:4-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

so this isn’t saying the angels saw woman and married them.

“that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:2‬ ‭

given also that it says they were men of renown I’m not sure there was a race of non human half angel giants in the Bible . That idea came from the book of Enoch.

“There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:4‬ ‭

they were men with great renown and accomplishment. And your exactly correct the only beings identified in all scriptire as gods children are mankind.

Gods people mixed with cains daughters it’s why intermarriage is forbidden later in the law and even non believing Christians shouldn’t marry non believers. If they are already married before that’s different but intermarriage between Gods chosen and designated people is forbidden for them to marry those who aren’t Gods people.

angels are spiritual beings spiritual beings can’t have physical relations with a physical woman men and women breed not angels angels don’t marry

“For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:30‬ ‭KJV‬‬

angels didn’t breed with women Gods people bread with cains children and that produced “ mighty men of renown “ rhetorically giants in the earth

Aug 2, 2021
I agree, Blik, and God`s word says they are `ministering SPIRITS.` (Heb. 1: 14)

We know then that spirits are not flesh and blood, thus not having sexual parts or the seed of man, and there is NO seed of angels.
When Angels abandon their First Estate and come to earth they can take on human flesh and procreate with women.

Just like it says in the Bible = Genesis = Jude

Aug 2, 2021
yeah the idea that a spiritual angel can breed with a human woman is pretty off base no angel has ever been called the son of god

“being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, And his ministers a flame of fire.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:4-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

so this isn’t saying the angels saw woman and married them.

“that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:2‬ ‭

given also that it says they were men of renown I’m not sure there was a race of non human half angel giants in the Bible . That idea came from the book of Enoch.

“There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:4‬ ‭

they were men with great renown and accomplishment. And your exactly correct the only beings identified in all scriptire as gods children are mankind.

Gods people mixed with cains daughters it’s why intermarriage is forbidden later in the law and even non believing Christians shouldn’t marry non believers. If they are already married before that’s different but intermarriage between Gods chosen and designated people is forbidden for them to marry those who aren’t Gods people.

angels are spiritual beings spiritual beings can’t have physical relations with a physical woman men and women breed not angels angels don’t marry

“For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:30‬ ‭KJV‬‬

angels didn’t breed with women Gods people bread with cains children and that produced “ mighty men of renown “ rhetorically giants in the earth
KEY Verse = "but as the angels in heaven"

The angels who left their First Estate(Heaven) came to earth and "took wives from the daughters of men."

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
KEY Verse = "but as the angels in heaven"

The angels who left their First Estate(Heaven) came to earth and "took wives from the daughters of men."
naw brother that’s not biblical at all it’s found in Enochs book ofnthe watchers the only verses we have in the Bible two references don’t tell us about 150 foot giants who ate the people and everything else and God had to destroy them because he couldn’t feed them lol that’s the narrative in the book of Enoch

The giants were out of control eating the people and animals and trees ect

if any of that was actually biblical there would be references throughout scripture like there is with everything else

AnGels have always been heavenly beings they aren’t flesh and blood which it takes to procreate with a human.

angels are spirits

“For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

no angel has ever been called the son of God it’s a title specifically for mankind who was made in his image

angels are spirits like we will be after the resurrection we’ll be like angels no longer humans but glorified spiritual beings

“And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, And his ministers a flame of fire.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Angels aren’t human it takes two humans to procreate Besides how would a normal size woman bear a 150 foot giant from her womb ?

Makes no sense biblically , but if we were discussing the book of Enoch it would make sense that rabid giants ate everything in sight so God not being able to feed them had to kill them

but we all have our opinions.

The sons of God are not one to me ever referenced to be angels and it specifically says no angel has ever held that title . But often Christians don’t accept what it says though

Amanuensis

Jun 12, 2021
1When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal ; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

5The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

The KJV says Giants and the same word is used in Numbers when the spies said there were giants in the land.

Therefore they were giants in the land. Just people like the giants in Numbers.

There was no fallen angel mating with humans. The sons of God were those in Seths camp and the daughters of men were the women in Cain's camp.

The Giants before the flood were wiped out.

