What does the top of the mountain look like?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
For some, its being married, buying that first house and filling it with furniture and love.

For some, its the peace of mind knowing that whatever comes next in life, you don't have to face it alone ever again.

For some, its having children and raising a family.

For some, its living in an apartment and traveling a lot.

For some, its being seen as socially relevant again and being able to walk into church knowing that no one is wondering anything about you.

For some, its being able to leave all of the expectations, judgments and concern behind, just 2 people against the world.

I have come to a strange conclusion that perhaps the people we think we want to be with are painting a very different picture as to what "IT" looks like. I wonder this because it seems strange to me to think that two people could project onto each other the path to the top of the mountain and never truly realize just how different their ideas of happiness are.

So what does it look like to you?

How does it feel when you get there?

J

Jullianna

For me the top of the mountain will look like a life that praised my Lord, however He directs my path. A life that served and protected others. A life I'm not ashamed of in spite of my many mistakes because they taught me valuable lessons. A life that called attention to God that hopefully caused others to make Him their focus as well. A life that reflects strength, compassion and faith.

I don't see children running around. I don't see a house of any size. I don't see cars. I don't see a certain career. And in spite of all of my kidding around, I don't even see a warehouse full of shoes. :) I see possibilities that I don't want to miss.

I know it sounds cliche, but like the song says, it really IS about the climb, not the top. The top is merely a reflection of what happened along the way. We only get one chance at this and we need to make it count for things that can't be counted.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Thank you Jullianna :)

I think I needed to hear that.

M

Matthew

I think you're only ready to see what it looks like once you've accepted it shouldn't look like anything in particular.

So.....I don't even try to see it, and I have only hopes for how it will feel.

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
I'm afraid I've never been on the top of a mountain, so I can't really help you.

B

babarainbowsheep

Dont know about top of mountain ....

But know that what i really would like is to be who and all I am , use my real name and also my religion (without ridecule , hate etc but live in peace)
To marry my soulmate in our religion, to be with all loved ones, real friends and family,John :)
to not have hate, abuse etc upon/toward me
live in truth
Home as in all a true home means (also free from abuse)home in body, spirit, soul and also housi home......
My horse and I riding and being like a canteur :)
doing work that God will as area of expertese and gifts to give and serve
The list goes on, but those things are what I really want now.

K

kayem77

I know it sounds cliche, but like the song says, it really IS about the climb, not the top. The top is merely a reflection of what happened along the way. We only get one chance at this and we need to make it count for things that can't be counted.
I like what you said Julianna, completely agree.
And that song is The Climb by Miley Cyrus right? :) I may not be her big fan but I like the lyrics of that song and I almost can see a christian meaning behind it (maybe because I'm christian , you see what you want to see right?) .

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

My top of the mountain changes and I think it may change with the years .Sometimes its the big family dream, the big house dream, the around the world adventure, the nice apartment with a cute dog,etc. However, what remains is that I want to do God's will, I definitely don't want my life to be in vain, I want to know that my life is pleasant to the eyes of the Lord,not to my eyes. Sometimes I feel I don't do enough for him honestly, I wish I could do everything for his glory. And that's when I quote Miley Cyrus and say'' keep on moving, keep climbing, keep the faith baby'. (Ok forget the ''baby'' part).
Hmm...who would say Miley Cyrus inspires me? hahah.

J

Jullianna

Yes, that's the song. I'm not a big Miley fan, but I like those lyrics alot :)