What are some of your biggest turnoffs?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
I have a lot of tattoos, I have a full sleeve and plenty of others. I’m glad you all think I’m unattractive 😁🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 I’m a lady btw

It doesn’t bother me at all! My tattoos are incredibly feminine, very colorful done in an American traditional style. I get many compliments all the time when I walk around. To each their own. I don’t plan on getting any more since I’m born again. But I don’t have regrets either.

I look at what’s inside someone’s heart and their attitude. That’s what makes or breaks attractiveness to me
If you got the impression I was trying to make you feel less attractive for having tattoos, then I apologize. That wasn't my intention.

One of the great things about life is that beauty is subjective. For every person that finds tattoos a turnoff, there's another that finds them to be a turnon.

And I agree with you. What matters most is what's on the inside, not the outside.

Again, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I hope you can forgive me. ❤️

Nov 26, 2012
I have a lot of tattoos, I have a full sleeve and plenty of others. I’m glad you all think I’m unattractive 😁🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 I’m a lady btw

It doesn’t bother me at all! My tattoos are incredibly feminine, very colorful done in an American traditional style. I get many compliments all the time when I walk around. To each their own. I don’t plan on getting any more since I’m born again. But I don’t have regrets either.

I look at what’s inside someone’s heart and their attitude. That’s what makes or breaks attractiveness to me
What makes you think we find you unattractive because of your tattoos? I think some ink is sexy. My comment was based on people not thinking through the design and location. When I was 18 I was debating to get a mistletoe tattooed below my navel. Around Christmas time at the bars, before I knew Christ, it would have been hilarious. As a Christian father of four, I would never take my shirt off.

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
If you got the impression I was trying to make you feel less attractive for having tattoos, then I apologize. That wasn't my intention.

One of the great things about life is that beauty is subjective. For every person that finds tattoos a turnoff, there's another that finds them to be a turnon.

And I agree with you. What matters most is what's on the inside, not the outside.

Again, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I hope you can forgive me. ❤️
Thanks for apologizing but it wasn’t necessary. I knew when I got my tattoos that people would judge me for my outside appearance. I signed up for that willingly. I’m a very confident girl in who I am, what my outside appearance is and who God made me, my uniqueness under Him.

I think when people see me they will notice first my big smile and my kind nature, after the obvious tattoos. I have a very positive attitude, I always have. I am a friendly and kind person.But thank you nonetheless 😃

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
backhanded compliments, or someone who is constantly commenting on everything you say or do. Am I going out with a person or a judge?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Particularly when it comes to the opposite sex? Here are a few of mine.

1. Too much makeup. To be honest, I used to be completely turned off by makeup altogether. But now I feel differently. I think a little makeup is okay because it shows that a woman cares about her appearance. And that's an attractive trait to me. But I still think some women overdo it.

2. Bad temper. From my experience, few things are worse in life than dealing with a woman that's pissed off at you.

3. Tattoos and piercings. Nothing against women that have either or both. It's their body and they should be able to do whatever they want with it. I just don't find either attractive personally.

Your turn. Have at it. :p
Good topic. For me...

1. Having no specific interests, passions or favorite pastimes. I don't want to hear "Oh, whatever's fun" or "shopping, hanging with friends". Puh-LEEEZE.

2. Excessive tattoos. I cannot stand the "sleeve" on a woman. It only masculanizes her, IMO. A cute little tattoo in one or two spots is fine. I wouldn't mind if my wife had a "tramp stamp". But, other than that, no.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Hmmm...
Cocky
Arrogant
Self absorbed
Not a doer of the Word. (Uses christianity like an accessory to meet a specific type of lady, but has no real relationship with Jesus)
Spouts off lame pick up lines to try to impress
Defensive when being questioned and not willing to apologize when wrong
Dishonest
Oh, and poor hygiene.
I find it easier to look past physical things if their character is healthy. :)
Even poor hygiene?

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
I guess the list is kinda endless
example..😊 "whenever they speak saliva keeps shooting outta their mouth and they aren't even eating any food"🤢🤢🤮🤮

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I should add sloppy weight or very poor physical conditioning. I made this same statement in another thread. The lady may or may not be able to do anything about it, but I cannot get passed that.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Actually, one of my biggest turn-offs is when I look in the mirror at myself :D
🤣🤣🤣🤣...
I had the very same experience for years till I realised that mirrors are actually habitual liars..😊😊..they never show us exactly how others see us..
Then when I saw myself in other peoples photos I got put off AGAIN..🤣
Question then...do photos tell lies too just like mirrors do?🤔🤣

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
🤣🤣🤣🤣...
I had the very same experience for years till I realised that mirrors are actually habitual liars..😊😊..they never show us exactly how others see us..
Then when I saw myself in other peoples photos I got put off AGAIN..🤣
Question then...do photos tell lies too just like mirrors do?🤔🤣
No... they're heartless purveyors of cold, hard truths.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
No... they're heartless purveyors of cold, hard truths.
So all this time they were trying to convet me a truth that I just simpily denied the existence of?..🤔🤔
Oh well that means I owe them a massive apology...
They were trying to tell me that I looked 1000000% magnificent and I didn't belive them..😉😉😊😊🤣🤣

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
So all this time they were trying to convet me a truth that I just simpily denied the existence of?..🤔🤔
Oh well that means I owe them a massive apology...
They were trying to tell me that I looked 1000000% magnificent and I didn't belive them..😉😉😊😊🤣🤣
I was referring to MY mirrors and MY photos. I haven't seen yours, and so I cannot attest to their integrity :D

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
I was referring to MY mirrors and MY photos. I haven't seen yours, and so I cannot attest to their integrity :D
🤣🤣
Well that's the thing you see...All mirrors and all photos follow the same "code of visual conduct".This is universal...it's contractual..✍🏻
So this means if my mirrors and photos are actually trying to convey that iam in no way as bad as how I perceive myself...then your mirrors and photos are trying to convey exactly they same thing..👍🏻😊😊😊
Body dysmorphia/low self esteem ect are mirrors and photos bitter rival enemies💥💥💪💪