There does not seem to be any forgiveness being granted to any of these people but I don't know who had faith in God before they died before the flood. Someone of the Giants clan might have heard the preaching of Enoch and believed and hung out with the sons of God Seth's people and then died in faith before the ark was built. We don't really imagine anyone but Noah and his family getting "forgiveness" at the time of the flood. All the others alive were judged, No forgiveness.

So the giant people that were alive when it started raining were not given any forgiveness nor any non giant people.

I don't get the question.

Jesus said the sons of God in Gen 6 were people not fallen angles. He said that when he said that in the days of Noah they were marrying and giving in marriage and that is the verse he was talking about. The sons of god took them wives... therefore Jesus commented on this verse and used it to explain how just like PEOPLE were marrying right before the flood came, PEOPLE will be doing that right before Jesus comes. MIC DROP. Debate OVER.

I am glad I could clear that up for you. I am sure someone will make Jesus say that fallen angels will be marrying women right before Jesus comes but we all know that is not what he meant.

Marilyn

Jul 27, 2021
When Angels abandon their First Estate and come to earth they can take on human flesh and procreate with women.

Genesis tells us that the Nephil were bullies, tyrants, giants. From the Hebrew meaning.

Jude tells us that

`certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of God into licentiousness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own habitation, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;

as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the judgment of the great day.`

Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries.` (Jude 6 - 8)

Certain men & Lucifer and his fallen angels rejected God`s authority, those in Sodom and Gomorrah and cities around, went after strange flesh.

It is all explained in God`s word.

To make it anything else is to ADD to God`s word and actually put dispersion on God`s character. God did not make angels with sexual parts and then not let them procreate. God did not let angels physically take on man`s actual sexual parts with man`s seed. God did not make any such horrendous hybrid human possible by any means.

Utterly monstrous to even suggest that. It clearly shows a great misunderstanding of God, His character and His purposes through Christ.

Truth01

May 7, 2022
I think it's important to understand what a son of God is in the first place before going on to make assumptions based on our own imaginations. If you call a shovel a hammer it's still a shovel.

When the bible in the new testament gives the lineage of Jesus it lists men saying so and so was the father of so and so etc until it arrives at Adam. For Adam it says "and Adam was the son of God". A son of God in this reference refers to a being that was created directly by God as Adam was. Angel's were created directly by God so they are sons of God as well. Both Adam and the Angel's can claim no one else to be their father but God, hence they are called sons of God. When we are born of the spirit we become sons of God. This does not mean that we are now Angel's or that Adam was an angel.

After Cain killed Abel, Cain was cursed and had to live and raise his family separately to the family of Adam. Adam had another son named Seth, whose family was not cursed. Cain's family became degenerate and evil but Seth's family maintained a close belief in God and continued to worship him. Because of their evil Cains descendants were called the sons of men. Because Seth's family followed God they were termed the sons of God. Jesus told the pharisees that you are evil and do the works of your father the devil. Good people that do the works of God have God as their father according to this statement. This was the state of affairs that existed, the cursed living beside the blessed. However the bible tells us that the sons of God looked at the sons of men and found them attractive. They then intermarried with them, a thing they were not supposed to do. This is how evil polluted what good there was in the world culminating in a situation where the only faithfull son of God that remained was Noah. Adam was a giant. Generations after him have decreased in stature since. When the sons of God married the sons of men there were Giants in those days just as Adam was. Not everyone had decreased in stature at that time. Remember that people lived to 800 plus years then, so the shifts in size through generations was not so sudden. Additionally later from the family of Noah Anak was eventually born, and his family were considered Giants though not as big as Adam and his giant offspring were.

So, at the time when the sons of God found the sons of men to be attractive, there were Giants currently living on earth and some of the sons of God may themselves have been Giants and given off giant offspring.
Hoping this creates some clarity.

Truth01

May 7, 2022
Remember the incident when the pharisees asked Jesus about the woman with several husbands that she married sequentially after the former died, then her last husband died and finally she died. They then asked whose wife of the several she would be if they were all resurrected and went to heaven. Jesus said she would not belong to any of her former husbands but she would be like the Angel's that don't marry. Angel's don't marry or procreate. To understand who the sons of God are, read the previous post.

