What can make someone into ungenerous and full of rancor?
I just learnt this. It is the laziness:
• “The desire of the lazy man kills him, for his hands have refused to work. He covets greedily all the day long; but the righteous gives and spares not.” (Prov 21:25,26).
See that the righteous gives and spares not. As they like to help people, they aren’t slothful. On the contrary: they get pleasure in work so that they can help people in a double way: with the service itself and with the money earned.
So, when they conquer something, instead of sticking themselves to this good, they have alacrity to share this with those who need more than him, even knowing that they will have to make more money to acquire this again. Nevertheless, when Jesus’ love is in our heart, all work looks a light burden (see Gen 29:20) because Jesus helps to carry it (Mat 11:28-30) and the recompense is much superior than the travail (see Rom 8:18).
I
The righteous don’t get angry at someone who make some harm to him because, beyond he figures out that the Creator has greater and better things for us, they apprehend that the Creator has everything under His control, aiming the good of those who love Him (Rom 8:18), and above all: they find delight in evincing Jesus’ favor even for their enemies who aren’t worthy of it.
Although it is hurtful to be victim of injustice, the righteous keep his eyes at Christ (Heb 12:1,2) and in living His goodness and mercy which follow them (Ps 23:6). They never wear out for having to work. He reckons that, if the Creator allow them to lose something it is because they can get and carry out better things.
Knowing that we are, here, foreign and peregrine, they always find disposition to ameliorate (walking from faith to faith, from glory to glory (Rom 1:17), from grace to grace (2Pet 3:18), from sanctity to sanctity (2Cor 7:1)). It never passes into their mind the thought cultivated by the mad rich:
• “And He spoke a parable to them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully. And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room in which to store my fruits? And he said, I will do this. I will pull down my barns and build bigger ones, and I will store all my fruits and my goods there. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years. Take your ease, eat drink and be merry.” (Luke 12:16-19).
May Jesus grant us His grace, love, strength and cheer so that we never rue the mar caused by the lazy people who only wish the net of the iniquitous (Prov 12:12) so that they can have more time to nurture their fiendish passions. Rather, may us have, always, good eyes (Mat 6:22,23; Luke 11:33-36) to see the adversities as opportunities to make Jesus and His superabundant grace (Rom 5:17) known.
Finally, have a good week always fraught of everything that is related to the eternal life and piety (2Peter 1:3).
I just learnt this. It is the laziness:
• “The desire of the lazy man kills him, for his hands have refused to work. He covets greedily all the day long; but the righteous gives and spares not.” (Prov 21:25,26).
See that the righteous gives and spares not. As they like to help people, they aren’t slothful. On the contrary: they get pleasure in work so that they can help people in a double way: with the service itself and with the money earned.
So, when they conquer something, instead of sticking themselves to this good, they have alacrity to share this with those who need more than him, even knowing that they will have to make more money to acquire this again. Nevertheless, when Jesus’ love is in our heart, all work looks a light burden (see Gen 29:20) because Jesus helps to carry it (Mat 11:28-30) and the recompense is much superior than the travail (see Rom 8:18).
I
The righteous don’t get angry at someone who make some harm to him because, beyond he figures out that the Creator has greater and better things for us, they apprehend that the Creator has everything under His control, aiming the good of those who love Him (Rom 8:18), and above all: they find delight in evincing Jesus’ favor even for their enemies who aren’t worthy of it.
Although it is hurtful to be victim of injustice, the righteous keep his eyes at Christ (Heb 12:1,2) and in living His goodness and mercy which follow them (Ps 23:6). They never wear out for having to work. He reckons that, if the Creator allow them to lose something it is because they can get and carry out better things.
Knowing that we are, here, foreign and peregrine, they always find disposition to ameliorate (walking from faith to faith, from glory to glory (Rom 1:17), from grace to grace (2Pet 3:18), from sanctity to sanctity (2Cor 7:1)). It never passes into their mind the thought cultivated by the mad rich:
• “And He spoke a parable to them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully. And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room in which to store my fruits? And he said, I will do this. I will pull down my barns and build bigger ones, and I will store all my fruits and my goods there. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years. Take your ease, eat drink and be merry.” (Luke 12:16-19).
May Jesus grant us His grace, love, strength and cheer so that we never rue the mar caused by the lazy people who only wish the net of the iniquitous (Prov 12:12) so that they can have more time to nurture their fiendish passions. Rather, may us have, always, good eyes (Mat 6:22,23; Luke 11:33-36) to see the adversities as opportunities to make Jesus and His superabundant grace (Rom 5:17) known.
Finally, have a good week always fraught of everything that is related to the eternal life and piety (2Peter 1:3).