What do you think about works?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 17, 2021
what are you rambling about? Christians are not sinless. Christians are redeemed by the blood of Christ

your understanding is that those who say we do not earn salvation are also saying it is ok to sin

you are all the same

no it is not even close to what I said

ramble on. you are not worth the effort and typical of those who are confused over works and salvation

not bothering with your assertions any further.
Hahahah.... your so funny thank you for the morning crack up, didn't I ask you to do that before?.
I'm so thankful that I continually ask for GOD's UNDERSTANDING rather than cling to my own.
Good Luck on your search for salvation, may GOD bless your journey

E

eternally-gratefull

Hahahah.... your so funny thank you for the morning crack up, didn't I ask you to do that before?.
I'm so thankful that I continually ask for GOD's UNDERSTANDING rather than cling to my own.
Good Luck on your search for salvation, may GOD bless your journey
Salvation is not a journey my friend.

Its an event.

If you think it is a journey, I will wish you luck, Because you will need it.

S

SophieT

Correct me if I misunderstood you
Do you believe when you are Christian keep murder or other bad work doesn't remove your salvation
fallen on deaf ears yet again

I can't stand it. over and over and over and over like some horrendous score to a movie you wish you had not watched and the music plays in your head and you just want it to go away

NO I DO NOT MURDER OR MOLEST CHILDREN OR FOOL AROUND ON MY HUSBAND OR STEAL FROM THE NEIGHBOR OR COVET THEIR LAND OR LIE TO THE FBI

pardon me folks, but jackson here has asked me this question so many times and most of the time I no longer bother to answer because once I tried, I really really tried, to assure him I do not think being a Christian means I can sin until the cows come home and live like a boatload of pagan sailors

he does not care. he will come back and tell me I do not know what a Christian is or how I should live

it's the stuff nightmares are made of :eek:

so I took this tongue in cheek approach ;)

ok. nothing to see here :whistle:

S

SophieT

Here we go again..

A pharisee of pharisees

I think he has a rolodex of the members here and selectively goes through it always asking the same things about salvation

and then he will correct you no matter how you answer

maybe he is a bot with a bad accent :unsure:

S

SophieT

Its an event.

this is another one who has his erroneous doctrine all lined up like limping ducks out of water

that line in particular makes me want to say things that I should not say

my dad used to say, way back when, 'where do these people come from?' when he was watching the news

ditto dad. ditto

E

eternally-gratefull

this is another one who has his erroneous doctrine all lined up like limping ducks out of water

that line in particular makes me want to say things that I should not say

my dad used to say, way back when, 'where do these people come from?' when he was watching the news

ditto dad. ditto
Sad indeed.

At the same time, It does make ya wanna scream

S

SophieT

Once you have accepted the Way the Truth and the Life, your saying, we don't have to maintain what we accepted, because we remain a. Christian always, there is nothing we need to do?
We cannot be better than Christ, we can be like him, but never better.
why bother to ask me what I am saying when you are telling me what I am saying?

S

SophieT

Do you believe when you are Christian keep murder or other bad work doesn't remove your salvation
well I thought I should add that even if you are a murderer? and honestly have a changed heart and have accepted Christ?

YES YOU ARE FORGIVEN ALSO!!!!!!!

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Correct me if I misunderstood you
Why do you keep on asking this question when every time the answer is no.
As I have said many times you always use "Murder"

Actually I give you a bit of credit here because at least you ask.
Normally you assume that they believe you can commit murder and be saved.

Anyway let's dig a a little deeper.
Let's discuss other bad works?
What are they?

S

SophieT

Why do you keep on asking this question when every time the answer is no.
As I have said many times you always use "Murder"

Actually I give you a bit of credit here because at least you ask.
Normally you assume that they believe you can commit murder and be saved.

