What are the desires of your heart?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wwjd_kilden

I think the most important one is that I want to be more patient, and get better at listening to God rather than just rant away at Him.
As part of that I would like to learn to discern better what He says and what I make up....

S

sixcolorfulsouls

Now thats a good thought

S

sixcolorfulsouls

I don't think I ever really had a chance to think to deeply about it. all I want is just to have a good womens hand in mine when I walk and talk with her.

N

NinJaGGS

The heart is quiet rather than noisy, intuitive rather than deductive, lives entirely in the present, and is, at every moment, accepting of the reality God gives in that moment. Moreover, the heart does not seek to distance or dominate anything or anyone by labeling…. It knows no fear, experiences no desire, and never finds the need to defend or justify itself. Unlike the mind, the heart never seeks to impose itself. It is patient and undemanding. (From Bread & Water, Wine & Oil by Father Melitios Webber).

Jul 25, 2005
To have influence and autonomy. To love and be loved. To have license to say I left my slice of the world a better place than when I found it. To see righteousness. To hear "Well done good and faithful servant."

B

Beloved57

Proverbs 13:12
Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
Although this verse speaks probably of the Second Coming, I can think of two things, when and if they come will be a tree of life to me.

Feb 9, 2007
Not to grieve and quench the Holy Spirit in my every day walk. To be sensitive to The Holy Spirit and to know his voice and to hear it clearly. To know God's callings and purposes for my life. To have the courage to obey it. To understand my portion and to leave the rest better than i found it. To see things as God does and know his heart. To be the Father I wanted but never had. To know how to forgive and love the unloveable. To have his eyes to see others. To have a big ole mansion that needs fixing up with many rooms that peeps that need a safe place to stay and to experience God's Love can help restore. So that others can have a hot shower or bath, clean clothes, good food, God's word and fellowship. A place to stay to get back on their feet. OK lunch is ova have to go back to work. :p started praying a dozen years ago this prayer and i pray it lots. Father give me the heart of David, the Wisdom of Solomon, the faith of Abraham, and the perserverance of job.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
First and foremost, to be all that God created me to be and to fulfill his plan for my life.

After that, not much else matters. I've always been a man of modest means and simple desires.