Truth01

May 7, 2022

Another member here once said that we are entitled to our own opinions, but not to our own facts.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi Dreamdweller,

This is a false teaching regarding the Nephilim.

1. Angels were created by God individually and do NOT have sexual parts. They do NOT and can NOT procreate. Remember what Jesus said, " For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are LIKE the ANGELS OF GOD IN HEAVEN.` (Matt. 22: 30)

2. The Nephilim are just bullies, tyrants, warriors,. Heb. `Nephil,` a fella, a bully or tyrant, giant.
Genuine question...
Angels are spirits , cannot they enter into a human body ?...This would be the way that they used man to make the giants...
...xox...

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
In Genesis 6 we are introduced to the Nephilim (half angel--half human).
There's no such thing as "half angel - half human".
Sons of God, daughters of men, and giants in Genesis 6 are all 100% human.
God judges all humans by the same standard.

Jan 12, 2022
You might want to read V 15, this shows Satan was being talked about. There has been no one blameless except Christ.
This verse said he was created blameless
Plus, the King of Tyre never became a Jew. He was always a sinner.
15You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created,
till unrighteousness was found in you.

This is about Lucifer.
No it's not, you won't find that epithet in this chapter. The chapter tells you who is being addressed here in verses 1-2, 12, and 21. This is clearer if you read the whole book of Ezekiel as the chapters before (26, and 27) are also about Tyre and the Sidonians. This is the sort of middle section of Ezekiel's book where Ezekiel is led by the Lord into pronouncing incredible prophecies against all the ancient races existent in his time chapter by chapter until we get to the Temple Measurement end portion.

Aug 2, 2021
naw brother that’s not biblical at all it’s found in Enochs book ofnthe watchers the only verses we have in the Bible two references don’t tell us about 150 foot giants who ate the people and everything else and God had to destroy them because he couldn’t feed them lol that’s the narrative in the book of Enoch

The giants were out of control eating the people and animals and trees ect

if any of that was actually biblical there would be references throughout scripture like there is with everything else

AnGels have always been heavenly beings they aren’t flesh and blood which it takes to procreate with a human.

angels are spirits

“For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

no angel has ever been called the son of God it’s a title specifically for mankind who was made in his image

angels are spirits like we will be after the resurrection we’ll be like angels no longer humans but glorified spiritual beings

“And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, And his ministers a flame of fire.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Angels aren’t human it takes two humans to procreate Besides how would a normal size woman bear a 150 foot giant from her womb ?

Makes no sense biblically , but if we were discussing the book of Enoch it would make sense that rabid giants ate everything in sight so God not being able to feed them had to kill them

but we all have our opinions.

The sons of God are not one to me ever referenced to be angels and it specifically says no angel has ever held that title . But often Christians don’t accept what it says though
Good Morning Brother,

Here it is: But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Jude 1:5-7

Aug 2, 2021
Another member here once said that we are entitled to our own opinions, but not to our own facts.
Your right = the FACTS are in the Bible for us to SEE = pray that the LORD will OPEN your eyes = which means your heart is hard and needs some Heavenly LIFT ASSIST

Don't be offended by this for WE ALL NEED HIM to do this for us.

Ya gotta let go to be GOOD2GO

Aug 2, 2021
Genesis tells us that the Nephil were bullies, tyrants, giants. From the Hebrew meaning.

Jude tells us that

`certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of God into licentiousness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own habitation, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;

as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the judgment of the great day.`

Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries.` (Jude 6 - 8)

Certain men & Lucifer and his fallen angels rejected God`s authority, those in Sodom and Gomorrah and cities around, went after strange flesh.

It is all explained in God`s word.

To make it anything else is to ADD to God`s word and actually put dispersion on God`s character. God did not make angels with sexual parts and then not let them procreate. God did not let angels physically take on man`s actual sexual parts with man`s seed. God did not make any such horrendous hybrid human possible by any means.

