What are some of your biggest turnoffs?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
Well, I think this thread started off as one to focus on the non-negotiable turn-off(s). To have a list of preferences and anti-preferences, though, I think is good. We should know what we want. But, we also need to be at a point where we can say, "If I can find 2/3 of what I'm looking for, that person's a catch." Reasonable compromise in seeking a mate is good, in my opinion.

I agree and Im not solidly rigid.
Compromise is always negotiable but to settle brings disappointment.

I'm sure I myself could not fulfil another's highest list of desires.

But two must have things in common to be able to bond otherwise they live separate lives.

I also realize each needs their own space and interest....can't find my bookend..😆

I like facial hair,a lot of men don't and won't grow it.

Inside is where I look for the true person....my daughter says I'm naive.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I agree and Im not solidly rigid.
Compromise is always negotiable but to settle brings disappointment.

I'm sure I myself could not fulfil another's highest list of desires.

But two must have things in common to be able to bond otherwise they live separate lives.

I also realize each needs their own space and interest....can't find my bookend..😆

I like facial hair,a lot of men don't and won't grow it.

Inside is where I look for the true person....my daughter says I'm naive.
You seem to have a respectable balance. I'm surprised you cannot find someone with facial hair. That's all I see lately.

Not sure what makes you naive, though.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
No no! Think of it like a Pixar-esque plot, The Secret Lives of Mirrors. You can have one mirror, call her Drew, who has a beef against one particular customer in, say, a department store. She deliberately distorts the lady's image just to mess with her.
Seems like the whole phenomena of rebellious independent thinking mirrors then could be a massive hit then.
With any plain glass that's promoted to becoming a mirror being caught up in this rebellion against the "establishment to serve humans"..Movie captioned saying
"JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR"😮😮😮

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Seems like the whole phenomena of rebellious independent thinking mirrors then could be a massive hit then.
With any plain glass that's promoted to becoming a mirror being caught up in this rebellion against the "establishment to serve humans"..Movie captioned saying
"JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR"😮😮😮
EXXXXCCCCEELLLENT!!!

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Geeezz... you're good!
Yep I am most definitely up to speed in understanding the moral dynamics about obedient/disobedient mirrors and photos..
Hence it can be of putting on a date to try and impress a woman on a date by mentioning all this stuff..😄

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
You seem to have a respectable balance. I'm surprised you cannot find someone with facial hair. That's all I see lately.

Not sure what makes you naive, though.

I like people and I can't stand to sit around silent either@ an appt or even shopping. I strike up conversations with complete strangers and find a lot of people just need to sometimes let their pain out. She thinks I'm naive bc I listen and try to believe what I hear and see.
People tell more from expressions and their essence than words tell
She and I are two different personalities,she is much more aware of worldly people than I am,therefore she thinks I buy everything hook line and sinker (naivety)

Lol as for facial hair,it's just a part of my preferences.

I'm in my 60's so the fish pool is very limited on people who want too or will comoromise

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
imagine if we had a thread in the singles forum about what turns people on instead of what turns people off.

Would that even be allowed? Possibly everyone will come out of the woodwork if that happened.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
imagine if we had a thread in the singles forum about what turns people on instead of what turns people off.

Would that even be allowed? Possibly everyone will come out of the woodwork if that happened.
The only problem there is that there might be some stuff described that may cross lines. Maybe.

taito2000

Feb 24, 2018
My turnoffs are a few things that have already been mentioned here; tattoos and arrogance. I can handle one or two, but an entire arm of them is such a turnoff. Arrogance especially because when the person I talk to is just acting like they’re better than me, it’s so dumb. What’s especially a turnoff is specific to me; it’s when a person can’t handle me having epilepsy. When I have to justify it and they can’t look at me for me, it’s so annoying.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
My turnoffs are a few things that have already been mentioned here; tattoos and arrogance. I can handle one or two, but an entire arm of them is such a turnoff. Arrogance especially because when the person I talk to is just acting like they’re better than me, it’s so dumb. What’s especially a turnoff is specific to me; it’s when a person can’t handle me having epilepsy. When I have to justify it and they can’t look at me for me, it’s so annoying.
hmm well not everyone would know what to do if you had an epileptic fit I suppose.

most people that 'act better' are probably just doing that ... acting. If they were real, they would show up their flaws and be a bit dumb or clueless like everyone else that isnt acting. Our real lives arent scripted and we cant just say lines all the time.

taito2000

Feb 24, 2018
hmm well not everyone would know what to do if you had an epileptic fit I suppose.

most people that 'act better' are probably just doing that ... acting. If they were real, they would show up their flaws and be a bit dumb or clueless like everyone else that isnt acting. Our real lives arent scripted and we cant just say lines all the time.
It’s where the basic conversation starts with a woman. If I’m making progress with her, I clarify whether or not she can handle my epilepsy.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
It’s where the basic conversation starts with a woman. If I’m making progress with her, I clarify whether or not she can handle my epilepsy.
Always put your best -- not dishonest, but best -- foot forward. As she gets to know you and appreciate your finer points, then the less appealing stuff can be revealed. First impressions matter.

It took me a year before I showed my girl-friend all the bodies.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
If she doesn't laugh or even chuckle at my jokes..bit of a deal breaker..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
If she doesn't laugh or even chuckle at my jokes..bit of a deal breaker..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Kind of like in that episode of Seinfeld, in which Jerry was dating a girl who never laughed, but then met her roommate, who did.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Kind of like in that episode of Seinfeld, in which Jerry was dating a girl who never laughed, but then met her roommate, who did.
🤣🤣🤣...be like summer without the sun..🌅
Well unless my humour or jokes ect are just so terribliy lame.😮..she will have to submit a medical certificate to verify that her facial muscles that create laughter ect are not working...📃

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
🤣🤣🤣...be like summer without the sun..🌅
Well unless my humour or jokes ect are just so terribliy lame.😮..she will have to submit a medical certificate to verify that her facial muscles that create laughter ect are not working...📃
And make sure she doesn't eat her peas one at a time, either. Sheesh. Some women!

:D