What Christian Book Had The Biggest Impact On Your Life?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jenizona

Aug 8, 2015
Good morning Jeni! :) Before I even read this post of yours (I was reading the one from you below about boundaries when...) I thought of Og Mandino's other book, one I have read a couple of times and highly recommend to others:

The Greatest Miracle in the World. What an amazing book!
Awesome, Magenta!! Have you read The Greatest Salesman in the World?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Awesome, Magenta!! Have you read The Greatest Salesman in the World?
A few months ago I was helping a woman I had recently met move... one of the days I was at her old place, I was in the study when her family came for dinner, and as far as I knew, they did not know I was upstairs... so I tried to be as quiet as possible while they ate. It was a little strange :eek:. Anyways, she had a copy of The Greatest Salesman, and I flipped through it, reading mostly the last half of the book. I had no idea it was about Paul until then... but it kept me quiet LOL and I enjoyed it very much :)

Jenizona

Aug 8, 2015
A few months ago I was helping a woman I had recently met move... one of the days I was at her old place, I was in the study when her family came for dinner, and as far as I knew, they did not know I was upstairs... so I tried to be as quiet as possible while they ate. It was a little strange :eek:. Anyways, she had a copy of The Greatest Salesman, and I flipped through it, reading mostly the last half of the book. I had no idea it was about Paul until then... but it kept me quiet LOL and I enjoyed it very much :)
Lol cool! I give it as a gift to friends when they're going through a hard time... or sometimes I just slip it in with a birthday present or something lol, such a neat book. So cool that you're even familiar with Og Mandino!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Lol cool! I give it as a gift to friends when they're going through a hard time... or sometimes I just slip it in with a birthday present or something lol, such a neat book. So cool that you're even familiar with Og Mandino!
I first read the Greatest Miracle many years ago, before becoming Christian... like maybe late eighties or very early nineties. It was such an amazing little find! I can still remember the start to the story, the snowy day, the car getting stuck, the flower planter in the window LOL... also: Remember, then, the four laws of happiness and success. Count your blessings. Proclaim your rarity. Go another mile. Use wisely your power of choice.

Choose to love ... rather than hate. Choose to laugh ... rather than cry. Choose to create ... rather than destroy. Choose to persevere ... rather than quit. Choose to praise ... rather than gossip. Choose to heal ... rather than wound. Choose to give ... rather than steal. Choose to act ... rather than procrastinate. Choose to grow ... rather than rot. Choose to pray ... rather than curse. Choose to live ... rather than die.

From the book "The Greatest Miracle in the World" by Og Mandino

:)

Jenizona

Aug 8, 2015
I first read the Greatest Miracle many years ago, before becoming Christian... like maybe late eighties or very early nineties. It was such an amazing little find! I can still remember the start to the story, the snowy day, the car getting stuck, the flower planter in the window LOL... also: Remember, then, the four laws of happiness and success. Count your blessings. Proclaim your rarity. Go another mile. Use wisely your power of choice.

Choose to love ... rather than hate. Choose to laugh ... rather than cry. Choose to create ... rather than destroy. Choose to persevere ... rather than quit. Choose to praise ... rather than gossip. Choose to heal ... rather than wound. Choose to give ... rather than steal. Choose to act ... rather than procrastinate. Choose to grow ... rather than rot. Choose to pray ... rather than curse. Choose to live ... rather than die.

From the book "The Greatest Miracle in the World" by Og Mandino

:)
This is why I love his writing... thank you so much for sharing that! :D

P

PartyOf3

Aside from the Bible of course! :)

For me, it was Classic Christianity by Bob George. It helped me to steer clear of legalism and gave me a better understanding of the grace of God.

can you expand on legalism?

A

Abing

The Battlefield of the Mind - Joyce Meyer

*and let the criticism begin*

T

Tintin

i haven't heard of that one, can you give a synopsis?
"The Great Divorce" is a short, whimsical book about the afterlife. It's very good. Why not just give it a read?

A

AgeofKnowledge

Aside from the bible? And you want just one book? Let's try this again. In addition to the bible, which library of books had the biggest impact on your life. There, all fixed.

L

ladylynn

Me too., that was one of the major books that really began to show the truth of the gospel of grace and God's love for us.

L

ladylynn

Have read many of the books people posted here over the years and enjoyed and were helped by them. But none have impacted my life as much as learning about how we are no longer under the old covenant of law but under the new covenant of Grace. Pastor Joseph Prince's books "Unmerited Favor" "Destined To Reign" and "The Power of Right Believing" clearly outline the wonderful truths of the covenant of Grace and God's love for us.
"For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ" John 1:17 :D Literally changed my Christian walk.

Last edited:
T

Tintin

I don't know enough about her, but I wish she would give credit to her ghost writers. There's no way she can pump out so many books on her own and do worldwide tours etc.

E

eternally-gratefull

Wild at heart, John ethridge

F

FreeNChrist

Aside from the Bible of course! :)

For me, it was Classic Christianity by Bob George. It helped me to steer clear of legalism and gave me a better understanding of the grace of God.

Yep. Should be required reading for all new Christians and then re-read at least annually by all. Back in the day, Bob was practically the lone voice calling people back to the real thing, and I see much of what he taught now being carried on in the teaching of many others. That's a good thing.