What does it mean to "judge" someone... particularly, I speak of Trump

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusWhereRU

Active member
Apr 16, 2021
840
275
43
OK, we have heard all the bad stuff about Trump... been married/divorced a few times... used to be pro-death

etc..

I recently heard he is friends w/ Bill Gates... a promoter of murder in the womb, last time I heard anyhow... (Does Trump try to convert him? God knows)

Well anyway... Christians forgive (the real ones anyhow) and so we forgave him his checkered past. Besides, to NOT support him meant supporting... AHHHHH... well, u know... so he is at least the lesser of 2 evils... very much lesser IMO

OK, so I am not just talking about Trump here.

What does it mean, really, to "judge" someone?

Well, if someone s ays "You are going to Hell because you don't believe the right things, don't believe as I do"

that is definitely judging someone... unless that person believes in murder or whatever... Then you are just speaking the truth..

By the way, people hate when u speak certain truths... but anyhow...

If someone says You are on your way to hell because you don't believe in... I dunno... the Trinity...

well, that is acting as Judge and we all know there is only ONE of those.

Have you had experiences being "judged"? Well, who hasn't ... but what I mean is.. maybe u could tell us your stories.. and maybe we can clear up the confusion surrounding the J word...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Blain
OK, we have heard all the bad stuff about Trump... been married/divorced a few times... used to be pro-death

etc..

I recently heard he is friends w/ Bill Gates... a promoter of murder in the womb, last time I heard anyhow... (Does Trump try to convert him? God knows)

Well anyway... Christians forgive (the real ones anyhow) and so we forgave him his checkered past. Besides, to NOT support him meant supporting... AHHHHH... well, u know... so he is at least the lesser of 2 evils... very much lesser IMO

OK, so I am not just talking about Trump here.

What does it mean, really, to "judge" someone?

Well, if someone s ays "You are going to Hell because you don't believe the right things, don't believe as I do"

that is definitely judging someone... unless that person believes in murder or whatever... Then you are just speaking the truth..

By the way, people hate when u speak certain truths... but anyhow...

If someone says You are on your way to hell because you don't believe in... I dunno... the Trinity...

well, that is acting as Judge and we all know there is only ONE of those.

Have you had experiences being "judged"? Well, who hasn't ... but what I mean is.. maybe u could tell us your stories.. and maybe we can clear up the confusion surrounding the J word...
The word judge has different meanings depending on how it is used and in what context. To judge or decide or make a decision is one way it is used which is why we are to have good judgment. A good judge makes their decision with wisdom not with condemnation discerning and deciding righteously is a trait of the holy spirit but looking down on someone speaking ill of them having a negative unchrist like view this is judging in a bad way

Trump like anyone is human and has made many mistakes however we should judge him and decide for ourselves based on his character. I like him because he stood up for Israel, he spoke out about the media even though he knew he would be blasted by them. He knew the election was being manipulated and spoke against it he isn't afraid to speak for what he thinks is right.
He will call out deception and knows how this game is being played so he is no fool.

I do not like however how he can be arrogant and cocky he can be to loose with his lips and can be rash this is not judging him or looking down on him just traits about him I think he needs to work on. A better example perhaps is my stance on gay people, I do not agree with their lifestyle and recognize it is wrong but I treat them with the same love and respect I would anyone else, if they ask yes I will say it is a sin but will not judge or attack them for it as personality I believe it is not always a choice.
There are believers who would not think twice about doing so however and are the main reason gays don't like Christian and I know several gay people as well as trangender and they can attest to how a judgmental Christian can be they say I am the only real Christian they have met because I show love and respect even though I don't agree with their lifestyles.

I don't look down on them or poke fun at their fleshly weakness I recognize it is wrong yet how I see them is through love
 
The word judge has different meanings depending on how it is used and in what context. To judge or decide or make a decision is one way it is used which is why we are to have good judgment. A good judge makes their decision with wisdom not with condemnation discerning and deciding righteously is a trait of the holy spirit but looking down on someone speaking ill of them having a negative unchrist like view this is judging in a bad way

Trump like anyone is human and has made many mistakes however we should judge him and decide for ourselves based on his character. I like him because he stood up for Israel, he spoke out about the media even though he knew he would be blasted by them. He knew the election was being manipulated and spoke against it he isn't afraid to speak for what he thinks is right.
He will call out deception and knows how this game is being played so he is no fool.

I do not like however how he can be arrogant and cocky he can be to loose with his lips and can be rash this is not judging him or looking down on him just traits about him I think he needs to work on. A better example perhaps is my stance on gay people, I do not agree with their lifestyle and recognize it is wrong but I treat them with the same love and respect I would anyone else, if they ask yes I will say it is a sin but will not judge or attack them for it as personality I believe it is not always a choice.
There are believers who would not think twice about doing so however and are the main reason gays don't like Christian and I know several gay people as well as trangender and they can attest to how a judgmental Christian can be they say I am the only real Christian they have met because I show love and respect even though I don't agree with their lifestyles.

I don't look down on them or poke fun at their fleshly weakness I recognize it is wrong yet how I see them is through love
I have only skimmed through this because.. not much more time for i-net for today. But I copied to read later.

one thing thatstrikes me however is the gay stuff..

