What are your thoughts on Near Death Experiences?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I think of death as a sacred experience: a transition from one state of existence to another. The physical body is shed, and the Spirit returns to God (Ecclesiastes 12:7) to await resurrection at the end of this age. The term, "near death experience," does not apply solely to those who almost die. It also applies to some who are very close to those who experience death.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Lazarus was dead 4 days and how does referencing a runaway slave from the book of Plilemon prove a near death experience......??
What I believe after read testimonies about Near death experience is death, the soul is out from the body.

The doctor may call Nde, Lazarus was death for 4 days,

Act 20

9 And a young man named Eutychus, sitting at the window, sank into a deep sleep as Paul talked still longer. And being overcome by sleep, he fell down from the third story and was taken up dead. 10 But Paul went down and bent over him, and taking him in his arms, said, “Do not be alarmed, for his life is in him.

Eutychus death for sometime.( sorry I was wrong, not oneshiphorus, but eutychus)

Elisha do the same

2 kings 4.
32 When Elisha came into the house, he saw the child lying dead on his bed. 33 So he went in and shut the door behind the two of them and prayed to the Lord. 34 Then he went up and lay on the child, putting his mouth on his mouth, his eyes on his eyes, and his hands on his hands. And as he stretched himself upon him, the flesh of the child became warm. 35 Then he got up again and walked once back and forth in the house, and went up and stretched himself upon him. The child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes. 36 Then he summoned Gehazi and said, “Call this Shunammite.” So he called her. And when she came to him, he said, “Pick up your son.” 37 She came and fell at his feet, bowing to the ground. Then she picked up her son and went out.

A young man in my cousin church die in the hospital for some time, than life only for view days, he say he meet Jesus and Jesus will take home, Jesus told him when, and it happen in the exact time like Jesus told him, he die again.

2 Kings 13:21 New International Version (NIV)
21 Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man’s body into Elisha’s tomb. When the body touched Elisha’s bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.

I believe NDE is wrong term. Is the soul out from the body it is death, not near death.

Seriously ill is NDE as long as the soul still in the body. But when soul out from the body, it is death

Mar 28, 2016
Near Death Experiences is seeing things that are not there, vainly puffed up by ones fleshly mind or imagination .

All of what are called out of the body experiences .They in reality are lying spirits bring in false information in to a fleshly mind. It can perform many mind tricks .

Jesus experienced the workings of the god of the flesh .He was shown all the kingdoms of the world and all the glory without moving a inch.

The fleshly imagination depends on the father of lies who brings them. we are warned in Colossians 2 not to seek after fallen angels as demons.

Experience is not the validator of the unseen spiritual things of faith .Faith, believing the true unseen is a work of God. In Mathew 4 Jesus passed the Colossians 2 test. Three times not puffing up his fleshly mind in false pride he answered correctly..... as it is written and again, as it is written

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, Colossians 2:18

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
I think of death as a sacred experience: a transition from one state of existence to another. The physical body is shed, and the Spirit returns to God (Ecclesiastes 12:7) to await resurrection at the end of this age. The term, "near death experience," does not apply solely to those who almost die. It also applies to some who are very close to those who experience death.
"Amen"........more would do well in attempting to fully understand the profound significance
of the Spirit. The depth of the Spirit surrounds the all of all things of Christ our Lord God."
'Praise God'

Attachments

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Near Death Experiences is seeing things that are not there, vainly puffed up by ones fleshly mind or imagination .

All of what are called out of the body experiences .They in reality are lying spirits bring in false information in to a fleshly mind. It can perform many mind tricks .

Jesus experienced the workings of the god of the flesh .He was shown all the kingdoms of the world and all the glory without moving a inch.

The fleshly imagination depends on the father of lies who brings them. we are warned in Colossians 2 not to seek after fallen angels as demons.

Experience is not the validator of the unseen spiritual things of faith .Faith, believing the true unseen is a work of God. In Mathew 4 Jesus passed the Colossians 2 test. Three times not puffing up his fleshly mind in false pride he answered correctly..... as it is written and again, as it is written

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, Colossians 2:18
I read some testimonies that happen in the surgery room. The doctor ask the person what he or she saw when they die, they able to tell and remember what happen in the surgery room, while they die.

Seem to me it is prove not only imagination. How imagination able to tell what happen in the surgery room while they close their eyes.

Is that evil spirit?

Muslim die and meet Jesus than he back to life and convert to Christian.
I do not think evil spirit help people to know jesus

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"A life...'happening' experience...no more...no less. Often it brings about a perception
of life more in a 'spiritual' concept of ones own self...an inner connection of ones self
which is a depth that simply has to be lived...believe it."
'Praise God'

Attachments

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
To supplement this thread, I hav added another astounding testimony to my NDE thread. I ll be adding more testimonies; so check out that thread. The evidence from NDEs and ADCs (= after-death experiences) is superior to that for Jesus' resurrection and, for that very reason, helps make the Gospel resurrection narratives more credible. Modern historians base their historical insights on the principles of causality and analogy and often dismiss Gospel resurrection stories for that very reason. But the evidential ADCs and NDEs provide modern analogies that make Gospel resurrection stories more credible, even to skeptics. Indeed, I have found ADCs and NDEs the most effective tool for opening the minds of intelligent skeptics to the Gospel.

