What do YOU like about the "new" CC?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I love the overall look, but there are some things missing that I am going to miss.... and there are a few very minor criticisms I have about the new look, like the circular avatars... I prefer rectangular ones like we used to have, but I guess these round ones encourage people to post a pic of themselves instead of say... a box of donuts... :cautious:
Donuts are round :whistle::unsure::whistle::unsure::whistle: But I agree: round avatars don't really make sense. Pictures have never been printed round :p

Oh, yeah, that's another thing I like: being able to select multiple smilies all at the same time without having to open the app again :)

Aug 2, 2009
Not only does it save a draft, but if you start a post and then navigate away from the page, your partial post will show up again if and when you return to that thread. The new layout also makes it easier to align your content (available right away) and change the font color and face. If you do not like the color options, you can enter the HEX code in a small text box under the color swaths. Being able to upload directly from your own device is nice, but I noticed that images entered that way do not carry over from post to post. Before, that was only a problem if the page number changed, but even that wasn't always that way ;) Overall the look is very clean, and it seems quite user friendly. I have not figured out if we are able to access another person's post stream; perhaps you have to go to the other's profile page? I dunno. Creeping people's profiles was never my thing :) It seems a little inconvenient to have the page links on the opposite side from the scroll bar, but hey, first world problems, huh? LOL. I am still learning about some of the features. It is fun! A number of people sort of freaked out when it was introduced on Monday. I was not one of them :devilish:

There is still a five minute edit limit, but no note gets attached for edits made at any time. For the first day, you could edit any post made at any time while you were here... meaning, I could have edited that spelling mistake made almost three years ago :giggle:
I did not know that! :eek::eek::eek::p:D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The make your own color thing and something else I can't remember now..
How quickly we forget. And of course, I jest ;) I am losing my mind, too, you know :devilish:

If you need a color picker, just google hex color picker tool. I had one open in IE but have been using Chrome for the last couple of days. You should see a sliding bar with a corresponding square of color. The slider bar moves around and shows you the code, or you can just click anywhere in the color box. I selected #8737B3 for this post :) But if you want to use a color not in the options, it would probably be best to find one with an easily memorized code. For instance, THIS is dd66dd, easy to remember, right? But not quite right. How about THIS? This is 993399 :)

Aug 2, 2009
How quickly we forget. And of course, I jest ;) I am losing my mind, too, you know :devilish:

If you need a color picker, just google hex color picker tool. I had one open in IE but have been using Chrome for the last couple of days. You should see a sliding bar with a corresponding square of color. The slider bar moves around and shows you the code, or you can just click anywhere in the color box. I selected #8737B3 for this post :) But if you want to use a color not in the options, it would probably be best to find one with an easily memorized code. For instance, THIS is dd66dd, easy to remember, right? But not quite right. How about THIS? This is 993399 :)
Sweet!! Thanks!! :eek:(y)(y)(y):love:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You are welcome :) If you find a color you like, but the numbers and letters are too complicated, play with them to get something close but easier to remember. Some changes will be undetectable to the eye, though; each color has 256 shades available so we get 256 x 256 x 256 for each color (Red-Green-Blue). The result is 16,777,216 colors which most monitors can display. This color is ad55ad... I was born in 55 AD ;):D:)

Aug 2, 2009
You are welcome :) If you find a color you like, but the numbers and letters are too complicated, play with them to get something close but easier to remember. Some changes will be undetectable to the eye, though; each color has 256 shades available so we get 256 x 256 x 256 for each color (Red-Green-Blue). The result is 16,777,216 colors which most monitors can display. This color is ad55ad... I was born in 55 AD ;):D:)
I was actually a graphic artist for a long time so I knew about the millions of colors.. although I think the human eye can only differentiate up to a few hundred..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I was actually a graphic artist for a long time so I knew about the millions of colors.. although I think the human eye can only differentiate up to a few hundred..
Do you not do graphic design any more? What kind of art did you do? Why did you stop? Please excuse me asking so many questions :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Magenta why didn't you just give him the color names chart? Click: HERE
There are so many charts and graphs and color pickers available, I figured it would be just as easy for anyone to find one they liked. I liked the one I gave the url for the other day in the conversation thread, but my IE crashed and when I reopened it, my tabs were gone :( Except for the one I had open listening to Biblegateway being read to me by Max McLean, the book of Esther :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Mag, where did you find the 480 guests listed in the home thread? :cool:
That is (or was) the number listed on the main page :) They could be anywhere on the site :)

I looked a minute ago and one had left :(;)

Now there are 475 :unsure:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
What I like about the new CC...

it has that new car smell.

-------

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What I like about the new CC: When Robo sent the monthly donation message, the "conversation" format meant instead of sending a private message to a lot of people he started a big conversation with a lot of people. Every person in that conversation was able to read what other people replied to Robo. THAT was hiliarious!

But it can be doggone useful, this new conversation thing. If I want to start a topic with three different people about a music project we are working on, we don't have to send a whole lot of messages back and forth to all stay on the same page. I just start a conversation with three people and all of them can read what each other said.

So instead of PM now we basically have private forum threads that only the people in the conversation can read. This has potential I think most people don't yet realize.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Change can be an agent of preservation. In this case, I think it is. My interest in CC has been renewed.