What are you thoughts on Annihilation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Life is in the Blood.

Please explain HOW the blood of Able cried to God from the ground?
Because it was spilled. Notice where the blood cried from.

Also, scripture says "flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom..." So if life is in the blood (which is true)...then all of those who are dead "in Adam" are where Adam is.

So again the question is: where do you believe Adam is right now (if we're standing on what the Word says)? Did he return to dust or is he in heaven or hell?

And The Blood of Jesus speaks a better thing than the blood of Able.
Truly, because it was spilled from the sinless Son of the living God. The Messiah suffered death (our wage of sin). If our punishment is "eternal suffering alive" then the Messiah should still be suffering eternally right now.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Because it was spilled. Notice where the blood cried from.

Also, scripture says "flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom..." So if life is in the blood (which is true)...then all of those who are dead "in Adam" are where Adam is.

So again the question is: where do you believe Adam is right now (if we're standing on what the Word says)? Did he return to dust or is he in heaven or hell?

Truly, because it was spilled from the sinless Son of the living God. The Messiah suffered death (our wage of sin). If our punishment is "eternal suffering alive" then the Messiah should still be suffering eternally right now.
dear friend,
the blood was crying out from the body of Able not from in the body of Able :).

The Bible doesn't say where Adam is so I cannot assume,

The word of God says that he is dead however, I do know where Jesus is the second Adam and HE who was dead is alive forevermore :) And because HE lives I shall also.

Jesus said He who believes in me yet were he dead, he shall live and he who believes in my Shall never die :)

Jesus is the Way the Truth and the life :). Jesus said Hellis eternal. Your argument is with Him, not me :)

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
"I don't think you read any of my presenting arguments. To say the wicked are tormented for all eternity means you either believe,"

1. Christ did not pay the penalty for our sin by dying on the cross--the death we deserved.
2. Or you would have to believe that he is in eternal torment now paying the penalty for our sin.

The context of hell is not for the believer. So your point is 1. suggesting all are saved because of what Jesus did on the Cross or we have to believe Jesus is suffering in hell.

That is so left field and no one here even believes such a thing or has said that.
Where did I say all are saved? Please cut and copy the quote. The bible is clear that Christ died for all, but only those who believe in Him and repent receive the gift of eternal life.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
the Punishment is carried out forever :) as Jesus said. Jesus is the final authority on the topic HE said it is forever Life or everlasting hell :)
Note CSI, I simply quoted scripture, whereas you spoke from your own viewpoint.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
The bible is clear. The punishment for sin is DEATH.

" "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.""
Death is the eternal punishMENT--it does not say punishING---this death is final and there is no coming back from it.
So Gardenias you disagree with Scripture?

CS1

May 23, 2012
Where did I say all are saved? Please cut and copy the quote. The bible is clear that Christ died for all, but only those who believe in Him and repent receive the gift of eternal life.
where did you say they are not?

you either believe,"
1. Christ did not pay the penalty for our sin by dying on the cross--the death we deserved.

This is an unbiblical statement. The assumption is if you believe in eternal punishment as Jesus said that means one is saying Christ's payment of the cross did not work? Jesus did pay for the payment of all sin yet you can reject that gift :). If you could not reject it then why are we asked in Scripture how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? We will not.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
Comlpeted action. Ok, but Jesus contrasts eternal punishment with eternal life.
If we beileve eternal punishment is not really eternal, are we also to believe eternal life is not eternal either?

Math 25:46 “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

What does the Bible mean by "unquenchable fire" then? Math 3:12
The FIRE is unquenchable— then of course the thing burned is obliterated

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020

you either believe,"

This is an unbiblical statement. The assumption is if you believe in eternal punishment as Jesus said that means one is saying Christ's payment of the cross did not work? Jesus did pay for the payment of all sin yet you can reject that gift :). If you could not reject it then why are we asked in Scripture how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? We will not.
My point exactly. If one believes eternal torment is the wages of sin instead of death, that would mean one has to believe Jesus did not pay the penalty by dying

