What are the most important qualities in a potential spouse?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GhostWolf

Member
May 16, 2015
67
0
6
Like the title says, What are the most important qualities or virtues you look for in a potential spouse. I've been thinking about this for a long time and for me personally it would have to be Honesty and understanding.

I'm just curious what others think are important.
 
Hey, GhostWolf. Welcome to CC.

This thread has been repeated so many times in the past two months.


I repeat, this thread has been repeated so many times in the past two months.




I repeat, this thread has been repeated so many times in the past two months.




Now if you pardon me, my fingers ache from typing this ...

r89b.gif



Jus' kiddin'.. Welcome to the Singles Asylum!
 
It can be a catch 22 though... resurrecting a dead thread, or starting a new one. People seem to get grumpy either way you work it.
 
It can be a catch 22 though... resurrecting a dead thread, or starting a new one. People seem to get grumpy either way you work it.

Unless it is about food. Or chocolates. :rolleyes:

Jokes aside, I agree with your view. This is a conundrum.
 
Speaking of chocolate.

Being made of chocolate would definitely make a potential date more attractive. Shortbread would also be an attractive material to make a man out of (what? I like shortbread more than gingerbread).

Also ummm… if he comes with a lifetime supply of ice cream that would be good too.

Oh and he should be human and born on planet Earth (sorry Roh, Lynx, and possibly a few of the other animals here).


Ok now for a serious answer: Character, courage, stability, and must have a good sense of humor. Yeah I think that's a good short list.
 
Speaking of chocolate.

Being made of chocolate would definitely make a potential date more attractive.

I dated a Belgian once. I've also dated a Dutch. I also dated a very tall, dark and handsome one as well. I've dated one that was semi-sweet, ones that are quite raw, I've dated kinds that are good for Snickers, kinds that give you a Boost, even ones that think they're bit of a Smartie.

But these were all chocolate, of course.

UK-candy.jpg
 
Okay! Seems the thread has been derailed already.


GhostWolf: Please excuse our flippancy. As some have said, we see this topic regularly - to the point that we're reduced to either making jokes or screaming.

For your convenience I've listed a few other threads on this topic.

http://christianchat.com/christian-singles-forum/20865-what-your-most-important-qualities-mate.html
http://christianchat.com/christian-singles-forum/52407-what-qualities-do-women-look-man.html
http://christianchat.com/christian-...-women-what-do-you-look-potential-spouse.html

And you can always count on seoulsearch to turn it around...
http://christianchat.com/christian-...-do-you-have-offer-potential-date-spouse.html


Enjoy, and please feel free to come back to this thread if you still have questions. Don't let us scare you off with our "oh no, not this again" stuff.
 
Insight, ability to listen, ability to be tolerant, to speak their mind and be truthful. Considerate and of course trustworthy.
 
Like the title says, What are the most important qualities or virtues you look for in a potential spouse. I've been thinking about this for a long time and for me personally it would have to be Honesty and understanding.

I'm just curious what others think are important.
I agree,absalotly honesty and understanding are very important.
 
Outside of looking for a devoted Christian, I look for a curious mind, someone with a few thoughts, compassion, someone who makes me laugh, can be honest with who they are - good and bad... and someone who can talk things through.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mailmandan
Oh and he should be human and born on planet Earth (sorry Roh, Lynx, and possibly a few of the other animals here).

And I thought that I could win your heart by morphing into a philosoraptor. Pfft. :rolleyes:

On a serious note - love for God, honesty, clarity in thought, open to change and a good sense of humour. If she cannot play water gun fights or build couch forts, she is not my type. Apart from these qualities, she has to be a foodie, share a similar taste in music, love to travel, work out/play a sport and must find people beautiful. She should have some hobbies, a career and a personal life which can keep her occupied even if we are together.