What are you listening to?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I cannot fault him on this, and he made a good answer. I think it was aplanned up layoff. Was very prepared for it, and points to the ones questioning. Good answer, true answer. Can you disagree with his answer, even if you wanted another prez? What did he run on? Staying or going? Be honest. Polling trustnumbers go down, when taliban takes over, just a fact. He ran against Trump, both ran on ending it, and handing it over to the afghans. Both needed your votes, that country was sacrificed. Just politics. Make a thread, but you cannot blame him for that. Even if the outcome is bad. Each people have the right to selfdetermination, even if it does not suit your ethics, you do not live in the gulf, neither do I, we cannot judge fairly.
Ugh... for the peace of this thread and to keep it on topic... I'm keeping my response to this to myself.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ

Google is off its nut. They still have the "Share" button at their site. But when you get the URL to "share" you can't. People you share with have to click and be taken to YT itself. Or is this something that only happens with CCM artists work? The Pluto meditation video posted as is.
Yeah, I use DuckDuckGo most of the time now.

Not listening to anything at the moment, no songs going through my head. Just... the sound of my frig and keyboard.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Yeah, I use DuckDuckGo most of the time now.

Not listening to anything at the moment, no songs going through my head. Just... the sound of my frig and keyboard.
From time to time lyrics will repeat in my mind. Even commercial jingles.

Maybe it's God's way to get my attention? Short pieces of a song, some of the words do get my attention, so I try to see if there is something I should consider about them.

Sometimes yes, most times not.

Or, it could be a consistent one sentence piece of advice.

"Stop being impressed upon by music! But a pair of Bose noise canceling headphones." :ROFL: :cool:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
From time to time lyrics will repeat in my mind. Even commercial jingles.

Maybe it's God's way to get my attention?
This is one of the reasons I stopped listening to secular music altogether.

I don't want such things repeating themselves in my head
I want Godly things stuck in my head

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
This is one of the reasons I stopped listening to secular music altogether.

I don't want such things repeating themselves in my head
I want Godly things stuck in my head
In my case, most all I listen to now days is contemporary Christian music.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
In my case, most all I listen to now days is contemporary Christian music.
around 1993-94 i stopped listening to anything by any artist that had not made some kind of confession of faith in Christ
back then there really wasn't a lot of 'CCM' to choose from, but as it turns out it was right around the beginning of a big explosion of Christian 'alternative' musicians -- so in retrospect it was 'right on time'

nowadays i listen to a few secular artists, but not many - and i am way more discerning about it. i believe it was from God, to do what i did, and i would advise any young believer to, tho i wouldn't call it 'sin' if you don't. it was helpful, in a lot of ways

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Bethel Music - Goodness of God w/lyrics

Austin French - Born Again w/ lyrics

G

Godsgirl83

As a boy I grew up singing with the Mohawk people of Akwasasne Mohawk Nation (located on the St Lawrence River). It has been many years since I've heard these songs and my hope is to preserve them for future generations. There were songs birthed in the hearts of Mohawks who had just met Jesus and they express the joy of their new found hope. I remember there being several people who couldn't speak English but were touched by the love across the language barrier and expressed it in their own way. This is a glimpse into that time of transition. I hope you enjoy this song! Translation is as follows:

The righteous will go with God
They are celebrating and singing
Jesus is merciful, Jesus is merciful
He finished the matter at the cross

A thought, a holy group
Angels are also fortunate (chorus)

Believers, keeping them alive
God himself, it is his work (chorus)

They will say, He is Holy
He is Holy, He is Holy. (chorus)