What are your relationship dealbreakers?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Arrogant, People who think that they are better than others...they are called racists? 🤔 unkind and quarrelsome (arguments can't be avoided but if the person loves to argue I feel like that's not a good thing in a relationship... 😯
reminds me of some local musicians who talk the talk but can not deliver. all they're doing is making the situation worse by making a bad name for themselves.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Has anyone read Donald Trumps Art of the Deal?

That was an...amusing book. But sorry no to narcissists. You will forever be feeding narcissists and when you cut off their supply they get angry and play the martyr

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020
Has anyone read Donald Trumps Art of the Deal?

That was an...amusing book. But sorry no to narcissists. You will forever be feeding narcissists and when you cut off their supply they get angry and play the martyr
I haven’t read it and I’m not going to. My impression of him is that he’s not fit to be president. Maybe he’s good at the art of the deal, granted that the IRS accepts his interpretation of arm’s length transactions and cooking the books.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I don't want to be with a guy who smokes neither tobacco or pot. I also would prefer if he doesn't drink. All those things cost so much money and it would really annoy me if he's spending on that stuff.
A glass of wine once or twice a year is okay...like on New Years or Christmas. But again, would prefer no alcohol at all.

If he's divorced with kids...I don't think could handle that. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I would want to start fresh with someone, you know? I feel like I would be at a different point in life compared to him. I imagine being a second wife and stepmom is super hard. I'm the jealous type. I can't deal with that. lol

If he's dirty. I need my house to be clean. I get really anxious around unorganized places. I need him to help me keep the house clean. I'm talking can't lay on the bed until showered type guy.

I can't stand those stupid shows that mock God. Family Guy and South Park are a few. If he likes to watch those or other series/movies that mock God, I am out of there! He has to put God first and respect Him completely.

I know that I am pretty picky...but I would much rather be alone than to accept a guy that doesn't fit the above.
I believe I understand exactly where you are coming from...

My 'ideal' woman has never married and never been pregnant. Why? So that she and I are in the same place where our experience in life is concerned.

I think it probably works best if people marry someone else in their own 'status' - never-married, divorced, widowed, etc. - because of 'experiential' compatibility. I am not saying that no other combination is possible (will work out well) - only that I believe that - in general - it is best.

While it would certainly be a "bonus", I do not necessarily expect her to be a virgin.

I also do not want someone who is into smoking, tattoos, piercings, etc. - "unnatural" things.

I am willing to consider to-a-point the 'occasional glass of wine' idea; however, as a rule - I don't drink - and do not want her to be in that habit, either.

When it comes to some things - "picky" is okay. Don't "settle" by lowering your own high standard. And, never apologize for having a high standard.

And, there is nothing wrong with 'personal preferences' - so - let everyone find someone with "matching preferences"... (y) :coffee:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I haven’t read it and I’m not going to. My impression of him is that he’s not fit to be president. Maybe he’s good at the art of the deal, granted that the IRS accepts his interpretation of arm’s length transactions and cooking the books.
He didnt write it it was ghost written and the ghostwriter was a bit ashamed that he agreed to write it. Said it was like putting lipstick on a pig.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
For me it‘s tattoos and piercings and if I see my kids dating any girls with tattoos or piercings , I will beat the crap out of them.
Funny isn’t it how some Christians hate piercings despite the fact that God Himself gave His wife Israel earrings in her ears and a nose-ring in her nose… I just love that scripture 😁😆🦋

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
tattoos, smoking, drugs, excessive alcohol, uncleanliness, lack of energy, excessive tv watching & women who DO NOT live the role of a woman that God intended.
Lack of energy…wow…you will be putting away your future wife with a bill of divorcement due to hardness of heart before you know it. I’m so glad Jesus is tender-hearted and full of compassion-thank you for reminding me 😊👌

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
they....
can't be married, can't be same-gender as me, have to have an income, must be active enough to handle six children on a full time basis, must love me, preferably have no addictions (drinking, smoking, etc.), and can't be abusive in any form. I think that's about it :)
overall, I need to have a good feeling/vibe/discernment about them :)
Just love me would be great…

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Lack of energy…wow…you will be putting away your future wife with a bill of divorcement due to hardness of heart before you know it. I’m so glad Jesus is tender-hearted and full of compassion-thank you for reminding me 😊👌
just what are you talking about?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
? a wife cant have her beauty sleep? I dont think I could be with someone who was constantly on the go and never stopped to rest. Unless we were both marathon runners. IDK

Some marriages work by taking turns, one does the day shift, and one the night shift, esp when children need at least one adult with them and there is no nanny lol

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
If he has ever possessed a vagina as a part of his body...Imma have to say No thank ya. (Im referring to a person that was born female that has "transitioned" into a male looking person, just incase anyone was confused )

Dec 9, 2011
That they even talk to me to begin with is a red flag! lol
I agree,If they talk to you while they already have someone then they’ll talk to someone else when they are with you.
yep that should be a 🚩red flag.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If he has ever possessed a vagina as a part of his body...Imma have to say No thank ya. (Im referring to a person that was born female that has "transitioned" into a male looking person, just incase anyone was confused )

I think if that happend the trans would need go look for someone who did the opposite, who was a male that transitioned to a female and found their 'other half'

You dont have to be nasty in your rejection of someone. Just say, you not the one for me, but there will be someone else for you.