What are you reading?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tinuviel

The Tragedy Othello, the Moor of Venice. Followed by the Laurence Olivier film, and a bunch of sloppy tears. Why do I do this to myself? :p

L

LaVieEnRose

I am currently reading The Robert Benchley Roundup, compiled by his son. Benchley was a humorist and a member of The Algonquin Table. He wrote shorts for Hollywood. His brand of humor appeals to me very much. He is not absurd, but very silly about every day experiences.

L

LaVieEnRose

Some of Benchley WAS absurd, all of the articles were very humorous. I enjoyed myself immensely while reading them. I am going to start reading a novel called Angel by Dubose Heyward. The novel was written in 1926. Heyward wrote the novel Porgy, which is the original material for the operetta Porgy and Bess.

Feb 28, 2016
once again Romans - such an intense and powerful Book, even after all of these many years of reading it,
I can hardly put it down...it's extremely comforting and terrifying at the same time...

L

LaVieEnRose

I finished reading my novel. It was pretty good, not great, but not horrible. Angel was a woman in the North Carolina Appalachian mountains. The book had a happy ending, which I always prefer.

I got a book off my shelf that I thought was a biography, but I read the jacket blurb and it is a novel about Zelda Fitzgerald. I’m going to read it anyway, although it is a fictionalized account of her life. It is called Z and it is by Therese Anne Fowler.

L

LaVieEnRose

I finished reading Z, and I have a new found appreciation for Zelda’s writing ability (she is not the author of Z, but Fitzgerald used passages from his wife’s diaries and letters in his own books. Zelda also wrote short stories her agent sold under her husband’s name as F. Scott Fitzgerald’s stories sold for $4000 each, and stories with Zelda’s name would not fetch nearly that much money).

I am now reading a romance called The King’s Rhapsody, about a princess who marries a king, he is unwilling. He loves his mistress of 20 years, and wants nothing to do with the virginal princess. She plans to MAKE her husband fall in love with her- pure fantasy. One person can not MAKE another fall in love. It’s not a very good book.

L

LaVieEnRose

I finished reading The King’s Rhapsody. It was not very good. I don’t reccommend it. I am now reading a scholarly tome about American folklore, essays by college professors explaining the science behind studying folklore.

It is called Our Living Traditions: An Introduction to American Folklore edited by Tristram Potter Coffin.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
It's been weeks since i finished, but i read Please Look After My Mom, by Kyung-sook Shin, a home-reading assign. of a child.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Joanna Lumleys memoir called No room for secrets. Am watching some of her docos where she goes to all these different places and has adventures. One of them she goes to find out where Noahs Ark is.

She was born in India but went to English boarding school and was taught by nuns.