What does Romans 1:14 mean?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sharp

Senior Member
May 5, 2009
2,576
26
48
"I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."


Why is Paul under obligation to preach the gospel to everyone?


Thanks.
 
because that was what he was suppose to do :

Col 1:23If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I PAUL am made a minister;
 
Acts 9: 15 God chose Saul as His instrument to the gentiles, or barbarians as it were...
 
"I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."


Why is Paul under obligation to preach the gospel to everyone?


Thanks.

It was his obligation given to him by God. He was obeying the Lords will, and was preaching to not only those who needed to be saved, but was continuing to profess the word to those who were already saved.

At least thats my two cents on this subject.
 
apostle = apo stolos = outfrom sent; one sent for with a commission/for a purpose
 
"I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."


Why is Paul under obligation to preach the gospel to everyone?


Thanks.

Because he is not a Calvinist and therefore knows that Christ died for everyone.....
 
Hey, Calvinists preach the Gospel to everyone and feel obligated to do so because it's a command. The difference is, they're not expecting everyone to convert, they're preaching to find out who the elect really are.
 
"I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."


Why is Paul under obligation to preach the gospel to everyone?


Thanks.

Mark 16:15(NASB)
15And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

He was being obedient to the command of Jesus.

Isaiah 65:1(NASB)
1"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name,
I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'

This verse was repeated by Paul in Romans 10:20. Paul interprets this prophecy to apply to the time he was living in(also implies that it can be applied to our time).

Blessings,

Machew
 
Thanks everyone - I couldn't figure out whether it was to do with his calling to preach to the gentiles.



Done.