A
Ariel82
Guest
What are some warning signs you're a lukewarm Christian. If you're afraid if being lukewarm, does that make you not lukewarm?
If you are afraid of being lukewarm, you probably are not. Sometimes fear will allow us to stop and reexamine our hearts to see if we are focused on God and doing His will.
However God does not want us to stay afraid.
for example if you see a red light you stop because you are afraid that another car might hit you. in the same manner fear should be a temporary stop light.
To be lukewarm is to think you have everything you need because you are rich and have material things but you do not seek after the things of God. You don't care to repent of your sins (wretched), pray/ establish a relationship with God (pitiable), store up treasure in HEAVEN (poor), read your Bible (blind) or do good works (naked).
Revelation 3:14-22 ESV s
“And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation. “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.