What do you do when you are feeling down?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Riss

Jul 23, 2011
I am just curious as what you all do when you are sad?

What kinds of techniques do you use to come out of your slump?

M

MesMom

I open my bible to where God leads. He has never let me down. I really think about what I read and it's meaning. If I am unsure, I ask others about the verses for help. I have always felt better after doing this....sometimes it isn't immediate, but inevitably opens more doors for me.

Riss

Jul 23, 2011
thanks for the tips! :)

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I praise the Lord: by 1) singing (traditional) hymns/inspiring (modern) songs, 2) singing in the Spirit (ie. using the gift of tongues, 1Cor 14v15,18); to reinforce numbers 1 & 2, 3) I also remember what the Scriptures say what I am in the Lord Jesus and how much God loves me...John 15v9, 17v23, Rom 8v17,26-39...

Generally by the time I have done 1 & 2, God's Presence has lifted any heaviness/burdens and I have joy where there previously was heaviness etc...Neh 8v10

W

wwjd_kilden

First I listen to "angry" music to get it out, then I listen to worship, or visit Christian forums

K

Kyouken

I praise God. There's a Biblical science to it, if I can call it that, but when you praise God, you feel happy.

D

dmdave17

I try to focus on the many blessings I have received from God during my life. He has blessed me abundantly, including bringing me through a life threatening illness a couple of years ago. At my age, I know the down times never last. With God beside me, better times are right around the corner.

G

GCP

when feeling low in spirit just call upon the name of JESUS ask him to remove /take away the feeling .sometimes it takes that feelin for him to get our attention.sometimes were not doin something right/when we dont listen to what GOD is sayin to us.these things with come

H

Helloimandrewyo

music, take my dog on runs, or go drive to some random town and do some photography.

J

JayHeart

I usually get in the car and take a drive with the music playing loudly and the windows down! :) It helps me clear my head and think about how grateful I am to be on this beautiful earth that God created.

D

dominicanbeauty

I just listen to music play online games, read books or i go play with my friends

S

selenah

Listen to the Chipmunks

S

Siberian_Khatru

I muse until I either learn something about myself/life, or until the mood passes.

Music usually plays a big role in my slumping and recovery, too. :)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
music, take my dog on runs, or go drive to some random town and do some photography.
I listen to Leeland's music when I feel down! ;) :p lol I listen to praise music when I'm down. I can just sorta just sit and listen and just feel God's love. And then sometimes I also play praise music. :) I just grab that guitar and just go to my happy place. lol I might be a perfectionist when it comes to me playing, sometimes I get to where I don't care and I play it anyways. :p

Mrdll

Jan 15, 2011
I read my Bible out loud so that the enemy can hear it to. Makes him sad and me happy :) Singing praise to our Father and praying for others increases that happiness into joy. Then I Pray the Scripture! :) Depending on the reason for the sadness determines the extent of the battle. It is Spiritual warfare and God gave us a Sword to use, His word. :) Sometimes I sit down with another brother or sister and talk about it.

Dec 19, 2009

Start a new music project.
Post on Christian Chat.
Buy a coin for my coin collection.
Eat a Hostess cherry pie.
Get a Wendy’s home style chicken fillet and fries.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
i light a candle and plug up my fountain, blast my gospel music
sometimes read my Bible
i go outside and BLOW BUBBLES, yes I'm almost 45 years old and Love BLOWING BUBBLES
do fill in word puzzles or scramble word puzzles
go for a walk in the park

Jul 25, 2005
I read sci-fi. Best way to escape hands down.