Were you a ever a bully?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusMyOnly

Senior Member
Jun 30, 2014
880
15
0
I have seen at least two posted questions related to bullying. Bullying and how to deal with it. But I'm just curious if anyone here has ever been a bully and how did you over come that?
 
I was a bully the first few weeks every year when the first year students arrived at our res, but after a month or so I would take all of the first year's on our block and sit down with them and get to know these guys. Normally as soon as you are close to people you start to respect them as an equal.
 
No, I was too wrapped up in myself years ago. Rude to my peers as a teenager? Yes, for the most part. I was very anti-conformist at an early age; a rebel without a cause, but not a "bully" per se to anyone.

Then I grew up and developed compassion and a sense of empathy. Sometimes I think the bullies are not so much the ones that are arrogant and/or volatile, but the ones that knowingly allow bad deeds to go unhindered when they have an opportunity to intercede.
 
I didn't start anything but I ended it. As a kid you just don't know anything but to fight when somebody won't leave you alone.
 
I always seemed to fight for the ones who couldn't fight for themselves....making sure everyone was not taken advantage of....the defender of the weak......where In truth..... I was just an angry little girl...I just thought ......if I fought for a cause the fighting would be right.....I was always looking for a good reason to fight...I'm still the same .....I just let God do my fighting now.....