Mar 28, 2016
I read some testimonies that happen in the surgery room. The doctor ask the person what he or she saw when they die, they able to tell and remember what happen in the surgery room, while they die.

Seem to me it is prove not only imagination. How imagination able to tell what happen in the surgery room while they close their eyes.

Is that evil spirit?

Muslim die and meet Jesus than he back to life and convert to Christian.
I do not think evil spirit help people to know jesus

"Near death experience," The new age 60's god of this world . The Jimmy Hendrix have you experienced the supernatural.

Its followings seem to be on the rise in Hollywood, same with living dead shows. .

How imagination is able to tell what happen in the surgery room while they close their eyes is like seeing the things that are not there by letting ones fleshly mind bring in lies . Three time Jesus rejected his imagination as a source of faith, as it is written. Therefore not believing the lie.

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.Mathew 4

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he "hath not seen", vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,Collosians2:18

Mar 28, 2016

Is that evil spirit?
I don't know if I would call it evil. But remember God is no longer bring new prophecy after any manner. So then what manner of spirit coming from the father of lies.

Nothing other than Satan is evil of itself. If a person begins to trust these experiences as inspired from heaven (prophecy) rather than a imagination of their own heart which is defined as desperately wicked and beyond cure as in who could know it? They are headed towards trouble. God is greater than our imagination. We are informed in the first commandment to have no gods before him and that includes our own selves as created in the image of God as sons thereof..

If I would recover from that kind of surgery I would thank God for healing me and giving me another opportunity to show appreciation.

No blind faith .Imagine telling the surgeon to do it blindfolded and hope he has a vision to guide his hand.

If I had a vision as a what is called out of the body I would acknowledge the source (not inspired from heaven) . If not I would expect a strong delusion and continually believe God is still bring new prophecy even though it is sealed with 7 seals till the end of time. God does not need to confirm His activity. We walk by faith .the unseen eternal not by sight after signs and lying wonders.

lying wonders = Wonders, false source of faith by which some believe their fleshly minds..

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:2 Thessalonians 2;7-11

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
There have been many NDE's where the person was on the way to hell and remembered to call the name of Jesus, and was saved. Some were atheists who then became believers and/or Ministers
Dr Eby gives an account of Heaven and hell, one when he died from his being cranial split open. It's prob on YT.
Also, Betty Malz, who also had a beautiful experience, pronounced dead for 28 minutes. Both were on TBN yrs ago also.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
"Near death experience," The new age 60's god of this world . The Jimmy Hendrix have you experienced the supernatural.

Its followings seem to be on the rise in Hollywood, same with living dead shows. .

How imagination is able to tell what happen in the surgery room while they close their eyes is like seeing the things that are not there by letting ones fleshly mind bring in lies . Three time Jesus rejected his imagination as a source of faith, as it is written. Therefore not believing the lie.

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.Mathew 4

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he "hath not seen", vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,Collosians2:18
In the Bible happen some people raise from the death.

So it is happen.

The doctor may do not believe people can raise from the death. So they call it near death, or almost death.

But I do believe people can raise from the death, it is record in the Bible.

The devil may copy what God do, but I am not sure devil able to raise the death, it may heal near death.

Chester

May 23, 2016
I've come across several videos and articles online where people have been said to have a near death experience or an ''outter body experience''. Some are very convincing but are these testimonies true?

I think they are real and it does happen to some people. Nothing is impossible with Jesus so I wouldnt doubt it.

Id still love to hear what others have to say on this. :)
Paul records an experience he had in II Cor. 12:1-10:

1I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong

But note Paul's modesty and honesty about his experience: Many who suppposedly have these experiences do not have the modesty Paul shows here.

Also if these things do happen to people (and I think they do) then they will not go against what is written in Scripture.

Feb 28, 2019
Paul records an experience he had in II Cor. 12:1-10:

1I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong

But note Paul's modesty and honesty about his experience: Many who suppposedly have these experiences do not have the modesty Paul shows here.

Also if these things do happen to people (and I think they do) then they will not go against what is written in Scripture.
That was very informative Chester, I had no idea such experiences are in the Bible. Thank you so much!

newton3003

Feb 4, 2017
I was hoping to read more about people's near-death experiences, aside from the guy who was in an automobile accident. Anyone else have any?

Mar 28, 2016
In the Bible happen some people raise from the death.

So it is happen.

The doctor may do not believe people can raise from the death. So they call it near death, or almost death.

But I do believe people can raise from the death, it is record in the Bible.

The devil may copy what God do, but I am not sure devil able to raise the death, it may heal near death.
Raising from the dead is always spoken of as a parable using the prescription 2 Corinthians 4:18 ituses the temporal as that seen to find the eternal hidden spiritual meaning.