Aug 20, 2021
tell that to the people of Isreal who sacrificed the children to the god of beleck. God put them in captivity. The nation was over thrown by other nations and it is happening to America right now :)
Beleck It's masterbation sex ie Jezebel Have you ever Sacraficed?
Are you willing to be them for a moment ???????? So you can judge them! you have to be them in order to judge them. Or you have to have the mind of Christ.Systems overthrowing other system the way of the devil.The lights of a night club the deafening music the drums of talmud...that's to num are consciousness..such as with strip clubs even movies

S

SaltwaterGirl

Notice the phrase "blot out" in Revelation 3:5 below:

He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

So, according to the scriptures, we must ensure that our Father is pleased with us, right? ....so that our names aren't "blotted out" from the Book of Life. The Greek word "blot out" means "gone" or "erased." As far as I can tell, it will be as if we never existed.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
"I don't think you read any of my presenting arguments. To say the wicked are tormented for all eternity means you either believe,"

2. Or you would have to believe that he is in eternal torment now paying the penalty for our sin.

The context of hell is not for the believer. So your point is 1. suggesting all are saved because of what Jesus did on the Cross or we have to believe Jesus is suffering in hell.

That is so left field and no one here even believes such a thing or has said that.
Exactly—

that is exactly my point! That is what you have to believe if you believe the penalty is not death but eternal torment. Everyone who holds this position is saying EXACTLY THAT.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
dear friend,
the blood was crying out from the body of Able not from in the body of Able :).
???

But you said...
the blood of Able cried to God from the ground?
Which was right the first time.

Gen 4:10
And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

...it's what the bible says.

The Bible doesn't say where Adam is so I cannot assume,
But quite literally...

Gen 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
^...it's what the bible says. No assumption is needed. Do we accept what the bible says?

The word of God says that he is dead however, I do know where Jesus is the second Adam and HE who was dead is alive forevermore :)And because HE lives I shall also.

Jesus said He who believes in me yet were he dead, he shall live and he who believes in my Shall never die :)

Jesus is the Way the Truth and the life :). Jesus said Hellis eternal. Your argument is with Him, not me :)
Friend, we're talking about "in the 1st Adam" and the original problem the Messiah saved us from.

True or false: "He who does NOT believe in the Son of God yet were he dead, he shall live."

S

SaltwaterGirl

Sibs, let us keep in mind that we serve a gracious Father.

Mar 4, 2020
Comlpeted action. Ok, but Jesus contrasts eternal punishment with eternal life.
If we beileve eternal punishment is not really eternal, are we also to believe eternal life is not eternal either?

Math 25:46 “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
I believe only the righteous receive eternal life, no exceptions. So the unrighteous can't have eternal life in hell, then. "Eternal punishment" I interpret to mean death since death is permanent and a punishment. The Bible confirms the unrighteous are put to death.

I believe in keeping my faith consistent as much as possible. Therefore, I can only conclude Jesus is making a reference to the lake of fire where unrighteous will receive death which is an eternal punishment.

Revelation 21:8
8But to the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This is the second death.”

Aug 20, 2021
:mad:Wimps gentiles just say god. hell is wrong because it's overly mean.:(
???

But you said...

Which was right the first time.

Gen 4:10
And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

...it's what the bible says.

But quite literally...

^...it's what the bible says. No assumption is needed. Do we accept what the bible says?

Friend, we're talking about "in the 1st Adam" and the original problem the Messiah saved us from.

True or false: "He who does NOT believe in the Son of God yet were he dead, he shall live."
Well we aren't the earth = body any more then when we drive a car.For the life of me i don't know why i'm typing this just thought i should.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020

you either believe,"

This argument--that is my point EXACTLY. People that believe eternal torment is the punishment instead of death are actually DENYING Christ's death on the cross was the penalty--HE PAID THE PENALTY IN FULL. It shows how wrong it is to believe eternal torment is the punishment for sin --that it is what it means in the verse that says they "deny the Christ that bought them"

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
:mad:Wimps gentiles just say god. hell is wrong because it's overly mean.:(

Well we aren't the earth = body any more then when we drive a car.For the life of me i don't know why i'm typing this just thought i should.