What bible for study?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
What version? Looking for Study Bible
I like two most of the time

an NKJV and a good modern translation like t pre-1984 NIV or a NLT

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I like two most of the time

an NKJV and a good modern translation like t pre-1984 NIV or a NLT
I like four, the KJV at church, the KJV for study, the KJV for backup, and the KJV to give away :giggle:

CS1

May 23, 2012
I like four, the KJV at church, the KJV for study, the KJV for backup, and the KJV to give away :giggle:

wow, I know, Jesus spoke in KJV Huh? In 1611 right?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
wow, I know, Jesus spoke in KJV Huh? In 1611 right?
It's all about 60 Professing Christian KJV translators, scholars Vs.

Adulterers Kurt Aland, Barbara Aland, and homosexual union supporter, and Roman Catholic Jesuit Cardinal (Carlo Maria Martini) who created the Greek Text (Novum Testamentum Graece) that supports modern translations NIV, NASB, ESV, RSV, Etc

Did God use these Adulterers and homosexual union supporter to preserve his words for the world?

Absolutely Not, They Are Corrupt Trees, And Their Works Are Corrupt Fruit.

Matthew 7:17-20KJV
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Im going for the fattest, biggest Bible there is.

I heard those Torah scrolls you need two people to carry them and a pointer to read them.

Those little pocket Bibles are way too tiny.