Utterly monstrous to even suggest that. It clearly shows a great misunderstanding of God, His character and His purposes through Christ.
They where literal GIANTS and the bones of them have been found all over the world = JUST like the bible says = Genesis/Jude

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Good Morning Brother,

Here it is: But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
“And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode,”

yep they did lose thier place in heaven because they deceived mankind and still do today working to turn us agaonst God that’s how they sinned

it doesn’t say anything about having sex with women and producing giants there though.

here is where that theory comes from brother from the genesis verse there that is biblical Enoch says this

[Chapter 6]
1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it.

And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, 8 Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaqiel, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens

Then you have chapter 7 which I was wrong they weren’t 150 ft according to Enoch but 450 feet here’s what I was saying though

[Chapter 7]
1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants.

And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed 4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones

Later Enoch returns to the narrative and touches on it in chapter 15-16

Chapter 15]
1 And He answered and said to me, and I heard His voice: 'Fear not, Enoch, thou righteous man and scribe of righteousness: approach hither and hear my voice.

And go, say to the Watchers of heaven, who have sent thee to intercede for them: "You should intercede" for men, and not men for you: Wherefore have ye left the high, holy, and eternal heaven, and lain with women, and defiled yourselves with the daughters of men and taken to yourselves wives, and done like the children of earth, and begotten giants (as your) sons?

And though ye were holy, spiritual, living the eternal life, you have defiled yourselves with the blood of women, and have begotten (children) with the blood of flesh, and, as the children of men, have lusted after flesh and blood as those also do who die and perish.

Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth. But you were formerly spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world.

And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling. And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin; they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called. [

As for the spirits of heaven, in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling.] And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless hunger and thirst, and cause offences. And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them.
[Chapter 16]
1 From the days of the slaughter and destruction and death of the giants, from the souls of whose flesh the spirits, having gone forth, shall destroy without incurring judgement -thus shall they destroy until the day of the consummation, the great judgement in which the age shall be 2 consummated, over the Watchers and the godless, yea, shall be wholly consummated." And now as to the watchers who have sent thee to intercede for them, who had been aforetime in heaven, (say 3 to them): "You have been in heaven, but all the mysteries had not yet been revealed to you, and you knew worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts you have made known to the women, and through these mysteries women and men work much evil on earth." 4 Say to them therefore: " You have n

what I’m saying is if we are discussing the book of Enoch you have a lot of great points , none of this is in the Bible though and the Bible doesn’t reference these things but for a verse in genesis . If it were true the Bible would be riddled with references to these events being the reason mankind fell into sin

the Bible says man fell into sin because we transgressed and ate the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil . Enoch says the angels taught mankind forbidden knowledge and ways of war ect and the knowledge came from the angels rather than from mans transgression in Eden

Just my own opinion Enoch is an ancient text but is a narrative and not inspired of God other people accept it which I have no issue with I just myself see sommuch contradiction according to what’s in the Bible and why man fell

many other reasons where is one giants bone ? We find dinosaur bones all the time but these 450 foot giants there isn’t one shred of evidence of thier exostamcd we find men from 5000 years ago but not a single giant toe bone or skull

how would a woman bear gigantic baby bigger than herself ? A lot of reason I personally don’t believe in the Enoch narrative but others do and I’m perfectly fine with it

Amanuensis

Jun 12, 2021
“And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode,”

yep they did lose thier place in heaven because they deceived mankind and still do today working to turn us agaonst God that’s how they sinned

it doesn’t say anything about having sex with women and producing giants there though.

here is where that theory comes from brother from the genesis verse there that is biblical Enoch says this

[Chapter 6]
1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it.

And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, 8 Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaqiel, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens

Then you have chapter 7 which I was wrong they weren’t 150 ft according to Enoch but 450 feet here’s what I was saying though

[Chapter 7]
1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants.

And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed 4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones

Later Enoch returns to the narrative and touches on it in chapter 15-16

Chapter 15]
1 And He answered and said to me, and I heard His voice: 'Fear not, Enoch, thou righteous man and scribe of righteousness: approach hither and hear my voice.

And go, say to the Watchers of heaven, who have sent thee to intercede for them: "You should intercede" for men, and not men for you: Wherefore have ye left the high, holy, and eternal heaven, and lain with women, and defiled yourselves with the daughters of men and taken to yourselves wives, and done like the children of earth, and begotten giants (as your) sons?