I mean, of course gays don't like christians and call them Judgmental... They know somewhere inside they are doing wrong.. unless their consciences have been seared or something.. I feel it is the devil in them that makes them lash out.. nothing more/ nothing less than the devil
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magenta
I have only skimmed through this because.. not much more time for i-net for today. But I copied to read later.

one thing thatstrikes me however is the gay stuff..

I mean, of course gays don't like christians and call them Judgmental... They know somewhere inside they are doing wrong.. unless their consciences have been seared or something.. I feel it is the devil in them that makes them lash out.. nothing more/ nothing less than the devil
Well I am not saying that they don't lash out purely out of spite however we Christians aren't exactly innocent either. If you didn't know there have been and still are some Christians here in cc who love God but struggle with those desires they are terrified God hates them they have been condemned by other so called Christians and told they aren't saved one of them I knew very personally and he would confide in me his daily prayers and struggles needless to say they involved a lot of weeping.

He and others couldn't understand why they had to deal with it when all they wanted was to honor God one of them was being harrassed at church and attempted suicide. But as for it being the devil I agree but I also will add any sin we commit is of the devil as well. We can give guidence, we can give correction we can be there for such people but it isn't our place to judge and this is where the word becomes confused and misused.
 
I have read most posts here and agree w/ just about everything..

I think the worldly ones like to accuse Christians of judging..

It makes them feel better for the choices they are making which deep inside, they don't really feel 100% good about.. (being gay and etc..)

it is so easy to throw the J word out there... people do so without knowing what it really means...
 
IMO Catholics are often judged by Protestants bc the former think that the latter are virtually all on t heir way to Hell

The ironic thing is that.. it is possible it is actually the other way around... if anything. I mean, if the Catholic Church really is the Church Christ founded, and people are not IN that ONE true Church... well, u know the rest... Jesus did not establish a Church for no reason..

just because the devil has infiltrated and seems to have taken control of the Church does NOT nullify the fact that Jesus established this Church.

And so, yeh, for that reason alone, one should not be anti-Catholic. . like the devil.

Again, the OLD Catholic Church is the one that was closer (way) to what Jesus had in mind.. The new one is... bleh...

yet Jesus does not abandon His Church. Maybe in the end He will... God knows... but anyhow... No one, not even Jesus, knows when the end comes..
 
OK, we have heard all the bad stuff about Trump... been married/divorced a few times... used to be pro-death

etc..

I recently heard he is friends w/ Bill Gates... a promoter of murder in the womb, last time I heard anyhow... (Does Trump try to convert him? God knows)

Well anyway... Christians forgive (the real ones anyhow) and so we forgave him his checkered past. Besides, to NOT support him meant supporting... AHHHHH... well, u know... so he is at least the lesser of 2 evils... very much lesser IMO

OK, so I am not just talking about Trump here.

What does it mean, really, to "judge" someone?

Well, if someone s ays "You are going to Hell because you don't believe the right things, don't believe as I do"

that is definitely judging someone... unless that person believes in murder or whatever... Then you are just speaking the truth..

By the way, people hate when u speak certain truths... but anyhow...

If someone says You are on your way to hell because you don't believe in... I dunno... the Trinity...

well, that is acting as Judge and we all know there is only ONE of those.

Have you had experiences being "judged"? Well, who hasn't ... but what I mean is.. maybe u could tell us your stories.. and maybe we can clear up the confusion surrounding the J word...

JUDGMENT implies action taken against an offender.

For instance, a court JUDGE can sentence a convicted offender to fine and/or imprisonment.

In the modern American politically correct vernacular, judgment means to "shut up about it". If one's opinion is not popular he or she is said to be judging when in fact that person has done nothing of substance one way or the other. In other words, censorship is the answer to an unpopular opinion. Its the truth and its getting worse all the time. The end result is a nation of bobbleheads that do what they are told (or persuaded) to do regardless of its virtue or value.

Once upon a time it was said in America, "I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." That America is dead and gone. In its place is a nation of people who reject the views of others, against whom they will struggle and even kill. Let no one voice an opinion opposed to their own else they will be censored. There is no greater evidence of the death of America than this.

Jesus didn't judge anyone. Read the Bible. Believers do not have authority to judge anyone. When asked for permission to call down fire upon those that disagreed with them, Jesus rebuked His disciples (Luke 9:51-55). Jesus DID SAY that scoffers and unbelievers preferred darkness over truth (John 3:19). As such THEY JUDGE THEMSELVES unworthy of salvation and immortal life. (Acts 13:46) In other words, they condemn themselves to the Second Death.

The Bible also demands that believers WARN SINNERS of divine judgment and death. (Ezekiel 33) Believers have a MANDATE to warn against the destructive capacity of SIN. Those that do not do so will be punished along with the SINNER.

Are believers judging anyone? NO. Are believers falsely accused of judging? YES. Is warning of SIN a judgment? Absolutely not.

But sinners love their SIN and will do anything to justify it to themselves and those who wallow in it with them. In this do they judge themselves - they DO that which will self-destruct.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...