What does God really love?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2018
***First Challenge: My proposals are indicated in Philippians 2:1-5 and John 14-17.

Guess what are actions done by true Christians are loved by God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

Php 2:1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy,
Php 2:2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Php 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
Php 2:4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,

***Very Important Teachings in John 13-17-- ETRS (7 pgs.)--
https://app.box.com/s/8uoyanljwo4l2trjqxokxemqbgztb9hk

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
G-d loves because that is His who He is.... G-d is LOVE!

E

eternally-gratefull

God loves the lost. So much, He came to save them.

Oct 24, 2018
G-d loves because that is His who He is.... G-d is LOVE!
Please reread the challenge which is about in what ways do His adopted children please Him more to love them more. We know He doesn't love our sins and such stop our Holy Spirit connection with Him.

Oct 24, 2018
Make your point. :)
Two posts were about God's actions, not about believers actions. This is an open thought provoker for many different Biblical responses, not one point.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Two posts were about God's actions, not about believers actions. This is an open thought provoker for many different Biblical responses, not one point.
Does that not contradict the OP title "What does God really love?" Then you turn around and expect us to give a believer's reaction to God's love. Shouldn't your OP have said "What does God's love require of us?" Or something to that effect? :cool:

Oct 24, 2018
Does that not contradict the OP title "What does God really love?" Then you turn around and expect us to give a believer's reaction to God's love. Shouldn't your OP have said "What does God's love require of us?" Or something to that effect? :cool:
No it is not contradictory. And God is not a dictator via the Holy Spirit and circumstances. Why are you being vocabulary picky. Why don't you just help others by listing the things you do that you know that please God and site appropriate Bible verses? Or are you in the 2 Timothy 3:1-5 group of Christians?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
:)

God loves a cheerful giver
(2 Corinthians 9:7)

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
😇 the syrian siberian cat fellow tiger who was left at the white house.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
You know what G-d really Loves the UNSAVED …. HE SENT HIS ONLY BEGOTON SON TO DIE ON THE CROSS FOR THEM!!!!

You do that... I don't think I could... I have only one son....

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus
(John 11:5)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
♪ Jesus loves the little children,
all the children of the world

red and yellow, black and white
they are precious in His sight

Jesus loves the little children of the world! ♫

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
♪ Jesus loves the little children,
all the children of the world

red and yellow, black and white
they are precious in His sight

Jesus loves the little children of the world! ♫

I was going to post that
But you guys want a debate 😏

Oct 24, 2018
😇 the syrian siberian cat fellow tiger who was left at the white house.
Why would God love that action? I am seeking how His adopted children can please Him. So much in this World saddens or grieves Him.

Oct 24, 2018
God loves His people reading the word.

***There are two ways to read the Bible: for selfish reasons and for unselfish reasons.
Most professing Christians do only the former way.
I do all I can to encourage others to do the latter way
for making good changes in their ways of thinking and doing.
God's truths and ways are wonderful
and result in wonderful feelings of divine peace and divine joy.
During a sermon on Romans 5:1-5, eight ways of relating to the Bible came to my mind.
So the ways one should relate to the Bible are
1.) Read, 2.) Study, 3.) Meditate, 4.) Memorize,
5.) Discuss it, 6.) Counsel with it, 7.) Prepare a Bible study tool and teach it.
Frequently living it should be done everyday by Christians,
but at least one of the others should be done too, preferable several.
Reading and study of the Bible should never be done when an individual is not thinking as Proverbs 3:5-6 says.
In other words, reading just to read or just because someone else says so
will usually not have lasting results.
Thinking as Proverbs 3:5-6 commands helps an individual to become sensitive to The Holy Spirit,
Who Jesus said in John 14-16 would be a believer’s convictor, comforter, teacher, and guide.
The following is my translation of those important verses:
Trust in the Lord
with all my heart,
and lean not on my own understanding
or past experiences.
In all my ways acknowledge
(be thankful for) Him,
and He (via The Holy Spirit) shall direct
my thinking and doing.