And though ye were holy, spiritual, living the eternal life, you have defiled yourselves with the blood of women, and have begotten (children) with the blood of flesh, and, as the children of men, have lusted after flesh and blood as those also do who die and perish.

Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth. But you were formerly spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world.

And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling. And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin; they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called. [

As for the spirits of heaven, in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling.] And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless hunger and thirst, and cause offences. And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them.
[Chapter 16]
1 From the days of the slaughter and destruction and death of the giants, from the souls of whose flesh the spirits, having gone forth, shall destroy without incurring judgement -thus shall they destroy until the day of the consummation, the great judgement in which the age shall be 2 consummated, over the Watchers and the godless, yea, shall be wholly consummated." And now as to the watchers who have sent thee to intercede for them, who had been aforetime in heaven, (say 3 to them): "You have been in heaven, but all the mysteries had not yet been revealed to you, and you knew worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts you have made known to the women, and through these mysteries women and men work much evil on earth." 4 Say to them therefore: " You have n

what I’m saying is if we are discussing the book of Enoch you have a lot of great points , none of this is in the Bible though and the Bible doesn’t reference these things but for a verse in genesis . If it were true the Bible would be riddled with references to these events being the reason mankind fell into sin

the Bible says man fell into sin because we transgressed and ate the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil . Enoch says the angels taught mankind forbidden knowledge and ways of war ect and the knowledge came from the angels rather than from mans transgression in Eden

Just my own opinion Enoch is an ancient text but is a narrative and not inspired of God other people accept it which I have no issue with I just myself see sommuch contradiction according to what’s in the Bible and why man fell

many other reasons where is one giants bone ? We find dinosaur bones all the time but these 450 foot giants there isn’t one shred of evidence of thier exostamcd we find men from 5000 years ago but not a single giant toe bone or skull

how would a woman bear gigantic baby bigger than herself ? A lot of reason I personally don’t believe in the Enoch narrative but others do and I’m perfectly fine with it
I'm not fine with it. And this is why.

The intended message from Gen 6 is that the godly men in Adam/Seth's camp were supposed to marry women from among them who believed in a coming redeemer who would judge the world and remain faithful to the revelation of God that they had. (Enoch did prophesy of the Coming of the Lord, and so they did have a theology that included that) In Chapter 4 they began to call upon the name of the Lord because Cain's people were not.

They were saying we are the sons of God, because those other people are exceeding wicked, thrust out from the presence of the Lord and are living wickedly. But they began to compromise, they saw how these women were fair (Cain's daughters are mentioned in Chapter 4 with names that meant pleasant and fair) then they began to fall away by taking wives from Cain's people and they joined them in wickedness.

Soon only Noah and his family were left of the sons of God who walked with God. All the others had fallen away and had joined the wicked pursuits of their wicked wives and that is a message that keeps being preached throughout the whole bible. We are not to compromise with the world and if we do we will not be saved. God is still calling out a holy "people of God" to be separate from the wickedness of the world. THAT IS THE MESSAGE

When people fall for the Greek gnostic nonsense invented by these Jewish/Greek syncretic cult behind the pseunonomous writings under the false name written in about 165 BC give or take, they are polluting the main message which is applicable to your daily life today. That is why it is NOT OK to do that.

The devil and his hordes are still trying to get believers to fall away to worldliness and ungodliness in thought and actions and using the same methods as always, enticing them with pretty women is still a main strategy of darkness. We must be children of light, sons of God, a separate people who refuse to compromise.

The devil is still enticing men with wicked women and wicked women still enjoy having the power to make a preacher man fall.

That is a real problem today. Many women are ensnared by the need to be considered desirable by men and many men are willing to trade eternal life for a few minutes of pleasure.

But it is also the subtle way that the godly can be lead astray by entertainment that glorifies and celebrates worldly things. They want to "fit in" so they compromise. They don't want people to think they are "holier than thou" so they tolerate too much. Soon they are no longer walking with God and have backslidden. We are fooling ourselves if we don't think the same battles still rage. We must not forget the message in Gen 6 as a "Law of First Reference" it has nothing to do with angels and everything to do with the separation of godly men from the ungodly.