Anyway let's dig a a little deeper.
Let's discuss other bad works?
What are they?
Hey! he was asking me

wait your turn

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
no

if you are a Christian (and these days I better add 'in truth and not in name only), you have already accepted the Way, the Truth and the Life

that is Jesus

what we do does not create or lessen our standing in Christ. He is our righteousness and we have none of our own

works do not save us, keep us or make us better that the One who has saved us. God does not need our additions to HIS plan for our salvation
You are forgetting many things the Lord tells you. Although you hear the Lord telling you that your works are not making you saved, it is faith, but if you actually had faith in all Christ told you, then your life would reflect Christ within and you would not take it on yourself to act as judge of others that is only the place of the Lord to do. You say you have faith in that Christ can save, well so do the demons have that faith. Do you have faith in all Christ tells you? Your posts do not reflect that faith, they judge others.

You say that my making that statement is judging you. It is not, it is judging the acts that you are acting out. It is up to the Lord to decide on Sophie, if I tried to do that I would be out of line. However, the Lord tells me that I may look at the acts of Sophie.

Here is a quote from one of you posts: you to the point you have become nasty...before you were simply wrong in what you state regarding the law....but now you are nasty

This is a post of mine that started off the judgments against this "Blik"" Yet under the old covenant you find teaching of faith and grace. Those are eternal truths, not old and new. The true law is the spirit of the law and it is eternal, not old and new.

S

SophieT

You are forgetting many things the Lord tells you. Although you hear the Lord telling you that your works are not making you saved, it is faith, but if you actually had faith in all Christ told you, then your life would reflect Christ within and you would not take it on yourself to act as judge of others that is only the place of the Lord to do. You say you have faith in that Christ can save, well so do the demons have that faith. Do you have faith in all Christ tells you? Your posts do not reflect that faith, they judge others.

You say that my making that statement is judging you. It is not, it is judging the acts that you are acting out. It is up to the Lord to decide on Sophie, if I tried to do that I would be out of line. However, the Lord tells me that I may look at the acts of Sophie.

Here is a quote from one of you posts: you to the point you have become nasty...before you were simply wrong in what you state regarding the law....but now you are nasty

This is a post of mine that started off the judgments against this "Blik"" Yet under the old covenant you find teaching of faith and grace. Those are eternal truths, not old and new. The true law is the spirit of the law and it is eternal, not old and new.

just wake up from your nap then?

I actually had a nap after working outside and then had a coffee. I'm feeling a little spunky

try coffee :coffee:

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
well I thought I should add that even if you are a murderer? and honestly have a changed heart and have accepted Christ?

YES YOU ARE FORGIVEN ALSO!!!!!!!
And you will murder no more.

Notice he says "keep murder"

Having said that I can't recall murder being mentioned by Paul concerning not inheriting the kingdom of God.

Not saying this is a free pass but people often use this, as to why I don't know.

With regards to "other bad works"
Well that list could be as long as till receipt for a years shopping.
Very sad that bad works are not doing bad things to be saved yet they don't think of doing the good things that Jesus asked us to do but don't do is not a bad work.

Matthew 25:33-40
33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

It's pathetic.

S

SophieT

With regards to "other bad works"
Well that list could be as long as till receipt for a years shopping.
Very sad that bad works are not doing bad things to be saved yet they don't think of doing the good things that Jesus asked us to do but don't do is not a bad work.
(y)(y)(y)

the pope would be so proud of them :cautious:

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

Its an event.

We walk with Jesus.
John_12:35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

Matt_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
(y)(y)(y)

the pope would be so proud of them :cautious:
I will never get this mortal/venial sin.

Sin is sin full stop.
It doesn't have to be physical only.
A simple example.

Jesus said "If you lust after another woman in your heart then you have committed adultery"

Had a conversation with a Catholic concerning this.

Apparently if you only think about it then it's not adultery because you haven't actually physically comittted adultery.

E

eternally-gratefull

We walk with Jesus.
John_12:35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

Matt_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
so you think that is how you are saved?

S

SophieT

Sin is sin full stop.
A simple example.

Jesus said "If you lust after another woman in your heart then you have committed adultery"

Apparently if you only think about it then it's not adultery because you haven't actually physically comittted adultery.

good call there. sin originates in the mind though, so ...

we think about something before we do it.

E

eternally-gratefull

Sin is sin full stop.
A simple example.

its a way to water down the law and allow you continue in "your sin" which is not as bad as"there sin" so you can live with yourself.