What do you stream and what your favorite tv show to watch?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Do you have a tv show you stream or dvr?

Currently I’m watching a British show on Peacock called In the Line of Duty. I primarily watch mysteries, true crime, cop, and medical shows. It’s totally different than what I used to watch 5 or 10 years ago.

So what’s on?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
youtube and Amazon mostly.

I like watching Reflections on TBN, you can stream it off the site.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Nothing at the moment, books are my stream.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021

Currently I’m watching a British show on Peacock called In the Line of Duty. I primarily watch mysteries, true crime, cop, and medical shows. It’s totally different than what I used to watch 5 or 10 years ago.

So what’s on?

I don't stream anything. 15 years ago, I bought a good indoor HD TV antenna and hooked it up to the back of my TV set. It took about 5 minutes and cost $35. I get 64 channels and all the local channels. I see lots of old and new stuff, reruns of old movies, newer movies, PBS, everything I could want to see. I'm not selling anything, but if you haven't tried an indoor HD TV antenna, you should give it a try. Walmart has a good selection. For $35, what have you got to lose? Nothing at all! If you're not satisfied with it you can return it to Walmart for a full refund.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ

So what’s on?
Mostly older shows. Odd Couple, Newhart, Get Smart, Seinfeld. The only "new" show I followed on TV was Supernatural, but I fell out of that its last season. And, with all the wokeness out there now, I'm reluctant to try any new shows.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Youtube....
I just watched an intense and interesting debate between Russell Brand and Jordan Peterson.

First time I've seen a great discussion the Topic where both sides actually came armed to an intellectual discussion. None of the usual games were played...just brains and discussion.

I do have to say though that Jordan Peterson won the debate...Russell didn't look bad either...but he just lost his side with the arguments he brought.

It was game, set, and match. Jordan had him before he knew it...not that Russell is an idiot....not by a long shot...he was smooth and good and initially convincing. But Jordan knew exactly what he was saying and why...and Russell had to concede those points to him.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Youtube....
I just watched an intense and interesting debate between Russell Brand and Jordan Peterson.

First time I've seen a great discussion the Topic where both sides actually came armed to an intellectual discussion. None of the usual games were played...just brains and discussion.

I do have to say though that Jordan Peterson won the debate...Russell didn't look bad either...but he just lost his side with the arguments he brought.

It was game, set, and match. Jordan had him before he knew it...not that Russell is an idiot....not by a long shot...he was smooth and good and initially convincing. But Jordan knew exactly what he was saying and why...and Russell had to concede those points to him.
Would you provide the link? I’d like to see it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Stand up comedy on YouTube and an occasional let's play video if I want more information on a video game before I buy it.

Yep, I'm that boring.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Don't really watch anything new on TV. Or old, for that matter. Grew tired of commercials.
Mostly I watch YT. Team Edge, Stevie T, dash cam compilations and fail compilations being my biggest watches, but also anything else that catches my attention randomly. I spent a few hours watching The People's Court and Hoarders yesterday, for example.
I also sometimes watch Netflix. My father and I have gone through Deep Space 9, Knight Rider and now watching SG-1.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
This was very interesting. I see Russel’s point about putting on love when talking to someone and not anger. Honestly, I thought this was going to be a much darker conversation. They seem to have a mutual respect for one another.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
This was very interesting. I see Russel’s point about putting on love when talking to someone and not anger. Honestly, I thought this was going to be a much darker conversation. They seem to have a mutual respect for one another.
But you have to admit that Jordan was showing greater love by defending those who are having cognitive issues and aren't thinking straight. 20% involved in malpractice lawsuits is not really representative....the real number having misgivings is likely much much higher. Then there are those who have committed suicide...who can't speak at all now.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
But you have to admit that Jordan was showing greater love by defending those who are having cognitive issues and aren't thinking straight. 20% involved in malpractice lawsuits is not really representative....the real number having misgivings is likely much much higher. Then there are those who have committed suicide...who can't speak at all now.
Granted, and I’m glad mental health issues are being dealt with in a serious way.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Have you seen the current version on CBS?
No. I haven't seen one episode. I prayed that the series would return again and it did. The problem is that I don't want my fond memories of the character to be tarnished.
I loved the movies though.

I guess you watched the new episodes. What is your honest opinion of the acting, script and direction?

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
No. I haven't seen one episode. I prayed that the series would return again and it did. The problem is that I don't want my fond memories of the character to be tarnished.
I loved the movies though.

I guess you watched the new episodes. What is your honest opinion of the acting, script and direction?
I’ve only seen the new episodes; I didn’t know there was a British version. I like the writing and stuff and the Equalizer in the new version is Queen Latifa. They’ve updated the show so computers are involved and the time line is obviously current. I won’t include a trailer in this post so any original thoughts can stay intact, but I think checking it out may be fun. You can always stop the new version any time you want. :)

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I’ve only seen the new episodes; I didn’t know there was a British version. I like the writing and stuff and the Equalizer in the new version is Queen Latifa. They’ve updated the show so computers are involved and the time line is obviously current. I won’t include a trailer in this post so any original thoughts can stay intact, but I think checking it out may be fun. You can always stop the new version any time you want. :)
Thanks. I might do that.
The lead character was a great actor from the UK who came to the states and was hired for the role of the series. It was filmed in NY. His name is Edward Woodward. A lot of other actors got their start in the series and the drummer for The Police did the background music and main score for the series.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
My favorite all-time TV show is Long Lost Family UK & LLF US. It's about a family member looking for another family member separated because of adoption. There are 2 cases per episode of say a child looking for their bio mom/dad or parent looking for their child they had to give up at the time. One episode was a man was looking for his bio mom at the same time another lady applied looking for the same mother's name. They turned out to be half siblings and were so glad because it turned out their bio mom when traced to Singapore didn't want to disrupt her current family.
In another episode when a lady wanted to meet her bio family, using Ancestry DNA they discovered she wasn't related to her own family but to another family. She was accidentally switched with another baby in the nursery at birth.
Of course there's one of my Churches out of Chicago I watch Wed nites and Sunday mornings