What do you guys think about this?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 16, 2020
A friend and I were having a disagreement about this video. I find it quite relaxing and thought provoking, however my friend strongly disagrees. He says it should be removed from the internet. What do you all think?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hello and Welcome to CC...

If you provide a brief summary of the video and a note of its length, you are more likely to get some responses. Many people won't click on a link merely because it's there. Also, a thread title with some key words will help.

Feb 28, 2016
give us a CLUE to your mystery thread!
you forgot to give us the (REASON-WHY) your 'friend' said;
this 'vid' should be 'removed' from the net???

then maybe we could give you our opinion...

Jan 16, 2020
Thank you guys for the tips. Sorry for being vague.

7seasrekeyed

puzzling

no idea why someone would find it needs to be taken off the internet

did he object to the belly dancer?

Jan 16, 2020
puzzling

no idea why someone would find it needs to be taken off the internet

did he object to the belly dancer?
Honestly, he's a real 'fire and brimstone' kind of man when it comes to the Bible, and he feels that this video does not show enough suffering and turmoil when it comes to the idea of living in 'vanity and vexation of spirit'. We are old friends, and often have these discussions because of our differing viewpoints.

After discussing the video, we ended up having a debate today about the entire book of Ecclesiastes. Whereas I find the message more liberating and encourages emancipation from the burdens of this material world, he is more bent on its cautionary themes, and seeks to linger on the darker, more pessimistic meaning of the verses.

I'd love to hear your personal stances on Ecclesiastes.
Do you think that the video accurately reflects the Scripture?

And yes, the belly dancer was a major point of contempt :ROFL:

Dec 12, 2013
The book can be summed up in a few short statements....

a. The question --->What profit is there of all works done under the sun

b. Solomon tries everything, has everything and Solomon/Israel was so rich that gold and silver was nothing to be accounted of.

c. Everything is vanity and vexation of spirit because life suck and then you die

d. Fear God because everything will be judged