What Does It Mean That God Desires All People To Be Saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
Well, it has already been established that you are more than willing to make up your own statistics to back up what you think is true despite the fact that predestination is a core doctrine of Calvinism, as per the U in tulip.
You just proved my point. Thanks.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
The answers to all these questions are pretty straightforward.

Is it considered a desire if I only have a strong feeling of wanting?
No. Your feelings are not a factor. Ever. You can feel a lot of things; but at the end of the day, a lot of feelings are fleshy and have nothing to do with our actual desires. Many are "the desires of the flesh" which are only tangentially related to our actual desires.
Do I need to do anything to make my desire a desire?
People act contrary to their own desires all the time... so, no. People can't always actualize their desires for one reason or another.
If I volunteer to incur all the expenses for my family does this make it a desire when before it wasn't?
No... but it sure goes a long way in demonstrating that it was a desire of yours.
What if I only volunteered to pay for some family members?
again... people can't always actualize their desires. There are many factors to take into consideration. Can some family members afford to pay their own way? Could you afford to pay all; but only paid some? Whose expenses did you pay and why?
Does this affect whether it is a desire or lessen the desire to have the company of my family?
Like I said before, It's a demonstration of your desire.
Does God have to do anything for people in order for His desire to be genuine?
Yeah; but he already did. The reason why I say GOD had to do something- and you don't is because he doesn't have our limitations. He can, and has, and does, and will continue to actualize his desires.
If so, does He have to act equally towards all people for His desire to be real?
Depends on what you mean by equal. He desires that everyone is saved... but not to the point that he will force it on somebody. He'll pay for your ticket... and even come pick you up: but he's not gonna force you to go on vacation with him.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The answers to all these questions are pretty straightforward.

No. Your feelings are not a factor. Ever. You can feel a lot of things; but at the end of the day, a lot of feelings are fleshy and have nothing to do with our actual desires. Many are "the desires of the flesh" which are only tangentially related to our actual desires.

People act contrary to their own desires all the time... so, no. People can't always actualize their desires for one reason or another.

No... but it sure goes a long way in demonstrating that it was a desire of yours.

again... people can't always actualize their desires. There are many factors to take into consideration. Can some family members afford to pay their own way? Could you afford to pay all; but only paid some? Whose expenses did you pay and why?

Like I said before, It's a demonstration of your desire.

Yeah; but he already did. The reason why I say GOD had to do something- and you don't is because he doesn't have our limitations. He can, and has, and does, and will continue to actualize his desires.

Depends on what you mean by equal. He desires that everyone is saved... but not to the point that he will force it on somebody. He'll pay for your ticket... and even come pick you up: but he's not gonna force you to go on vacation with him.
I appreciate you sharing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Funny how you're the authority on what you don't believe. Very convenient.
Apparently you don't believe it either! Which is funny that you then put yourself forward as some
kind of self-appointed authority giving out made up statistics. To each their own, I suppose.

But since you like to deny the truth, I will say for the board:

In Calvinist theology, unconditional election is considered to be one aspect
of predestination in which God chooses certain individuals to be saved.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
One does not have to believe something in order to be informed of what is involved,
although @NightTwister would like to have others believe that should be the case.
But that just shows what a hypocrite he is, because he does not believe it (U) either. LOL!

Calvinism gets discussed here ad nauseum. Many who don't believe the five points of Calvinism
(as described through the acronym of T.U.L.I.P.) are true to what Scripture teaches on the matter
of salvation are informed of what those points entail, and how they deviate from Scripture.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
Apparently you don't believe it either! Which is funny that you then put yourself forward as some
kind of self-appointed authority giving out made up statistics. To each their own, I suppose.

I never denied that, and I can't figure out why you think I did.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
One does not have to believe something in order to be informed of what is involved,
although @NightTwister would like to have others believe that should be the case.
But that just shows what a hypocrite he is, because he does not believe it (U) either. LOL!

Calvinism gets discussed here ad nauseum. Many who don't believe the five points of Calvinism
(as described through the acronym of T.U.L.I.P.) are true to what Scripture teaches on the matter
of salvation are informed of what those points entail, and how they deviate from Scripture.
And now you're going to talk about me instead of to me. I thought better of you, but was obviously mistaken.

Simona1988

Mar 15, 2021
Often the actions of God bring salvation to one group and death to another. Is He still good? Of course.
God's actions do not bring death for He IS love, life and light. People's sins bring death to themselves. And sin means separation from God. Death is the absence of life.

If you think about Pharaoh and Moses, Pharaoh was already spiritually death (separated from God) Moses was IN God so the miracle was possible for him, but not for Pharaoh, because he was seated outside of God, in another mode of existence.

The Bible (edit: the Greek language) does not use the word "to die" for both sinners and saints. Herod dies (he "expires") whereas Holy Mary or Saint Stephen etc., they "fall asleep".

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
God's actions do not bring death for He IS love, life and light. People's sins bring death to themselves. And sin means separation from God. Death is the absence of life.

If you think about Pharaoh and Moses, Pharaoh was already spiritually death (separated from God) Moses was IN God so the miracle was possible for him, but not for Pharaoh, because he was seated outside of God, in another mode of existence.

The Bible (edit: the Greek language) does not use the word "to die" for both sinners and saints. Herod dies (he "expires") whereas Holy Mary or Saint Stephen etc., they "fall asleep".
"Holy Mary"?

Do you pray and worship her?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

Thanks for sharing.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021

still on with the calvinist?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Heresies are in your twisted head.
Hmmm.

Can you point to where it says in Scripture that we should worship, or even pray to Mary?

Also, Here is a good explanation of just what it means for Mary to be the mother of God. Hope you are not confused. Mary was a sinner, just like you and me, that needed her Son's Sacrifice to pay her sin debt.

We should distinguish the term Theotokos from mother of God, because there is a subtle yet important difference. The term mother of God could be taken wrongly as implying that Mary was the source or originator of God, similar to how Juno was the mother of Vulcan in Roman mythology. Of course, Christianity teaches that God is eternal and that Jesus Christ has a pre-existent, divine nature. The idea that Mary is the mother of God in the sense that she was the source of God or somehow predated God or is herself part of the Godhead is patently unbiblical, and heretical.

Ted01

May 14, 2022
Dormition is the act of going dormant... or, more commonly seen as "falling asleep".
Some believe that Mary did not die, in the normative sense... but rather fell asleep and was translated into Heaven.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Dormition is the act of going dormant... or, more commonly seen as "falling asleep".
Some believe that Mary did not die, in the normative sense... but rather fell asleep and was translated into Heaven.
Thank you,

Jesus told the theif on the cross he would be with him in paradise that evening? How is that any different? I looked it up. It appears they believe Mary was given her heavenly body already. Do they understand that no one has been resurrected yet? Not even Mary, Who is in Paradise awaiting the return of her savior?