What do you thinK about...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SantoSubito

Gods commandment to not observe the days or pagan holidays?

Do you still believe it applies today to holidays like easter, xmas, valentines day, halloween, and many other holidays?

I still think it is in effect and no matter how much you wanna christianize something bad it still does not nullify the fact that these are not holidays set by God or Jesus and that they have origins in pagan things, and it seems more of a justification to celebrate humanistic things, not very good in my opinion.
If you look at it these holidays were not an effort to Christianize a pagan festival, but they were placed around pagan holidays to help keep Christians from being tempted to celebrate the pagan festivals. But if you insist that we shouldn't celebrate a holiday on any day pagans had a holiday that rules out pretty much every day of the year. I would also add that everything pagans did or made was not bad, in fact pagans created the alphabet we're writing in.

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
Gods commandment to not observe the days or pagan holidays?

Do you still believe it applies today to holidays like easter, xmas, valentines day, halloween, and many other holidays?

I still think it is in effect and no matter how much you wanna christianize something bad it still does not nullify the fact that these are not holidays set by God or Jesus and that they have origins in pagan things, and it seems more of a justification to celebrate humanistic things, not very good in my opinion.
Great POST! Yah found me and Yah put His laws in my heart (the new testament ark of the covenant is the law/commandments/torah written on our individual hearts.) Knowing and understanding "pagan christianity" I found I can no longer participate or approve for myself all the "man made traditions" that are of pagan origin, especially those in the name of "Christ"ianity. As I've been studying Yah's Word and His calendar, I believe that more and more eyes are seeing and more and more the truth is being heard and for me, I look forward with excitement as I obey Yah's commandments. This included not only the rejection of Christmas and Easter but accepting the Sabbath as the day of rest that is a sign of who belongs to Yah. I could go on and on how exciting Yah's ways are in comparison to man made traditions, but I believe that if you are meant to know the truth that you (christians following paganism) will WAKE UP and you will know it was not of yourself that you received Yah and His commandments, but that of His Holy Spirit coming to write His law/commandments/Torah on your heart. If you are a Christian who defends the traditions of men, don't feel alone. I was once there and praise Yah I am now a FULL TESTAMENT child of Yah.

May 18, 2011
Great POST! Yah found me and Yah put His laws in my heart (the new testament ark of the covenant is the law/commandments/torah written on our individual hearts.) Knowing and understanding "pagan christianity" I found I can no longer participate or approve for myself all the "man made traditions" that are of pagan origin, especially those in the name of "Christ"ianity. As I've been studying Yah's Word and His calendar, I believe that more and more eyes are seeing and more and more the truth is being heard and for me, I look forward with excitement as I obey Yah's commandments. This included not only the rejection of Christmas and Easter but accepting the Sabbath as the day of rest that is a sign of who belongs to Yah. I could go on and on how exciting Yah's ways are in comparison to man made traditions, but I believe that if you are meant to know the truth that you (christians following paganism) will WAKE UP and you will know it was not of yourself that you received Yah and His commandments, but that of His Holy Spirit coming to write His law/commandments/Torah on your heart. If you are a Christian who defends the traditions of men, don't feel alone. I was once there and praise Yah I am now a FULL TESTAMENT child of Yah.
PRAISE YAH, PRAISE YAH, PRAISE YAH, HALLELUYAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!