What does to believe in/on Christ mean to you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
The issue I have is when people try to become sinless following the sinless doctrine that one in particular I have seen destroy far to many young believers and even some veteran believers who try as they as might could not live to those standards the spirit may be willing but the flesh is weak.
First thing is that God provides an escape for all who want to leave their particular sin. Nothing beyond what one can bear (James 1:12). You just have to really want to leave that particular sin. As I said before, I also have a couple of sins I have not left/overcome, which I know is because I really don't want to leave them right now. I also know, however, that I will have to leave these if I want to please God, and if I want to progress with Gods grace.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

I always question who are we in Christ, are we brought into his kingdom or not because sin cannot abide in his kingdom but if this is true then what was the point of Jesus dying if we strive to become perfect and without sin then didi his blood really wash us clean and if not then how many times must we pin him to the cross in order to be seen as pure clean and righteous in his eyes.

Then I ask myself and if we are in fact clean pure and righteous in his eyes because of his grace and the sacrifice that was made then why do we continue to free ourselves from the chains of sin if we we arelady free from his perspective. I find it admirable to try to overcome sins that hold you back as long as you don't try to become sinless because the only one who has ever been without sin is Jesus at the same time I detest anyone who uses his grace to do as they please.

The way I see it we need to understand who and what we are in him and we need to simply keep moving forwards living according to his word and when we stumble which we will to know that we are saved by the arms of his grace get right back up and keep moving forwards
When we read through New Testament books we see the same struggles against sin we face today. They who continued to struggle against their sins, being truly contrite in their hearts about their sins the Lord saved them from those sins (Psalm 34:18) and did make white. We are to try to become sinless, which is to try to not be conformed to the ways of the world, and thereby be acceptable to God. He (God's grace) will then take the reins and direct us on a Spiritual path. I will therefore continue to look for a way to leave my remaining sins which I am not very contrite about now at the moment.

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
I just live according to one of my favorite verses in one of my favorite books in the bible Galatians 5:13-14 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Aside from that I don't over complicate it
Very good. And to love your neighbor as yourself is a spiritual quality, which those who look to live by, shall, while those who look to live a life for their flesh will only love others who believe as they do.

Matthew 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
We might say we agree with God’s Word, we might say we are trusting in what God has said, but without FAITH in the blood of Jesus/The Gospel, there will be no Light nor Life experience, for the Life is in the Blood and the Blood of The Lamb alone (Leviticus 17:11, Luke 22:20, Revelation 21:23).
It is true that Christ shedding His blood on the cross provides life to all who choose to accept and believe His Gospel.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Very good. And to love your neighbor as yourself is a spiritual quality, which those who look to live by, shall, while those who look to live a life for their flesh will only love others who believe as they do.

Matthew 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Ineed you can tell when someone is living according to the spirit when they show patience love and don't attack others for their disagreement in understanding, it's easy to show love to someone who agrees with you but to show love to someone deemed as an opposing force is not what the flesh does

Sep 3, 2016
It is true that Christ shedding His blood on the cross provides life to all who choose to accept and believe His Gospel.
“FALSE PROPHETS

1 But there were false Prophets also among the people (refers to the false prophets who plagued Israel of Old), even as there shall be false teachers among you (the false teacher is one who presents a way of Salvation, or a way of Sanctification, other than the Cross), who privily shall bring in damnable heresies (the idea is that these false teachers would teach some true Doctrine, and then cleverly include false teaching with it; it is the introduction of false teaching alongside the True that makes it very subtle, and which abrogates the True), even denying the Lord Who bought them (refers to denying the Cross), and bring upon themselves swift destruction (upon themselves and upon those who follow them, which refers to the ultimate loss of the soul).

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways (actually most!); by reason of whom the way of Truth shall be evil spoken of (proclaims the fact that not only is the Truth castigated, but the bearer of Truth as well! in short, it is a denigration of the Cross).

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you (the people are exploited instead of developed; the underlying cause is “money”): whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation s lumbers not (the Judgment seems to be delayed, but it definitely is not idle; sooner or later all who travel the path of “damnable heresies,” which refers to any way other than the Cross, will ultimately face “utter ruin and destruction”).” 2 Peter 2

JSM

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
“FALSE PROPHETS

1 But there were false Prophets also among the people (refers to the false prophets who plagued Israel of Old), even as there shall be false teachers among you (the false teacher is one who presents a way of Salvation, or a way of Sanctification, other than the Cross), who privily shall bring in damnable heresies (the idea is that these false teachers would teach some true Doctrine, and then cleverly include false teaching with it; it is the introduction of false teaching alongside the True that makes it very subtle, and which abrogates the True), even denying the Lord Who bought them (refers to denying the Cross), and bring upon themselves swift destruction (upon themselves and upon those who follow them, which refers to the ultimate loss of the soul).

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways (actually most!); by reason of whom the way of Truth shall be evil spoken of (proclaims the fact that not only is the Truth castigated, but the bearer of Truth as well! in short, it is a denigration of the Cross).

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you (the people are exploited instead of developed; the underlying cause is “money”): whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation s lumbers not (the Judgment seems to be delayed, but it definitely is not idle; sooner or later all who travel the path of “damnable heresies,” which refers to any way other than the Cross, will ultimately face “utter ruin and destruction”).” 2 Peter 2

JSM
You keep repeating the way of the cross without explaining your position on its meaning.
To me the way of the cross as you call it, is the Way of Jesus and all he taught in His gospels. This means that I take the whole of all in the Word and accept it all as truth. I do not cherry pick a verse here and there, then twist the verses to mean something I like to appease my flesh, while I omit other verses in the Word which clearly indicate my twisted version of a couple of verses is in fact denying the Lord who is the whole Word.