I would think you would have to define "dead" using the scripture. Even the apostles and disciples had difficulty understanding how the word dead is used when it comes to Christianity..

One to represent the first death as that seen the temporal and two the other not seen the eternal second death . The believer will not face the second death. Those who believe not are already judged in so much they have no faith. Lazarus had not physical qualities by which he could hear what the other disciples heard (Lazarus, come forth.) His word is Spirit and is life, it gave ears for Lazarus to move.

Just as described the breath life as the word of God. Prophecy gave life into the bones of old testament saints the first resurrection . Giving Lazarus new ears to hear. Waking him up from his sleep. . a picture of the first ressurection .where men are asked to help assist in removing the burial cloth used to represent our dead flesh

Ezekiel 37:4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I've had plenty. For me its two fold:

Anyone who claims they want to hell: They are fake i dont believe in any of them, call me a skeptic. But most often the guys who have them 'come back' from hell (which is unbiblical) and preach false doctrine and/or write a book and scam gullible christians into buying the book. $$$$ dolla dolla

if someone tells me they went to heaven i say OK cool. Im not gonna challenge them on it, only if they preach false doctrine. But because i cant know if they really went to heaven or not, im not gonna challenge their story. NO need to do so.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Lazarus was dead 4 days and how does referencing a runaway slave from the book of Plilemon prove a near death experience......??
God doesn't prove to us that near death experi3ences are reality.

God cannot reveal all things to us, we are told so and there are things hinted at in scripture we don't understand. Paul speaks of a man caught up in heaven who heard unspeakable things. There has been much research done gathering information about these experiences. Most of them agree. If we needed to know scripture would have explained it to us, but scripture tells us of many mansions, and speaks of heaven. Not of near death experiences.

I think it is foolish to toss out the possibility of these being something that truly happened.

My Grandmother spoke of it being a common experience in the 18th century for people to see those who had just died as alive. It was a goodbye to someone they loved, then they left for good.

Twice in my 93 years here on earth I have perceived and communicated with angels. I have been told they weren't real!! Well, twice I asked for something special different from what they were sent to do. Twice they asked for permission to grant what i asked, and twice they did what I asked.

I don't see why it should be that all direct communication with God is not so or is someway evil.

Feb 28, 2019
I've had plenty. For me its two fold:

Anyone who claims they want to hell: They are fake i dont believe in any of them, call me a skeptic. But most often the guys who have them 'come back' from hell (which is unbiblical) and preach false doctrine and/or write a book and scam gullible christians into buying the book. $$$$ dolla dolla

if someone tells me they went to heaven i say OK cool. Im not gonna challenge them on it, only if they preach false doctrine. But because i cant know if they really went to heaven or not, im not gonna challenge their story. NO need to do so.
Yes its definitely possible that they are doing it just to profit from it. Its crazy how most publish books and do audio tapes and then sell them to people around the world.

Feb 28, 2019
We
God doesn't prove to us that near death experi3ences are reality.

God cannot reveal all things to us, we are told so and there are things hinted at in scripture we don't understand. Paul speaks of a man caught up in heaven who heard unspeakable things. There has been much research done gathering information about these experiences. Most of them agree. If we needed to know scripture would have explained it to us, but scripture tells us of many mansions, and speaks of heaven. Not of near death experiences.

I think it is foolish to toss out the possibility of these being something that truly happened.

My Grandmother spoke of it being a common experience in the 18th century for people to see those who had just died as alive. It was a goodbye to someone they loved, then they left for good.

Twice in my 93 years here on earth I have perceived and communicated with angels. I have been told they weren't real!! Well, twice I asked for something special different from what they were sent to do. Twice they asked for permission to grant what i asked, and twice they did what I asked.

I don't see why it should be that all direct communication with God is not so or is someway evil.
Well said my dear. Thanks ever so much for sharing your experiences here. It is quite foolish to turn a blind eye to these. There no limit in what God can do. Hes so Great! He is working in peoples lives around the world and that includes myself also.

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
In his highly original book "Jesus the Magician," Columbia University professor, Morten Smith collects ancient evidence to formulate the anti-Gospel, the first and 2nd century version of Jesus' life from His Jewish detractors. Among other claims, these Jews claimed that Jesus studied magic in Egypt and that His miracles were either demonic or magically induced hallucinations. I wonder how many posters here would agree with this, if they had lived in Jesus' day. Very few here have even bothered to consider the awesome verifications provided by NDEs and ADCs, and yet, they are quite willing to pontificate from ignorance. No one has accepted my challenge to show cause why the evidence for postmortem survival form NDEs and ADCs is superior to that for Jesus' resurrection and, for that very reason confirms its credibility. Of course, more discerning posters have noticed this and that is why I continue to post awesome cases in my NDE an ADC thread. I challenge you to go to that thread, read through these evidential cases, and show why they shouldn't be taken seriously.