What denomination are you, if any?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
I find agreement in certain areas with several denominations. Denominations aren’t designed by God there’s only one church
Brother, we both received down votes. That puts us in some kind of special club, I think.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Brother, we both received down votes. That puts us in some kind of special club, I think.
haha I think he wants one word answers is why. it’s always hard to try to limit others in a discussion forum to one word but I think over time less people will respond to the control aspect of it. In the other post he wanted someone to simply answer 100 questions but only if they were Lutheran. And people answered like we do here trying to express what we believe

I like it when people speak freely but I others want specific controlled answers so more power to em i suppose

funny though thanks for the giggle brother

Mar 4, 2020
Just reply with denomination or none.
I just want easy to read answers. I will not reply so do not bother writing a paragraph. I will read but not respond.
How about you tell us what denomination you are if any.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
We do know Christ, sweet holy Spirit is with many denominations in them leading them and are 100% of God :) So not being in one does not mean anything. Sorry but does not make us wiser not holier not closer to GOD. I wonder how many do it just to ...hmm like rebellion. Tacking on a word...well gifts, or just healing, tongues, salvation.. doctrines yet many not in any denomination huddle together as if they are a denomination. We are all followers of Jesus Christ amen. But in this world "what do you believe?" How we answer that so many times fits to a "T" some denomination. Oh but we have to make sure "OH NO I am not one of those/one of them".. them being followers of Jesus Christ that believe something a tad different then you :)

Now look how a few simple questions.. look how they get treated.

Mar 20, 2022
haha I think he wants one word answers is why. it’s always hard to try to limit others in a discussion forum to one word but I think over time less people will respond to the control aspect of it. In the other post he wanted someone to simply answer 100 questions but only if they were Lutheran. And people answered like we do here trying to express what we believe

I like it when people speak freely but I others want specific controlled answers so more power to em i suppose

funny though thanks for the giggle brother
It is not because it wasn't one word, it was because you did not answer.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
It is not because it wasn't one word, it was because you did not answer.
okay friend I’m sort of over it honestly I hope you do find your answers in peace and love !!!

olivetree32

Jan 4, 2009
Just reply with denomination or none.
I just want easy to read answers. I will not reply so do not bother writing a paragraph. I will read but not respond.
None- A follower of Jesus. He said to the disciples, follow me ❤️

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I avoid being labeled with a church denomination for I am a Christian loyal to scripture rather than the doctrines of a church.

When I became physically unable to attend church, I had just discovered the masonic church, and found it closest to scripture as they avoid man made doctrine. They are accursed of not following Christ as Christ took away commands given to Moses, but I did not find this was true of them.

Simona1988

Mar 15, 2021
I was born in a Pentecostal family and converted to eastern-orthodoxy (or Greek-orthodoxy, Idk which is the term you use more) when I was 21. I love going to church and I think the church is Jesus Christ’ project of launching the new creation into the world and we should attend it in order to achieve the communion with God and other Christians.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
We started in Pentecostal and so-called "nondenominational" churches, which are basically a denomination that prides itself on being disconnected with the rest of the body of Christ. We were lied to, saw terrible things going on, could not get any help in a church with 10 pastors.

So, (This is for you, Deut!) we made a radical turn and started attending an Evangelical Free church, which was a breathe of fresh air! The pride and pretension was gone, people were so caring and helpful, that was when I was very disabled, but I didn't have an RA diagnosis or on meds. The pastor had a PhD in preaching, and he was so solid theologically. And inspiring. I played with the worship team, and the youth group was great, with a young guy leading who was into hockey, which was my 2 boys sport! It was a great church.

Hubby got transferred to Alberta, and the nearest EVFree was far away. We went to an Alliance church with incredible music and lousy preaching. I never talked to anyone in 2 years. I tried to attend a woman's Bible study during the week, but it was up a long flight of stairs, which I couldn't do. The secretary told me,"Too bad, you won't be able to go." In very sarcastic tones.

I walked away from that church and God. I stopped reading my Bible for 2 years, till God told me to read 5 Psalms a day. I did that for 2 years. We started having marriage issues, got a flier to our door about a series on marriage. It was a small Southern Baptist Church, and the preacher could preach, and he knew theology and the Bible. I became the music director, led a music team. We stayed there 5 years, till the pastor got thrown from a horse, broke his leg. I think he must have hit his head. He could not preach anymore, and he became spiritually abusive to many long time members in the church. So we left.

Some of my friends and family were at a North American Baptist church, with an incredible outreach program, and a pastor who could preach! Another one with a PhD in preaching. He would preach a deep sermon for me and the many retired missionaries and pastors. My best friend was from Peru, thick Hispanic accent. She would find all these other layers in his sermon. He also taught prayer, reading the Bible to the whole church. I was always supportive of that. Then we retired and moved to BC.

We found a small Baptists of Westetn Canada, and it fit our needs. My husband was bored and retired, the church renovated the kitchen, and he was there from 8-5 daily, he knows a lot of trades. This church leans very Reformed, and all the people who preach are Amillennial, which is the best eschatology!

So Baptist, in a word! Lol