What causes prayers to not get answered?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2009
A few reasons, could be anything. Could be a) problem with the upward communication (God hearing), or problem with the downlink communication (us hearing). Excuse me, but God does NOT have a problem hearing us! He might REFUSE to hear, but is fully able. His refusal is always due do our own hard-heartedness.
thanks for clarifying.

Praying to the wrong God...prayers is to the Father, through Jesus Christ, and by the Holy Spirit.Any prayer 'in the name of Jesus Christ' is always heard by God. Don't pray to Jesus Christ of New York, that's the wrong Jesus. That's just silly!
My point was there are people who pray to the wrong Jesus, or a Jesus who is not the Jesus of the bible. There could be others claiming to be Jesus who aren't, or who share the name Jesus. Be sure to pray to the right Jesus.

Jun 7, 2009
What I have found for me is this:

God says no. Simple.

He can do that. Now, it's up to me, to accept that.

I cannot tell you the anguish I have put myself though, but not just accepting that God says no.

See, God really does know best. My heart tells me HE doesn't, but the more I try to help others see the TRUTH, the more I see it.

So, when you pray, and HE just says NO. Make sure to not let your HEART get unforgiveness or hatred.

It only hurts me, when I do that, and I have fought that so many times...

I like to think of it as this, God knows what is going to happen. I know it sounds tough, but HE really does know best. NOW, I will tell you that my human side, screams out sometimes...and I am sure I know best, but man....HE knows best.

I am just GLAD that HE always takes me back when I surrender to HIM.

One more thing. Don't for ONE moment think you are alone on this..... Because you are not...
The key for me is "submission". OBEY.

You see those soft drink commercial all the time, "Obey your whatever" and other commericals, we listen to them against your will more often that naught, but when we obey GOD, we are in HIS WILL.

There is no better place for me to be, than in the WILL of God, whatever that might be....

sweetnshy

Sep 10, 2003
I'm not sure how old you are, but sometimes age can play a factor in what you're describing. When you're a teen or a college student, and you're in those sort of transition periods where you don't really know where your life is going or what to expect, those are typically the times where people get depressed and aren't happy with life. I know I've been there. So if those are your circumstances, I know it's hard to be patient, but it WILL get better. I had trouble making friends in college and I never dated anybody either. Now that college is over with and I have a job, I made a lot of friends at work, and I'm getting ready to get my own apartment and I'm hoping I'll meet even more people there. Also, I had bad depression for a LONG time (from about 8th grade all the way through college), and I finally started getting free counseling with my pastor's wife and that helped so much. Again, I don't really know your age or circumstances, but in case you're in high school or college, try hard to be patient!

May 4, 2009
I'm not sure how old you are, but sometimes age can play a factor in what you're describing. When you're a teen or a college student, and you're in those sort of transition periods where you don't really know where your life is going or what to expect, those are typically the times where people get depressed and aren't happy with life. I know I've been there. So if those are your circumstances, I know it's hard to be patient, but it WILL get better. I had trouble making friends in college and I never dated anybody either. Now that college is over with and I have a job, I made a lot of friends at work, and I'm getting ready to get my own apartment and I'm hoping I'll meet even more people there. Also, I had bad depression for a LONG time (from about 8th grade all the way through college), and I finally started getting free counseling with my pastor's wife and that helped so much. Again, I don't really know your age or circumstances, but in case you're in high school or college, try hard to be patient!
I'm 20, and in college though I won't be going back till the fall. ;_;

Jun 8, 2009
thanks for clarifying.

My point was there are people who pray to the wrong Jesus, or a Jesus who is not the Jesus of the bible. There could be others claiming to be Jesus who aren't, or who share the name Jesus. Be sure to pray to the right Jesus.
there is no more than one Jesus. You aer wrong is saying this. One Jesus praising His name

Jun 7, 2009
I think, the reason why some people do not want to submit to Christ, is simply this:

They want to exalt themselves above God, rather than submitted to HIM. To me it's very simple.

God sent HIS one and only son to die for all of us. HIS son is the only reason I am getting into the Kingdom of Heaven when I die. That's it for me. Period.

A

awings7

I'm just wondering since none of my ever seem to get answered...
God will not answer prayer if there is sin, if a husband is not treating his wife correctly, and for a
number of other reasons.

It may take a time of fasting to find out the cause.

Talk with your pastor, or a memember of your place of worship that your trust.

Ill keep you in my prayers

S

sweetie36

God knows what we need and dont need. I know that there are alot of people out in the World that want this and that...iGod know what we need . God will never give us something that we cant Handle.
He test's us almost every day. He only wants the best for us and satan doesnt care about anything.
satan wants us to want this and that everything .
LIke I said GOD knows what we need .

Jan 8, 2009
there is no more than one Jesus. You aer wrong is saying this. One Jesus praising His name
Sorry to see your ban, but just to address this point.
That is correct there is only one Jesus Christ. But there are many pretending to be Him. I say this from a spiritual warfare perspective. Sometimes on occasion those involved in deliverance ministry come across evil spirits masquerading as Jesus, even to convince their host that they believe in the real Jesus, which they obviously do not by their doctrine and fruit etc. Jesus is simply a name, His real or proper name I guess is Yeshuah, in english throughout the centuaries he has also been called Iefus and Healand I believe (in middle and old english in the 1400's - 1600's), so the name Jesus is relatively new. So sometimes it is useful to make sure that in deliverance or prayer the right Jesus is being prayed to, that being Jesus Christ of Nazareth, of which there is only one. Not to be paranoid or over the top about it, but just to clarify that when we pray we are directing prayers to Jesus Christ of Nazareth who is ascended and seated at the right hand of the Father in Heaven. Some people might mistakingly pray to a Jesus in their living room who may not be Jesus, because Jesus is in heaven, not on the earth (except by His Spirit). And Jesus is not returning to earth except at the second coming, not before.

Jan 8, 2009
We find the apostles using the full title of Christ, "Jesus Christ of Nazareth" in the following verses, to be clear:
Act 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Act 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

They probably used "of Nazareth" to make sure that his name was not confused with the people, cults and sects pretending to be Jesus at the time. They would not want their miracles to be attributed to a fake Jesus for example that any cults/sects at the time used.

Dec 24, 2008
God bless

I just want to offer some simple things to you regarding your question.

1 John 5:14 says that if we ask anything according to God's Will, He hears us.
This is a beautiful promise.
If we ask anything according to God's Will, we have God's undivided attention.
How do we know God's Will?
Simple....The Bible is the revealed Word and Will of God.
Any promise in God's Word is God's Will.
Pick a promise in God's Word that fits your need and believe to receive.
Regarding prayer we are instructed in God's Word to be specific in our prayers.
The word "supplication" in the Bible means "a specific object of necessity."
We are also instructed to pray until we receive our answer.
Alot of prayers go unanswered because people give up.
Prayers are also to be from the heart. I wouldn't recommend reading prayers out of a book.
God looks on the heart.
Lastly........believing.
Believing is a verb and a verb connotes action.
You have to take some believing action when you pray.
Do your best.........God will do the rest.

God bless you.
Markhelp

Status
Not open for further replies.