The angel hybrid giant baby Greek mythology robs the reader of the call to holiness today. They can talk about the angel myth all day with glee and enthusiasm while never repenting of their worldliness.

That is why this myth is NOT OK for believers to believe or spread.

Truth01

May 7, 2022
Your right = the FACTS are in the Bible for us to SEE = pray that the LORD will OPEN your eyes = which means your heart is hard and needs some Heavenly LIFT ASSIST

Don't be offended by this for WE ALL NEED HIM to do this for us.

Ya gotta let go to be GOOD2GO
Apologies if you thought the last statement I said was not good. Was just randomly quoting what another member here had said. The verse you quoted is good, but I think you have misunderstood it. The first part is dealing with the Angel's and how they are an example of things to come. The second part is dealing with Sodom and Gomorah and how they are an example of things to come. You are overlapping the explanation.. see below.

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;

That part is separate from the part below.

as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Jesus said that when we go to heaven we will be like the Angel's that do not marry. So if the sons of God were Angel's they would not have been able to marry the sons of men because they also do not marry. I believe I'm seeing this clear, what is your view of this?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I'm not fine with it. And this is why.

The intended message from Gen 6 is that the godly men in Adam/Seth's camp were supposed to marry women from among them who believed in a coming redeemer who would judge the world and remain faithful to the revelation of God that they had. (Enoch did prophesy of the Coming of the Lord, and so they did have a theology that included that) In Chapter 4 they began to call upon the name of the Lord because Cain's people were not.

They were saying we are the sons of God, because those other people are exceeding wicked, thrust out from the presence of the Lord and are living wickedly. But they began to compromise, they saw how these women were fair (Cain's daughters are mentioned in Chapter 4 with names that meant pleasant and fair) then they began to fall away by taking wives from Cain's people and they joined them in wickedness.

Soon only Noah and his family were left of the sons of God who walked with God. All the others had fallen away and had joined the wicked pursuits of their wicked wives and that is a message that keeps being preached throughout the whole bible. We are not to compromise with the world and if we do we will not be saved. God is still calling out a holy "people of God" to be separate from the wickedness of the world. THAT IS THE MESSAGE

When people fall for the Greek gnostic nonsense invented by these Jewish/Greek syncretic cult behind the pseunonomous writings under the false name written in about 165 BC give or take, they are polluting the main message which is applicable to your daily life today. That is why it is NOT OK to do that.

The devil and his hordes are still trying to get believers to fall away to worldliness and ungodliness in thought and actions and using the same methods as always, enticing them with pretty women is still a main strategy of darkness. We must be children of light, sons of God, a separate people who refuse to compromise.

The devil is still enticing men with wicked women and wicked women still enjoy having the power to make a preacher man fall.

That is a real problem today. Many women are ensnared by the need to be considered desirable by men and many men are willing to trade eternal life for a few minutes of pleasure.

But it is also the subtle way that the godly can be lead astray by entertainment that glorifies and celebrates worldly things. They want to "fit in" so they compromise. They don't want people to think they are "holier than thou" so they tolerate too much. Soon they are no longer walking with God and have backslidden. We are fooling ourselves if we don't think the same battles still rage. We must not forget the message in Gen 6 as a "Law of First Reference" it has nothing to do with angels and everything to do with the separation of godly men from the ungodly.

The angel hybrid giant baby Greek mythology robs the reader of the call to holiness today. They can talk about the angel myth all day with glee and enthusiasm while never repenting of their worldliness.

That is why this myth is NOT OK for believers to believe or spread.
yeah just to be clear I don’t myself believe it but it’s not in my control what others believe and share. You can take that view which also is fine with me nothing to me really .

some believe enochs books are genuine , others like myself see it as an ancient Jewish text which is scientifically proven to bc 200 some think it’s of God others don’t I’m in the camp that it’s very contradictory to the Bible and it’s message

people who look into what the Bible actually says ll come to the conclusion themselves it isn’t anything to do with me what others choose to believe and share though just like you . It’s not in your power or authority to change anything others think and believe and share.

my ooont is we’re all free to believe whatever we choose. Some believe in Bigfoot and others don’t. Maybe the giants ate thoer dead lol like bigfoot ?