what did you have for dinner?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BlessedLovedByGod

I had to take meds. Been drinking neem tree leaves tea and it tasted so bitter. I couldnt get the taste out of my buds. I had beef steak and halo-halo for dinner. Yumyum images.jpg halo-halo.jpg

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
Nothing like rice taken with pork cooked in fermented bamboo shoot for dinner.

Oct 31, 2011
Halo-halo? Fermented Bamboo shoots? I am still trying to wrap my cooking skills around congee.

Don't just tantalize, explain.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
Halo-halo? Fermented Bamboo shoots? I am still trying to wrap my cooking skills around congee.

Well, here are a sample of fresh bamboo shoots (see picture below). Fermented bamboo shoots are made from fresh bamboo shoots and looks pretty much the same except in the taste .

733834_124704067722787_2066932409_n.jpg 310077_4365396220087_906309129_n.jpg

D

danschance

I made mac n cheese for the first time. I made it with Sharp cheddar gouda and parmesan, melted in a bechamel sauce with elbow macaroni Then added some onion powder, garlic, garlic salt, finely chopped chives and topped it with some cheddar parmesan and panko bread crumbs that had absorbed some butter so it would brown.

Yummie

K

Kleia

I had lots of granola cereal and oats... :eek:

Living Healthy (or at least trying) Lol.

O

OceanGrl

Left over spaghetti. Still tasted pretty good. lol

H

Hellooo

Sushi and clear soup w/bean sprouts

danschance -- I LOVE mac n cheese from scratch, with the bechamel.

B

BlessedLovedByGod

Halo-halo (from Tagalog word halò, "mix") is a popular Filipino dessert that is a mixture of shaved ice and evaporated milk to which are added various boiled sweet beans and fruits, and served in a tall glass or bowl.
Ingredients include boiled kidney beans, garbanzos, sugar palm fruit (kaong), coconut sport (macapuno), and plantains caramelized in sugar,jackfruit (langkâ), gulaman, tapioca, nata de coco, sweet potato (kamote), cheese, pounded crushed young rice (pinipig). In terms of arrangement, most of the ingredients (fruits, beans, and other sweets) are first placed inside the tall glass, followed by the shaved ice. This is then sprinkled with sugar, and topped with either (or a combination of) leche flan, purple yam (ubeng pula), or ice cream. Evaporated milk is poured into the mixture upon serving.
Halo-halo was featured as a Quickfire Challenge dish in the seventh episode of the fourth season of the American reality television series Top Chef.

halo.jpg halo-halo.jpg

B

BlessedLovedByGod

looks interesting...how does it taste? havent tried it yet. I dont know if we have that here...hmm maybe in China Town, Manila.

B

BlessedLovedByGod

sounds delicious! yum2
I made mac n cheese for the first time. I made it with Sharp cheddar gouda and parmesan, melted in a bechamel sauce with elbow macaroni Then added some onion powder, garlic, garlic salt, finely chopped chives and topped it with some cheddar parmesan and panko bread crumbs that had absorbed some butter so it would brown.

Yummie

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Well....
My son gave us some snow crab last night.
My daughter brought home some wild aspergrass she picked.
And I had some fresh codfish I had picked up on sale.
So we had cod, snowcrab, wild aspergrass and rice with a lemon butter sauce to top all off.
Yummy!
There is just enough snow crab left so I can make a crab cocktail for lunch tomorrow. :)

God bless
pickles

B

BlessedLovedByGod

sounds all delicious. Its interesting that we all have different dinner. In the Philippines filipinos loves to eat we had different buffets that caters different foods all over the world. I hope u can taste our food too. =)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
The neighborhood I grew up in was filled with all different people from all over the world.
I grew up eating philippino food one day, samoen the next, then creol another, and mexican the next, itialian another, jewish, then southern, japanese and chinese, all depended on whose house one played at.
I was very blessed to be in such a diverse neighborhood. :)
I miss it alot, as where I live now there is not much of selction unless one goes into the city.
I remember the philippine weddings we went to, they were so different and joyful, also lots of good food. :)

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Our neighbor who was philipino taught us how to make some foods, the one I love the most and often make is the deep fried wonton.
People love them and are surprised to learn it is a philippino recipe. :)
Im making them this weekend, as my family loves them.

God bless
pickles

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I am in the south of the U.S. and I had chicken and dumplings. anyone ever had or heard of that?

O

OceanGrl

I am in the south of the U.S. and I had chicken and dumplings. anyone ever had or heard of that?
I've had that before at Cracker Barrel, it's not bad.

For dinner tonight, I had white rice, red beans, and lean steak and onions. It was... so good. lol