Western Churches. Are they becoming Worldly?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The Church of Christ, sings from hymn books and they don't have music in worship. They believe that they are the one true church and is the same Church of Christ that is mentioned in the Bible.
They also believe that you have to be a baptised member of their church to go to heaven, which is far from the truth.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The Church of Christ, sings from hymn books and they don't have music in worship. They believe that they are the one true church and is the same Church of Christ that is mentioned in the Bible.
When I was a teenager, I had temporarily attended the so called "Church of Christ" and they taught me that ONLY "their" church is the "True Church" and they quoted Romans 16:16 in an effort to support their claim because it mentions the specific words, "churches of Christ. Such a silly claim! I guess those who attend the Church of God denomination could also try to use these verses (Acts 20:28; 1 Corinthians 1:22; 10:32; 11:22 etc..) in an effort to teach they are the only "true Church" as well because those verses use the specific words, "church of God."

They also taught me that musical instruments are nowhere to be found in the New Testament during worship and are forbidden to be used during worship in church and result in worshipping God in vain. The Church of Christ that I temporarily attended sang acapella ONLY during worship and practically condemned other churches that used musical instruments during worship.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
They also believe that you have to be a baptised member of their church to go to heaven, which is far from the truth.
It was a friend who invited me to attend the Church of Christ that I mentioned in post #82. His Aunt was a very devout and thoroughly indoctrinated member of the Church of Christ. I'll never forget several years later running into my friend's Aunt at my friend's daughter's birthday party. Since then, I had received Christ through faith and was now a born again Christian. I shared this good news with his Aunt and the only question that she had for me was, "where do you attend church?" When my answer was not "the Church of Christ," she bowed her head in sadness as if to imply that I was still lost because I didn't say the Church of Christ. Her husband approached me and I shared the good news with him that I received Christ through faith and am now a Christian as well and he had the same question, "where do you attend church," and when I told him and the answer was not the church of Christ, his eyes glazed over followed by a cheesy legalistic grin on his face and he simply walked away from me and neither of them would speak with me for the rest of the night. I knew that something was terribly wrong! I could hear them both over in the corner going on and on about "salvation by water baptism" and "ONLY the Church of Christ is the True Church." I quickly came to realize they were deceived.

presidente

May 29, 2013
I can understand your concern.

But I wanted to point out that if it id milk being given, that is good. I Corinthians is milk.

K

Kim82

Such a silly claim! I guess those who attend the Church of God denomination could also try to use these verses (Acts 20:28; 1 Corinthians 1:22; 10:32; 11:22 etc..) in an effort to teach they are the only "true Church" as well because those verses use the specific words, "church of God."
Yes, quite silly.